Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self monitor alarm with CCTV

Options
  • 08-05-2017 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking at getting a new alarm installed for a house with a new extension.

I need something that I can be notified over an app, as well as being able to remotely monitor cameras.

The total kit needs to cover 2 independent zones (keypad each). Main house and then granny flat.

Zone 1:
    3 x large windows (2 sensors?)
    1 x small window (1 sensor?)
    1 x door entry
    1 x motion detection

Zone 2:
    5 x large windows (10 sensors?)
    1 x small window (1 sensor?)
    3 x door entry (1 are for French doors)
    2 x motion detection
    3 x camera

It's a large system. I want to be able to have a "standard" alarm, as well as a system I can remotely monitor, and live view the cameras.

I don't know much between wired/wireless systems.

Any advice or recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the house wired for an alarm?

For wired I would recommend the Siemens/Vanderbilt SPC4320 , for Wireless the GSD i70 or i1070

Both of these systems have the option of free apps with notifications to smart phone & remote control via the app without subscription charges.
    There is a lot of good information on the differences between the apps etc in the sticky here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It was wired, but not anymore. I assume wireless would be the better way to go?

Roughly what would the above cost, including install?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Highly recommend the HKC system. Irelands most popular system. Unbeatable quality and wireless range.
    System can be split into 2 areas with ease. Wireless shock sensors and PIR motion detectors with built in image cameras. All circuit boards in sensors are encased in resin protecting them from moisture/insects/dust.
    Voice prompted and very user friendly keypad for anyone who may not have the best vision.
    -To arm away
    Enter code e.g. 1234.
    -To disarm.
    Enter code e.g. 1234.
    -To arm night.
    0#7 + code.
    -To disarm from night.
    Enter code e.g. 1234.

For CCTV I would look at Hikvision.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like an advert..
    Only 2 areas? Spc and GSD are capable of 4 or more.

I'd recommend a read over the sticky. It will give you a lot of good information and could save you a lot of money over the life of the system.

Advertisement