Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

health insurance over 34 if covered by partner previously

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. I'm new to boards.ie so my apologies if I do a mistake.

My partner has health insurance trough her company and is allowed to take on another person free of charge. I'm worried that if I go with her insurance I will lose my lifetime community rating and whenever I will be forced to get my own insurance again I will have to pay the 2% increase for each year over 34. Does someone know how this works or where I can get this information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

You wont be affected if you have proof of previous cover and have continuous cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 belcamarc

Thanks for that. Is there a specific document required? Something like the no claim bonus on cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Make sure the level of cover offered is what you want/need - in the future if you move there will be a wait period for any increase in cover.
    Also make sure you're kept up to date on any changes at renewal time!!!!

I got stung when my wife didn't let me know they renewed her policy and reduced it from an excess policy to a % of the treatment covered policy :(

Advertisement