Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rent house-returning to Ireland from London

Options
  • 08-05-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

My wife and 2 small kids are looking to return to Ireland (dublin) from London. Has anyone got any tips and/or advice for a family who want to rent in Dublin? I. E what is the best day to look at houses? Do estate agents open on a Saturday? What is Castleknock, Malahide, Rathfarnham, Stepaside like to rent in? Our budget is 2000 euro pcm? Would it be a good idea to call a few agents- we are hoping to start renting from say mid/end June us it too early to start looking? IT'S tricky living in London while trying to look for a house in Dublin..

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fred_Johnson

Hi

My wife and 2 small kids are looking to return to Ireland (dublin) from London. Has anyone got any tips and/or advice for a family who want to rent in Dublin? I. E what is the best day to look at houses? Do estate agents open on a Saturday? What is Castleknock, Malahide, Rathfarnham, Stepaside like to rent in? Our budget is 2000 euro pcm? Would it be a good idea to call a few agents- we are hoping to start renting from say mid/end June us it too early to start looking? IT'S tricky living in London while trying to look for a house in Dublin..

Cheers
    M

I have a friend who rented a house in Stepaside recently for 2,200 so you might get something there at the top end of your budget. Would recommend it, luas and M50 are nearby, lots of amenities in the area. Castleknock is great too lived there 5 years ago but not sure what the rent is like now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

It's the worst possible time in Irish history to be finding somewhere to live in Dublin, sorry to put a downer on it but that's how it is. People ringing from England will be ignored, there are tonnes of people showing up at rental properties with references and deposits ready to go. There just aren't many places on the market. I saw your other posts about commuting from outside of Dublin, it might be your best bet if you've got a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Where are you going to be working? I think you may have to consider a short term let until you find somewhere more permanent because €2,000 for two adults and two kids is probably at the low-end and you appear to be looking to live in a better class of neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Just for interest googled Castleknock...near where I live...a few around 2000. But nearly all private rental. Email only and arrive with references. You've left it very late for June!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Castleknock now seems to encompass most of D15 most of Castleknock isn't Castleknock but tbh searching based on the old Dublin expression of if it isn't Rock or Knock I don't want to know is never a fantastic idea, but then if you're not familiar with the area and can't be on site to check I suppose what else can you do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

Hi

Cheers
    M
    If you are looking for a 2 bedroom i suggest you check out vantage central apartments in dub18. right on the green luas line. 2br typically costs 1900 euro. I believe its the best price/performance ratio in Dublin right now.

Advertisement