Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting freebies for a college society?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, so I was wondering about contacting businesses about getting free things for a society freshers stand next September. I was thinking about contacting warner brothers or some other similar place and asking if there was anything they could give/loan us to use at the stand to draw in new members. I say Warner Brothers because we often play their movies and talk about them at society events so we sort of give them free advertising I guess? Idk I'm new to being on a society committee and just thought it would be a cool thing to add our stand. Any ideas as to how I'd go about contacting companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lajoie

Hey OP,

Sounds like a great initiative on your part! My advice would be to first reach out to smaller companies - maybe some Irish animation/production companies if that's what your society is about. It really all depends on the society size and what you focus on, but generally I'd say the larger the company, the less likely they'll see your email and you might just feel disheartened. Also, the classic offers like Captain Americas etc. are always winners on the society cards so don't feel like you need to offer something totally new across the board.

Best of luck!

Advertisement