Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

ShazGV wrote: »
    Debbie is a beautiful dancer, that was lovely.

Really was... very graceful

I tell you... I wouldn't kick that Eastenders lad outta bed for eating crisps! Yikes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

These two love themselves

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    These two love themselves

Bruno is right , it lacked elegance

I like the new judge, thought I'd miss Len more

• Advertisement

Wow !! Alexandra wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Jesus that was a quick dance! Fair play to Alexandra for keeping up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There is some seriously good contestants in the compeition this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Davood. There was no need to rip her skirt off or that jump. Didnt like that dance
    Debbie was lovely so elegant
    Didnt really watch Alexandra as I was looking at gorka, but I assume it was good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Simon's waltz was lovely. Unfortunately he messed it up at the end but I blame the pro dancer for that. The waltz doesn't need all that salsa arms and floor spins.

I've been disappointed with the choreography so far tonight.

• Advertisement

I did wonder how Johnny would manage the kicks and flicks of a jive but that was great. Fair play to him, I really enjoyed that.

I think Debbie was over marked. She was only in hold for 30 secs. The beauty of the VW is the couple is constant motion twirling around the floor.

Debbie seems to be the judges favourite so she will probably be there unto the end.

Also what's with all the standing ovations from the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just finished watching it through.

Some random thoughts.

Alexandra - wowzers! Need to watch it again, but certainly on first impression that was impressive.

I also thought there were a lot of floor spins in dances where I wouldn't expect them - a lot of pros going for the glamour element, when they'd be better served just doing the bloody dance they were given.

Like Davood's quickstep - they spent more time faffing around the desk and at the end running up and down the floor than actually doing quickstep steps (channelling my inner Len there).

We had a comedy dance Viennese waltz last week, and a comedy foxtrot this week from Chizzy .... please let that be the end of them.

No mention of Aston dropping poor Janette in rehearsals at all - she's a brave girl going through that on live TV after!!!

The charlestons tonight..... just... oh dear.....

Charlotte, oh dear oh dear :eek: I wonder will she ever be able to relax enough to dance properly? I thought she looked very wooden last week, and she collapsed altogether this week. She's gorgeous, but I dunno.....

Not sure I get all the love for Gemma - she's also gorgeous, but very stilted so far IMO.

What was with Shirley (whom I'm loving more with every show!) blubbing at Simon's waltz? In fact the pair of 'em were in a heap. Is there some history with Liverpool/that song that I'm not aware of?

Giovanni and Debbie just give me the slight creeps for some reason. She looked much more like a ballet dancer than a ballroom dancer tonight - it was gorgeous, but just somehow not right. Dunno what it is about him/them, but just no.

Surely has to be the Rev or Brian to go tomorrow night? Brian preferably, as despite being an APPALLING dancer (like, off-the-scale appalling), I just love Richard Coles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I usually love Strictly and watch all of it but I found having to sit through 15 contestants extremely tedious. Switched over half way through! 10 would be enough.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just finished watching it through.

Some random thoughts.

Alexandra - wowzers! Need to watch it again, but certainly on first impression that was impressive.

I also thought there were a lot of floor spins in dances where I wouldn't expect them - a lot of pros going for the glamour element, when they'd be better served just doing the bloody dance they were given.

Like Davood's quickstep - they spent more time faffing around the desk and at the end running up and down the floor than actually doing quickstep steps (channelling my inner Len there).

We had a comedy dance Viennese waltz last week, and a comedy foxtrot this week from Chizzy .... please let that be the end of them.

No mention of Aston dropping poor Janette in rehearsals at all - she's a brave girl going through that on live TV after!!!

The charlestons tonight..... just... oh dear.....

Charlotte, oh dear oh dear :eek: I wonder will she ever be able to relax enough to dance properly? I thought she looked very wooden last week, and she collapsed altogether this week. She's gorgeous, but I dunno.....

Not sure I get all the love for Gemma - she's also gorgeous, but very stilted so far IMO.

What was with Shirley (whom I'm loving more with every show!) blubbing at Simon's waltz? In fact the pair of 'em were in a heap. Is there some history with Liverpool/that song that I'm not aware of?

Giovanni and Debbie just give me the slight creeps for some reason. She looked much more like a ballet dancer than a ballroom dancer tonight - it was gorgeous, but just somehow not right. Dunno what it is about him/them, but just no.

Surely has to be the Rev or Brian to go tomorrow night? Brian preferably, as despite being an APPALLING dancer (like, off-the-scale appalling), I just love Richard Coles![/

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/strictly-come-dancing-hillsborough-survivor-simon-rimmer-to-waltz-to-youll-never-walk-alone-36183436.html

Is that a spoiler for tomorrow night's results show? Cos if it is, I don't want to know before I watch!

I'm a Simon Rimmer fan anyhow and am rooting for him all the way so I'm very biased....but that was very emotional! Such a shame about the end. He brought a tear to me eye :o

Emotional my ar*e. Shame on them - and him for using a tragedy like this. How about technique? Alexandra, Davood and An Other for final.

Just watched Alexandra's dance again.... holy God, that was some opening sequence to it :eek:

I usually love Strictly and watch all of it but I found having to sit through 15 contestants extremely tedious. Switched over half way through! 10 would be enough.

I recorded it and fast forwarded the non dancing bits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I also presume Shirley is from Liverpool originally, there's hints in her accent.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that a spoiler for tomorrow night's results show? Cos if it is, I don't want to know before I watch!

No . It's explaining why Simon was emotional .

Ps . There is no way I would post a spoiler !

Emotional my ar*e. Shame on them - and him for using a tragedy like this. How about technique? Alexandra, Davood and An Other for final.

Do you know that Simon was in Hillsbrough and lost a friend there ?

Do you know that Simon was in Hillsbrough and lost a friend there ?

I do..hence my disgust.

Emotional my ar*e. Shame on them - and him for using a tragedy like this.

I really, really don't think he was trying to use the Hillsborough disaster as a way of trying to get more points/votes

I do..hence my disgust.

Really ? Gosh .

I really, really don't think he was trying to use the Hillsborough disaster as a way of trying to get more points/votes

I’m not disgusted at him. I’m disgusted at the producers who used such a tragedy shamelessly. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

On catch up. Completely distracted by Alexandra’s partner.

I’m not disgusted at him. I’m disgusted at the producers who used such a tragedy shamelessly. Just my opinion.

Disgusted at the producers... Fair enough.

But you did say 'shame on them - and him'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Eh...I wasn't expressing your opinion on it. I was expressing mine. He wasn't using a tragedy. I didn't think the celebs picked the songs? YNWA has been used before on strictly, I'm sure. It had more meaning because he was from Liverpool, is a Liverpool fc fan and I think he's said before that he was at Hillsborough on the day.

I'm sure if he had the same exposure to stage and screen as the others his technique would be better. But he danced it well up until the mistake. Craig even said he had plenty of heel leads, although he missed some too.

If you weren't touched by the performance, that's grand. But reel your neck in when commenting on other opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Why shouldn't he dance to the song? It meant a lot to the dancer? I thought it was a beautiful song for him to dance to. Alexandra Burke danced to a song her mother loved Last week. Would you say shame on her for using the song? And you did say shame on him.

Advertisement