Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair usage unlimited broadband

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I received a text advising me that I have gone over the fair usage policy
    But when I check my usage it appears I have not (I could be mistaken though)
    Could I pm some details and have this explained to me?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I  presume you been monitoring your data allowance by checking it on 'myeir'. Unfortunately keeping every month under the 1tb fair usage policy does not mean your under 1tb per month. The fair usage policy is monitored between your billing dates / billing cycle and not the 1st to end of each month. 

Check your billing cycle date. If your billing cycle date is 15th April then your monthly allowance runs from 15th April to 14th May. it is very difficult to work out the amount downloaded. The eastiest way to guess it, is to click on the 'View Usage Details' link on 'myeir', then when that page loads, click 'view historial usage' link.  On that page is a green graph and monthly usage reports. You can kinda work out what you used each day. So if you add up all days between the billing cycle, you could find out that you are over the limit, even tho the monthly report states that your under. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Lackey,

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you are checking Myeir for your usage, please be aware that this is a monthly usage and may vary from your billing cycle in which you are charged. You can find your billing cycle located on the top of the first page of your bill.

If you would like me to look into this for you, can you please PM me your full name and account number?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Pm sent thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Lackey, 

I will pass this feedback onto Anna for you,

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Advertisement