Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bike You Have Commuted On?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 9:00am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw some one commuting into town on what looked like a Canyon Speedmax with 60mm wheels. Would love to see his fancy bike!

What is the best bike you have commuted on?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I call it a posh commute. When you've got a race on after work and have to cycle to work with the good bike and tubs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I call it a posh commute. When you've got a race on after work and have to cycle to work with the good bike and tubs.

Would you wear normal gear or civilian gear?

Commuting on tubs sounds risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I came into town on my Storck Absolutist once. It was terrifying, far worse than racing! I regularly see a guy commuting in from Bray or south of to D1/D2 on a DeRosa SuperKing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

godtabh wrote: »
    Would you wear normal gear or civilian gear?

Commuting on tubs sounds risky.

I'd always wear normal gear. Commuting on tubs is grand once you bring a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭V-man

Kalkhoff BS10 on Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres.
    24-7-365
    Can't think of a bike that suits me better for commuting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I usually commute on my 2010 Cube Aerial. As I'm on days this week, one or two days I might take the good bike - Rose Xeon Team. (Bike cost 3x the heap of junk I normally drive)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Weekdays i use my commuter - fondriest domino . When i work saturdays and the weather is good i use my good bike - ridley noah fast , which has tubs , im always nervous using the tubs but carry sealent which got me out of trouble before .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Depends on what you mean by best. The Italian Carbon Guerciotti with SRAM red components would probably be the answer, but the steel tourer with hand built wheels and Ultegra is every bit as good just at something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

07Lapierre wrote: »

Use em, on a frame not really designed for em, but work very well.

DublinBikeSponsor-5.jpg

Seriously, no "will it be there when I leave" anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Never had to resort to any of the Cervelos to commute. Have plenty of other options - only requirement is to use one with Di2 and powermeter. Currently that's the Ridley, but will shortly be sending that to its holiday home and I'll start using one of the Dolans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I regularly commute on my Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod as I like to get the training done from work rather than coming home and then going. I haven't brought out the winter bike in over a year now, just not comfortable on it

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bambaata wrote: »
    Hi-Mod
    Hi Bambaata:)

Advertisement