Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit returned unpaid

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there, I had a direct debit returned unpaid yesterday, but there should have been funds to cover it as I lodged cash to the account before 5pm. I thought that once the funds were in the account before close of business on the day the direct debit was due then it would be paid? And I used to receive a text to let me know if there were insufficient funds to cover a direct debit. If you could let me know that would be great, as it was my understanding that once money was in the account by 5pm the direct debit would be covered, so if this isn't corret the I would need to know. thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon millivanilli, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

When a direct debit is due to present on an account and there are insufficient funds in the account, you should receive a text to confirm this. The direct debit will represent on the account throughout the day and funds would need to be lodged to the account by 4pm for final presentation. 

I hope this helps with your query and if we can assist with anything else, please let me know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement