Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22Lr Mod

Options
  • 09-05-2017 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi folks, as per title I'm looking for your opinions on what the best 22 rimfire suppressors are at the moment. I know there was a thread posted about this but that was a while back if I remember correctly. I'm looking at the A-tec and Parker hale mods. Anyone got a preference /suggestion?

Thanks,
    RS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BrianR2

i was useing a atech it was very light and was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

The PH1 is very effective but an utter pain in the ass to reassemble after cleaning - principle reason I put up with that is the narrow diameter, sits very nicely on the 1417.

If I were buying again, I'd seriously consider the SAK. Very nice piece of kit, very effective, and very well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

+1 for the Parker hale. I have about 1500 rounds through mine and still as good as the first day I used it. I strip and clean it after every 250 rounds and after the first time stripping, cleaning And reassembly it goes pretty smooth. I think I paid €60 for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I'm using the a-tec cmm4 rimfire mod and it's very good. It's shorter, slimmer and lighter than the Sak I had before it and works just as well.
    My mate has the a-tec wave mod which is the same size but it doesn't come apart for cleaning.
    22 mods can get very dirty so I like the option of being able to strip them down for cleaning.
    Dpt also do a lightweight mod similar to my a-tec.
    I have a couple of their centrefire mods and they are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Thanks for the replies, think I might go for the Parker hale so. Does anyone know who sells them anymore. I checked online and the only website that does, is an airsoft website,so not sure.

RS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I got mine in mourne shooting grounds. I think sportsden in Navan used to have them on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Who might stock the CMM4 or Dpt

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Who might stock the CMM4 or Dpt

Jackson rifles are the importers for a-tec mods so most dealers should be able to supply them.
    I got my dpt mods from a dealer in n ireland who ordered them from www.dpteuro.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

RS98 wrote: »
    Hi folks, as per title I'm looking for your opinions on what the best 22 rimfire suppressors are at the moment. I know there was a thread posted about this but that was a while back if I remember correctly. I'm looking at the A-tec and Parker hale mods. Anyone got a preference /suggestion?

Thanks,
    RS

I have three, Parker Hale, Sak and Nielsen, can't really tell which is quietest all seem good to me. PH is painful to clean with all them fiddly baffles. Sak is a bit chunky but easy to clean. Nielsen is the best engineered and easy to clean so that is the one that is used all the time.

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I got mine in mourne shooting grounds. I think sportsden in Navan used to have them on their website.

Thank you but I'm on the other end of the country unfortunately

• Advertisement

rsole1 wrote: »
    I have three, Parker Hale, Sak and Nielsen, can't really tell which is quietest all seem good to me. PH is painful to clean with all them fiddly baffles. Sak is a bit chunky but easy to clean. Nielsen is the best engineered and easy to clean so that is the one that is used all the time.

Just had a look at the Nielsen there, looks good but I don't think it'll fit cause it is over barrel and my gun has a chunky front sight which is a pain to remove.

But how far does the sak and the ph stick out from your muzzle? And can I ask where you gout your Parker Hale from?

Just had a look at the Nielsen there, looks good but I don't think it'll fit cause it is over barrel and my gun has a chunky front sight which is a pain to remove.

But how far does the sak and the ph stick out from your muzzle? And can I ask where you gout your Parker Hale from?

The Nielsen fits flush to the barrel as do PH and Sak.

Got the mods from Dave Mulvihill in Ballymahon, he mails them out as well as you collecting.

Nielsen.jpg

Nielsen 1.jpg

PH.jpg

Sak1.jpg

Could you pm me his number please and I'll give him a ring

Could you pm me his number please and I'll give him a ring

http://mulvihillfirearms.com/contact-us/

Advertisement