Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a shower pull cord?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭

We have an electric shower in the downstairs bathroom with a pull cord in the adjoining utility room. The cord is currently about 2 feet away from the partition wall and I need to move it closer to the wall to allow the installation of some wall cabinets.

I'm assuming it's just a matter of using a junction box to rejoin the cables where the current switch is, cutting a new hole closer to the wall and wiring in in a new switch using the existing cable?

The shower is a Mira Elite 2 but I can't seem to find a rating for this on-line. I'm assuming I need a junction box rated for the ampage of the cable? Can anyone advise on the junction box and switch I'd need?

Or am I being totally naieve on this and should I just call in a sparks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Pretty sure it's against the regs to use a junction box.

Again pretty sure you need a rec to move it.

Standard mira elite 2, st and qt are 9kw

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got in a sparks in the end. If anyone's interested, it cost €90 including having the ceiling patched afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sleepy wrote: »
    Got in a sparks in the end. If anyone's interested, it cost €90 including having the ceiling patched afterwards.

Sounds like a reasonable price to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Haven't seen the work yet but Mrs Sleepy is happy out with it and I'm not complaining about the price. :)

It's one of those jobs that sounded easy enough for me to do myself but better safe than sorry with the kind of power electric showers use!

Advertisement