Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent a student debit card

Options
  • 09-05-2017 8:55am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I received my scheduled replacement debit card in the post recently.  The card is marked as a student debit card.

I am no longer a student, actually I would have no problem being a student to get free banking, but some years ago your sent me a letter unilaterally informing me that you had decided I wasn't a student any longer.

Anyhow, my question is: is there any need to have this card changed for a non-student one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Your withdrawal limit at an ATM will be lower, think it's around 350 from my own experience.

Haven't noticed anything else myself dofferent, other than the lighter blue colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Red Alert wrote: »
    I received my scheduled replacement debit card in the post recently.  The card is marked as a student debit card.

I am no longer a student, actually I would have no problem being a student to get free banking, but some years ago your sent me a letter unilaterally informing me that you had decided I wasn't a student any longer.

Anyhow, my question is: is there any need to have this card changed for a non-student one?
    Good Afternoon Red Alert, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

As we don't have account access here it would be best to contact BOI Direct where a representative can review and explain why this has happened. You can contact them via the Service Desk on 365Online 'Ask a question' option. Alternatively, you can call 0818 365 365 / +353 14044000 where a representative will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement