Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right of Way Query

• 09-05-2017 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Heres the situation:

My father sold a site on which houses were built back before the property bubble burst. The developer now has a buyer. The road that leads to the property runs on my land. The road is an access to the strand.

As he is selling he has requested I sign on right of way. He is claiming that the road has always been public access and has offered me a euro to sign!

I am just wondering am I entitled to a fee, I have consulted with a solicitor and he has said I cannot be forced to sign the ROW and I should negotiate a price

I

Anyone have any advice on how I should proceed, could I be brought to court and have to pay legal fees etc if I stand my ground and ask for a fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

wrote:
    I have consulted with a solicitor and he has said I cannot be forced to sign the ROW
    Your professional advisor has given you advice.

Now its a case of how much you want versus how much the developer is willing to pay.

You have seen their opening offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Nightshad3

We haven't negotiated yet, he has been given an offer from the solicitor through a letter, should I leave the negotiations go through my representative, if he rings me I'd rather tell him to leave the solicitor deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Nightshad3 wrote: »
    We haven't negotiated yet, he has been given an offer from the solicitor through a letter, should I leave the negotiations go through my representative, if he rings me I'd rather tell him to leave the solicitor deal with it

Leave it all to your solicitor.

They will be experienced in this issue and will try and get you the best deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Why would the developer want you to sign the ROW when it's a public road??

Also, the establishment of the ROW is required at planning stage. You should have a look at the planning permission for the two houses first.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Nightshad3

Its technically not a public road, its on my property but it has always been a public access to the beach there

Would the ROW have been required as far back 2006?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'd say so yes. Best to study the PP's. The access to the beach may most likely have a registered ROW on it, this should be on your land registry folio.

Advertisement