Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah right-Keith was and is still a s**tehawk.

His 'comedy' is terrible, he constantly cheated on his partners. Latched on to everyone with talent, because he had none, and often turned up on shows drunk off his @$$.
    You can find his 'comedy' on youtube-painful, just absolutely painful. The most unfunny thing Britains' produced since...the last unfunny thing Britain produced.

Everything from his 'music' to his standup is pain.

The son, Alfie? Often pulls the 'do you know who I am' at the door of pubs and clubs. When he was dating Ray Winstone's untalented daughter him and her were notorious for pulling that stuff.

The Allen's take after dad quite well tbh.
    Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

ricky gervais
    ricky gervais

(worth mentioning twice) few years ago it seems i awoke in a strange alternate universe, where humour no longer functioned correctly. I struggled to adapt but never made it through a whole film of his :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

ricky gervais
    ricky gervais

(worth mentioning twice) few years ago it seems i awoke in a strange alternate universe, where humour no longer functioned correctly. I struggled to adapt but never made it through a whole film of his :confused:

That was the weirdest period of film, wasn't it? He was getting starring roles in absolutely awful films, and he was the biggest issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

That was the weirdest period of film, wasn't it? He was getting starring roles in absolutely awful films, and he was the biggest issue with them.

Thank you, yes. I was not exactly wishing for his fall from grace but it did feel like the world was back spinning on its axis correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Yeah right-Keith was and is still a s**tehawk.

His 'comedy' is terrible, he constantly cheated on his partners. Latched on to everyone with talent, because he had none, and often turned up on shows drunk off his @$$.
    You can find his 'comedy' on youtube-painful, just absolutely painful. The most unfunny thing Britains' produced since...the last unfunny thing Britain produced.

Everything from his 'music' to his standup is pain.

The son, Alfie? Often pulls the 'do you know who I am' at the door of pubs and clubs. When he was dating Ray Winstone's untalented daughter him and her were notorious for pulling that stuff.

The Allen's take after dad quite well tbh.
    Eeeeee .....large boil lanced cleanly there ?

I remember A.A. Gill describing Keith Allen as neither use nor ornament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In fairness the same could have been said of gill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Justine McCarthy.

In fairness the same could have been said of gill.

A brilliant writer and not a bad looking man, hardly.

Keith Allen was the only person in the world who, when interviewing the Westboro Baptist Church, made them likable in comparison to him.
    He just sat there saying 'fool, fool, fool' over and over at them.

Enjoy your stint on Celebrity Masterchef, Keith.
    A brilliant writer and not a bad looking man, hardly.

And ripped away far too soon, but approached his death with real grace and dignity.
    I'd love to do the same, but I fear I'll cower before the end, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

I can't stand inexplicably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Michael F*&@^ing Stipes!

Why? Because "life is bigger than you and you are not me"

Now if that's not inexplicable I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Crap actor too. Remember his cringey pantomime level performance as the sheriff of Nottingham a few years back. (Tony Robinson was streets ahead in Maid Marian)
    I was watching Trainspotting recently and guess who pops up in it as a drug dealer. He must have had a bit part in every single brit film of the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Agreed!!!! As funny as getting an infected genital wart caught in a zip.

Ouch!! Have you done that too? :)

Crap actor too. Remember his cringey pantomime level performance as the sheriff of Nottingham a few years back. (Tony Robinson was streets ahead in Maid Marian)
    I was watching Trainspotting recently and guess who pops up in it as a drug dealer. He must have had a bit part in every single brit film of the 90's.

Oh God.... why'd you remind me of that Sheriff of Nottingham...I'd washed my brain of that. :( (The blandest Robin Hood in a long time, the actor was just a bland individual. Ditto Lucy Griffith's as Maid Marian-the casting was all wrong).

He popped up in Shallow Grave, 24 Hour party people, The Others, De-Lovely, Cody Banks 2, even Kingsman 2 (thankfully the crap one-the one I avoided like the plague). And he always brings the movie to a screeching halt (good ones only).

He's just this guy who tries to act tough, but would probably fall on his butt after the first punch, or run away after sucker punching you and call it a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Oh God.... why'd you remind me of that Sheriff of Nottingham...I'd washed my brain of that. :( (The blandest Robin Hood in a long time, the actor was just a bland individual. Ditto Lucy Griffith's as Maid Marian-the casting was all wrong).

He popped up in Shallow Grave, 24 Hour party people, The Others, De-Lovely, Cody Banks 2, even Kingsman 2 (thankfully the crap one-the one I avoided like the plague). And he always brings the movie to a screeching halt (good ones only).

He's just this guy who tries to act tough, but would probably fall on his butt after the first punch, or run away after sucker punching you and call it a win.
    I remember seeing Lemmy and keith talking about living in London squats in their younger days. Allen was trying to make out that Lemmy and he were great mates from the old days, but Lemmy was giving the distinct impression of 'I never liked this twat and I still don't, why did they invite him to do this with me' :D

Look what I found. He really is an unlikeable little man

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

Julia Roberts with her monkfish face.

I remember seeing Lemmy and keith talking about living in London squats in their younger days. Allen was trying to make out that Lemmy and he were great mates from the old days, but Lemmy was giving the distinct impression of 'I never liked this twat and I still don't, why did they invite him to do this with me' :D

Look what I found. He really is an unlikeable little man

Oh God, the Lemmy thing. :D:pac::pac::D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lemmy-always-gentleman-loved-fans-7088974

His friend Nik Moore had to brief Lemmy as to Keith and his 'friendship'-they'd only just met, but Keith insinuated they were 'best friends'. So Lemmy had to lie and adlib through an interview about knowing him and Keith.

You can even see it in a photo that Keith was trying to latch on to another individual with talent...and Lemmy was having sweet F.A to do with him.

46b5f55b7b6361e1d2272c52337457ea.jpg

You can find so many stories of this guy being a grade A @$$h0le.
    (Or being a total liar-Fat Les's Vindaloo song, for example. Keith Allen's Welsh, not English).

Proper Middle-Class 'pretender'-as in pretending to be anything but middle class.

Anth'ny from the Royle Family.

All of the rest of them, I could happily go for a cigarette or a pint with. I just want to punch Anthony repeatedly in the face. I don't know how Jim and Barbara ever put up with him.

I know this isn't supposed to be about fictional characters, but I bet I'd hate him in real life and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Holly Willoughby....too smug and sickly sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

js35 wrote: »

I've scars on my heart innit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mary Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The one who says “Someone you ‘kelick’ with “ in the “It’s for women” car insurance ad on Telly

js35 wrote: »

And unprofessional too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Keith Barry

smilerf wrote: »
    Keith Barry

Whatever happened to him-he seemingly disappeared. Used to be everywhere, you change the channel and he was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Having to sit through X Factor here. Robbie Williams. I can't even look at him.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Having to sit through X Factor here. Robbie Williams. I can't even look at him.

I used to like him...but yeah, him and the wife come across as extremely unlikable on that.
    But maybe that's the curse of x-factor? No matter who you like or dislike, once they do X-factor, you hate em.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Whatever happened to him-he seemingly disappeared. Used to be everywhere, you change the channel and he was on it.
    that's hilarious the hypnotist / Magician seemingly disappeared :D

Paul Williams. A self serving hack and bullsh!tter who gives investigative journalism a bad name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Paul Hollywood....

Advertisement