Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Kit for 70 Year Old

Options
  • 09-05-2017 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, not for me, but for my Dad, he's getting on a bit now and suffered a heart attack a few months ago. Tried to get him to give up the analogs but he can't kick the habit. Thinking of getting him on the e cigs and wanted some advice on the best kit for him.

I want to get him something that's easy to use without a lot of fiddling around so that he can stick with the e cigs and quit the analogs.

I vape myself, currently using an iStick TC40w with an Aspire Triton Mini. Can't help to think that he might have issues with the Aspire tank as you can easily have it in the wrong setting after filling up the liquid.

Also, in relation to liquids, I'd say a normal tobacco flavour will do him, but any suggestions on what strength to start him on? He's gone from being a 20 a day smoker pre heart attack to maybe 8 or 10 post heart attack. He's currently smoking Marlboro Red if that helps with a flavour selection?

I normally purchase my stuff from esmokeireland and e cirette too if that helps with liquid selection - If he sticks with the vaping, I can order both are stuff at the same time from the same shop instead of getting his from somewhere else if you get me.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hey guys, not for me, but for my Dad, he's getting on a bit now and suffered a heart attack a few months ago. Tried to get him to give up the analogs but he can't kick the habit. Thinking of getting him on the e cigs and wanted some advice on the best kit for him.

I want to get him something that's easy to use without a lot of fiddling around so that he can stick with the e cigs and quit the analogs.

I vape myself, currently using an iStick TC40w with an Aspire Triton Mini. Can't help to think that he might have issues with the Aspire tank as you can easily have it in the wrong setting after filling up the liquid.

Also, in relation to liquids, I'd say a normal tobacco flavour will do him, but any suggestions on what strength to start him on? He's gone from being a 20 a day smoker pre heart attack to maybe 8 or 10 post heart attack. He's currently smoking Marlboro Red if that helps with a flavour selection?

I normally purchase my stuff from esmokeireland and e cirette too if that helps with liquid selection - If he sticks with the vaping, I can order both are stuff at the same time from the same shop instead of getting his from somewhere else if you get me.

Thanks in advance!

An Aspire Nautilus would be a decent tank for him, I use it myself for mtl vaping.
    Battery wise, it's up to you really. You could get a simple iStick 30w which would give two days battery life. You can lock the power buttons so he won't accidentally set it too high. Thebestshop.eu have a nice Evic Vtc mini kit for 35 at the moment, you could give him the mod and you keep the tank as its sub ohm. Link in the bargain thread.
    I'd say a 12mg liquid should kill the cigarette crave if he's below 10 per day. Get a few different tobacco flavours because if he doesn't like what he's vaping then he'll more than likely end up back on the cigs.
    Best of luck to him giving up the cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I agree with the above.

If it was me I probably buy him two tanks and Maybe a 100W istick. That way if he has any issues with one tank he wont be left stuck. Then you can sort of out the other one for him.

With the 100W battery you'd get at least 4 days with nautilus Id say. Lots of coil options that are available in all shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Cheers guys,

I ended up getting him a K3 tank as it appears to be pretty straight forward to add liquids etc. I have a spare/unused Nautilus Mini which I'll leave in the house for him too along with an old battery. Got him an Aspire Zelos battery, looks pretty decent and quite portable. Also have a spare iStick 30w which I'll leave with him so he'll have a spare set up if he gets stuck.

Good call on the liquid favours, I've bought him one flavour for now but will go back and buy him a few different ones over the next few days if he doesn't enjoy this one.

Advertisement