Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Stefanie Preissner

Described by a colleague "a very slightly prettier Alison Spittle".

It was not a compliment! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mark Hamill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

OK, also not inexplicable: explanation is very simple, he looks so smug I want to punch him. But definitely weirdly disproportionate. And fictional, to boot. (Unless I just want to punch the actor generally, not specifically this "portrayal".)

To wit: the guy with the jug -- jug, I ask you! -- of Avonmore "Heart Active" -- on the weather sponsorship segments.

How any single individual can look quite so self-satisfied, just from pouring a quasi-dairy product into his beverage...

I can only assume it took the sustained efforts of some top casting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

Housing minister eoghan murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Gregg Wallace

• Advertisement

valoren wrote: »
    Gregg Wallace

Not at all inexplicable - hate him with a passion!

Not at all inexplicable - hate him with a passion!

Let's be honest, when you start digging even a little, most of these noms are very, very explicable, one way or another!

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Let's be honest, when you start digging even a little, most of these noms are very, very explicable, one way or another!

Majella O'Donnell was an oidd one - seems rather innocuous to me!

I loathe the following and I'm sure a lot think them okay!

Andy Murray
    Gary Lineker
    Myleene Klass
    That McCall bint
    Anyone who describes themselves as a "social influencer"
    Mrs Jame Dornan - just, cos, ya know!!! :D

Andy Murray
    Gary Lineker
    Myleene Klass
    That McCall bint

I the spirit of outreach, I'll admit to agreeing with you on Klass. It's that Mail/Express lowbrow take on what they imagine to be "highbrow". With a generous dash of cheesy cheesecake. (Yes, I know cheesy cheesecake is a tautology. Merited here, all the same.)

Some of them are explicable with reference to the person being complained about.

Others, in terms of the person doing the complaining...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Andy Murray
    Gary Lineker
    Myleene Klass
    That McCall bint

Lineker's name pops up here quite a bit.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055608459

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Mark Hamill.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Boris Johnson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

I think this definition should be pinned to the OP

Definition of inexplicable
    : incapable of being explained, interpreted, or accounted for eg an inexplicable disappearance

- Mirriam Webster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Stefanie Preissner

LOVE Can't Cope, Won't Cope but christ Preissner is highly irritating. Serious chip on her shoulder due to being a former "large" girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Barry Kenny.

Now a 'celeb' talking head for some obscure reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

LOVE Can't Cope, Won't Cope but christ Preissner is highly irritating. Serious chip on her shoulder due to being a former "large" girl.

Can't say I've seen the programme but I have seen her on Brendan O'Connor's programme and she regularly writes in the Sunday Indo. She's very annoying. I like the Cork accent but her's goes through my head. Not really inexplicable I suppose.

I think this definition should be pinned to the OP

Definition of inexplicable
    : incapable of being explained, interpreted, or accounted for eg an inexplicable disappearance

- Mirriam Webster

He says, after "inexplicably" nominating a young, successful, left-leaning woman. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I never got that chip-and she was fairly grand to talk to on twitter...but maybe there's overexposure now, and all this 'she's such a hero'...well, not really?
    Her show is coming to an end, she's 31 now, and she doesn't conform to the 'blame the patriarchy' tripe LON and co peddle-she likes makeup, likes wearing dresses, likes modelling and so on. She doesn't stick with feminism, she's more egalitarian tbh.

She's making a podcast now, with her friend-and there are just too many podcasts now. Especially in Ireland. Just stahp.

Who is that absolute knob who played someone who shot a cat on a TV show ?

He was at Heuston Station going to Portlaoise for Electric Picnic and acting all billy big bollocks.

Utter ****.

He was at Heuston Station going to Portlaoise for Electric Picnic and acting all billy big bollocks.

Utter ****.

Barry Keoghan-and he irritates the absolute hell out of me. Ya just know he's gonna mess up big time. Every time the Irish media hype up some guy or gal as 'the next big thing' they mess up.

He's attached to a pilot of Y the Last Man-I hope he doesn't get it. The comic book is a classic, and he's all wrong for the role.

Another one who is a bit obscure but annoys me is Ray Walsh. Think he's the editor for TV now. He generally hypes up shows that go downhill very quickly. I dunno, his choices of tv shows are poor, to say the least.
    There was another guy who used to write tv reviews for TV now, and he was really, really accurate in his critiques. Walsh I just don't gel with.
    Probably a nice guy, but this one little thing annoys me about him.

• Advertisement

Barry Keoghan-and he irritates the absolute hell out of me. Ya just know he's gonna mess up big time. Every time the Irish media hype up some guy or gal as 'the next big thing' they mess up.

He's attached to a pilot of Y the Last Man-I hope he doesn't get it. The comic book is a classic, and he's all wrong for the role.

Another one who is a bit obscure but annoys me is Ray Walsh. Think he's the editor for TV now. He generally hypes up shows that go downhill very quickly. I dunno, his choices of tv shows are poor, to say the least.
    There was another guy who used to write tv reviews for TV now, and he was really, really accurate in his critiques. Walsh I just don't gel with.
    Probably a nice guy, but this one little thing annoys me about him.

That's him - I was looking past him to see my mate to see if he wanted a scoop and he goes "do you want a selfie ?" FFS. Gave me great joy to go "of who ?"

That's him - I was looking past him to see my mate to see if he wanted a scoop and he goes "do you want a selfie ?" FFS. Gave me great joy to go "of who ?"

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

That's hilarious. I suppose it was nice of him to offer a selfie, in comparison to the other 'don't even look at me, you'll steal my soul' type of celeb.
    But that is a bit self important for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Scarlett Johanson...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Utter ****.
    Keegan a knob head. How many of the Scrotes from that show have ****ed themselves up and ended in court and then we have the posh Billy Barry graduates who think theyre cool playing dirtbirds

Edgware wrote: »
    Keegan a knob head. How many of the Scrotes from that show have ****ed themselves up and ended in court and then we have the posh Billy Barry graduates who think theyre cool playing dirtbirds

More than one or two of em are dead. One guy died as recently as a month or two ago. Others OD'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The little Justin Bieber cooking tit Skehan.

He has to have family in 'the biz'.

The little Justin Bieber cooking tit Skehan.

He pretty much tops the list, tbh. Has gotten a number of mentions throughout the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Louis Tomlinson

KevW24601 wrote: »
    Louis Tomlinson

Completely understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Baz Ashmawy

Advertisement