Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones European Tour 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

finbarrk wrote: »
    They released a movie about it last year. The trailer is here.
    http://www.rollingstones.com/film/havana-moon/
    Actually, I'm not sure was that the free concert now.

As far as I know, it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 38,235 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

finbarrk wrote: »

really hope it's happens this time and not be false alarms like 2014/2017.

Aviva is the most likely (Maybe 2x dates) but the RDS, Phoenix Park, Punchestown and Slane are options (although they always have Slane planned before Xmas each year). unless they promoters talk the GAA into having a 4th Croke Park concert ??

love If they played PUC in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »

Aviva is the most likely (Maybe 2x dates) but the RDS, Phoenix Park, Punchestown and Slane are options (although they always have Slane planned before Xmas each year). unless they promoters talk the GAA into having a 4th Croke Park concert ??

Stones in Cork? Nah, soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Would be a massive coup. Pros: Imagine most regular gig-goers from outside Dublin would enjoy the novelty factor. Con: Bitch of a journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Do you think the people of Cork would pay the astronomical prices the Stones charge ? Not a hope

Aviva is the most likely venue ,they will want a venue with alot of seats so that they can implement their dynamic ticket pricing .

just hope they play here

Aviva or RDS i reckon, prefer the Aviva

not looking forward to the ticket price, €200 for a good seat i reckon. It will sell out though

It was a money row that prevented them taking the 3rd Croke Park last summer as was reported. I imagine a similar thing not happening this time round

Sat 30th June Aviva Stadium is sticking out for me (only me speculating no offical word on this date or venue)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Sat 30th June Aviva Stadium is sticking out for me (only me speculating no offical word on this date or venue)[/QUOTE]

Why would you think that particular date?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

just hope they play here

Aviva or RDS i reckon, prefer the Aviva

not looking forward to the ticket price, €200 for a good seat i reckon. It will sell out though

It was a money row that prevented them taking the 3rd Croke Park last summer as was reported. I imagine a similar thing not happening this time round

Sat 30th June Aviva Stadium is sticking out for me (only me speculating no offical word on this date or venue)

wacotaco wrote: »
    [/B]

Billy Joel is playing there on the 23rd June and they might want to have 2 concerts there the following weekend too

• Advertisement

according to the guys on IORR.org who are apperently in the know have stated this (one user who has connections with the bands management)

'Nothing is signed as for 2018 shows, so there is nothing to report on really.

There are promoters with wish lists and offers, and several venues are looked into, but until they sign a contract, there is not much you can tell right now.

It is like a deck of 52 cards, where there will be five cards on your hand. For the Stones this year there are may be 50-100 choices to select from and they will choose 5% to 10% based on business and pleasure 50/50 or may be 85/15...

The only thing I can tell you, is keep the summer open. They will tour the British Isles and may be some mainland Europe shows too. And if they get the new album ready, that will be a bonus.

Bjornulf'

another one i found was a guy Chuck Leavell who works with the band posted this on his personal website
    http://www.chuckleavell.com/2018/01/rock-n-roll-legends-the-rolling-stones-set-for-irish-date-next-summer/?platform=hootsuite

going by this if Irish promoters offer the stones enough money and dont mess up like in 2017 than we may see a show here this summer. Aviva Stadium probly

Advertisement