Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm taking it Simon's might be worth FF'ing through??

Not a word about it here!

ETA - oh dear.... Dad dancing of the most embarrassing kind :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Aw god love her, that obviously meant a lot to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Craig should have given her a 10

Well deserved score

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm taking it Simon's might be worth FF'ing through??

Not a word about it here!

It's entertaining ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Alexandra mum only died 6 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Alexandra's "jive" was very good but there wasn't a lot of jive content in it. It was more like a Cha cha cha with some jive in it.

Charlotte's jive had lots more kicks and flicks in it. I find the judging very inconsistent this year. They pick some up on dance content but overlook it in others who give a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Is it just me or is the camera work really weird tonight? It was almost like the dancers were going to crash into the cameras at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I thought Alexandra was super but don't think it was a 40. For me, Jay and Ore have had the best Strictly jive - I know Jill is lauded for her fabulous one, but I prefer the two boys jive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Time to make the tea....

honeybear wrote: »
    I thought Alexandra was super but don't think it was a 40. For me, Jay and Ore have had the best Strictly jive - I know Jill is lauded for her fabulous one, but I prefer the two boys jive

100% agreed. I actually just rewatched Jay's this evening, it's my all time favourite dance on Strictly, and I decided to watch the version that shows the scores. It was week three, and that was Darcy's justification for giving him a 9. Now that was a jive that deserved three 10s. :D

• Advertisement

Wow, loved Gemma's paso!

For a girl that came across as a tomboy gym bunny type at the start, she's turning into some dancer!

Can't say the same about the singer of that song, though - it's a song I love, that was an awful rendition of it.

Enjoyed that from Susan, her best dance so far.

Anyone else notice that when the judges are super-impressed (esp Craig) they cease to be specific about the dances, just come out with some variation of "OMG you were AMAZING"?

I'd quite like to hear exactly why they were amazing!

Also love (even if I don't even remotely understand most of the time) Shirley getting into nitty-gritty specifics about the moves they've made and how good they were. I presume the celebs know what she's on about!

Alexandra's jive was brilliant, no denying that - but I missed a side-by-side kicking/flicking section (they did do one, but at opposite sides of the floor so the camera could only cover one of them) - that really shows if they've got the action and the timing down to the nth degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Loved tonight . Gemma for me has improved so much and I am rooting for her and Mollie

Oooh, loved Johnny's dance!

Mostly because of Oti, though - I've said it before but I'll say it again, she's the most incredible dancer (need a "WOW" emoticon here)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oooh, loved Johnny's dance!

Mostly because of Oti, though - I've said it before but I'll say it again, she's the most incredible dancer (need a "WOW" emoticon here)

She is a fantastic choreographer too. I really look forward to her dances.

Awww, I LOVED Susan's quickstep!

Not the most technically correct, I'm sure - but you could just feel the love for it wellying out of the telly!

Haha!!!

Susan's reaction to the scores :D:D:D

It's obvious to me that the judges have their favourites and it doesn't matter what they do.

Watching the playback snippets at the end, Debbie's dance seems a world away from the last few in the show..... wouldn't be surprised to see her in the danceoff tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I cried with Alexandra tonight .,It hit her like a ton of bricks that her Mum wasnt there .I remember one day about three months after my Dad died I was buying Chef brown sauce in Superquin and burst into tears there and then .It was heartfelt and genuine and well done Claudia for giving her a hug

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Alexandra was amazing and she deserved every mark. My heart went out to her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I really enjoyed Susan and Kevin's dance, great ending to a very slow show. I also was pleased with Gemma's progress. She's one to watch :) Ruth and Anton also did a very good dance.

I love watching improvement in dancers. The likes of Alexandra and Aston don’t do it for me. Susan, Ruth and Brian are a joy to watch, much to my surprise!! Joe was a bit disappointing tonight.

I reckon Simon and Charlotte for danceoff.

Judging on last nights performance I think Simon might scrape through , maybe Brian for the dance off with Charlotte and Brendan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Christ Rimmer is awful.

Davood and Charlotte ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

What is it with Tess and outfits with funky sleeves/shoulders? I just want to take a scissors to her dress!!:pac:

Shock! Hope Davood is still wearing his acupressure bracelets.

Oooh, I look forward to seeing Gemma doing a foxtrot, I'd say that'll be amazing!

I'm so over Debbie at this stage, she's just annoying now.

I'd say it's bye bye Charlotte tonight unfortunately. I think Davood would have to actually fall over to get voted off over her.

• Advertisement

Charlotte is like a rag doll who cannot stay upright in a straight line

Advertisement