Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collections Mayo

Options
  • 09-05-2017 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Almost a year ago the got rid of the waste bags collections (was for us a good alternative) promising that wheelybins should be paid by collections or weight
    Had no problems with that but we are a year further and pay a 355 euro a year for just 6 bin collections , two times green and for times blue a year
    Do somebody knows when they do start with pay by weight or collection???
    I'm sick to pay for others who overloaded their bins and pay "nothing" and I pay way to much for almost nothing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Almost a year ago the got rid of the waste bags collections (was for us a good alternative) promising that wheelybins should be paid by collections or weight
    Had no problems with that but we are a year further and pay a 355 euro a year for just 6 bin collections , two times green and for times blue a year
    Do somebody knows when they do start with pay by weight or collection???
    I'm sick to pay for others who overloaded their bins and pay "nothing" and I pay way to much for almost nothing

Where in Mayo and who is your current bin company.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

The pay by weight system was to be introduced in January of this year but some waste companies began to hike up their fees. There's now a freeze on prices and the introduction of pay by weight is delayed so that the pricing issue could be sorted. It was supposed to be the middle of this year.
    That's not stopping you switching to another provider though. I'm sure there's one or two already on the pay by weight system. With the little amount of rubbish you have, it might be worth a drive to the Rathroeen landfill site a few times a year where you're only paying for what you dump/recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    I seem to recall that the Gov. said that the bin company is supposed to issue a letter, before the new weight charges, saying how much it would now cost with the new pricing based on your previous bin weights over the last x number of months.

We'll see I guess... Not much time left for them to do it, if they are....

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

irishgeo wrote: »
    Where in Mayo and who is your current bin company.

Mc Grath
    Live rural and is the only one who is doing our local place

What I want to tell is I have a friend who have a household of 4 and is on pay by weight and pay in a year half of what I have to pay in a year
    In my opinion I pay way to much

and driving to the landfill is no option we don't have a car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Mc Grath

What I want to tell is I have a friend who have a household of 4 and is on pay by weight and pay in a year half of what I have to pay in a year

and driving to the landfill is no option we don't have a car

You don't have a car and you live in the crountry??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

naughto wrote: »
    Mc Grath

What I want to tell is I have a friend who have a household of 4 and is on pay by weight and pay in a year  half of what I have to pay in a year

and driving to the landfill is no option  we don't have a car

More common than one would think.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

naughto wrote: »

No do everything with a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Just trying to think of other alternatives for you. Do you have a neighbour that might be in a similar situation. Maybe you could use their bins and share the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Can you drive?

Rent a car/van once a year for the day and do a dump run.

Advertisement