Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking/running route

Options
  • 09-05-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Will be in Galway city for a few months, looking for a nice walk/running route i could do in the evenings, i will be staying in the Newcastle/Dangan area. anywhere close by? cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As luck will have it Dangan has a nice running track along the river, and also a sports field with even more tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Excellent, is it near the westwood hotel? I know where that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Go up the hill from westwood gate about 100m, entrance on your right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Here's a 5k route from the hotel down along the river, through the University grounds and along the canal to the Claddagh.
    There and back will give you a lovely 10k route, and pretty quite and car free most of the way.

If you want to make it shorter, just go as far as you want and back.
    One thing to note re running/walking there in the summer evenings, there will be insects, so a quick rub of repellent will keep them at bay.

Here's a 5k route from the hotel down along the river, through the University grounds and along the canal to the Claddagh.
    There and back will give you a lovely 10k route, and pretty quite and car free most of the way.

If you want to make it shorter, just go as far as you want and back.
    One thing to note re running/walking there in the summer evenings, there will be insects, so a quick rub of repellent will keep them at bay.

That's brilliant thanks

• Advertisement

The route along the river is excellent, thanks!

Advertisement