Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to work, where to live?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know, this has probably been asked many times before.

While looking forward to work in Maynooth, I have the option now to move and wonder about the sweetest spots/town/villages, in your humble opinion, in a 30 minute driving range (by car, of course).

We are a couple where we both will be working in Maynooth. We are looking to buy a house (around 220k, preferably less). We do not mind the countryside and that 30 min drive (even with two cars due to working in different places.

Suggestions and discussion are welcome.

This is particularly interesting as Maynooth is currently more of an expensive town. I am sure that there are many interesting towns that are equally inviting...

Thanks in advance,
    Ampleforth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Buy? Rent? Why not Maynooth itself? What do you like to do? Will you be on your own? Do you have a family? What sort of amenities are essential or important to you? What's your budget? Are you looking for a house or apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Maynooth itself requires about 300-350k to buy and I feel that this is probably one of the more pricey parts of Kildare. We do not mind moving in a place with a 30 min drive range to achieve what we want.

We are a couple where we both will be working in Maynooth. We are looking to buy a house (around 220k, preferably less), preferably detached/cottage, with a small piece of land (sounds idealistic? well, i am). We do not mind the countryside and that 30 min drive (even with two cars due to working in different places).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ampleforth wrote: »
    We do not mind the countryside and that 30 min drive (even with two cars due to working in different places).

tbh a 30 min drive from Maynooth brings a large area into play.

From Naas, Dunsaighlin, Trim, Enfield, Longwood etc etc.

the area between Maynooth and Trim would be fairly rural and have a lot of the kind of house you are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Are the jobs for life? What if you had to commute to city centre or elsewhere in near future?

Take a compass and draw on a map from approx Ratoath, batterstown to kinnegad to Sallins. Lots of little spaces in there.

Advertisement