Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Autosport wrote: »
    Hold on here Gorka with a bare chest only gets a 7 :eek:

Ah here I need to be a judge :D

He really is a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Gorka , just wow ! No idea about Alexandra

Lol - exactly how I feel about Jonny and Oti! Can't take my eyes off her!

Wonder why he wears the blade sometimes and a prosthesis others?

Also, has Alexandra done dance training before? Maybe she really is just that naturally talented, but she has me twitching slightly every time I watch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lol - exactly how I feel about Jonny and Oti! Can't take my eyes off her!

Wonder why he wears the blade sometimes and a prosthesis others?

Also, has Alexandra done dance training before? Maybe she really is just that naturally talented, but she has me twitching slightly every time I watch her.

I watch my recording again tomorrow and just watch the pros .Oti and Gorka are just incredible .
    I think Jonnie said if he needed bounce he wears the blade .It gives him a spring in his step ( LOL at Shirley )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Jesus I love the Charleston but Simon made a right dogs dinner of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'll be content as long as either Brian, Ruth, Susan or Simon gets knocked out.

• Advertisement

I'll be content as long as either Brian, Ruth, Susan or Simon gets knocked out.

I’m actually warming to the four of them! Would love to see Aston and Alexandra in the dance-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Missed the show but caught up on YouTube. I liked Brian and Susan's dances. Aston's dance wasn't a waltz for me. Mollies was nice. Alexandra can be mistaken for a pro dancer so I'm not saying anything. Gemma was just ok, not as good as last week. Anton really went to town on that one. Did Joe really get a ten ? Who from? Simons time is up and I think he'll be up against Davood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Simon was dire... again.
    The judges really mucked up with the marking. Far too many ties on the leaderboard and that can lead to shock inclusions in the dance-off.
    I also reckon Simon and Davood will be in the dance-off this week.
    Anton - there's really nothing that can be said, is there? :D

Words couldn't describe how I felt about Anton tonight. Flashbacks of the trousers he wore in Blackpool when partnered with Ann Widecombe spring to mind. Now he has them in two shades:)

_50150386_ann_anton_samba_leap_766.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Missed tonight's show & not overly fussed about watching the whole thing - is there anyone that stood out tonight that would be worth watching back?

• Advertisement

ShazGV wrote: »
    Missed tonight's show & not overly fussed about watching the whole thing - is there anyone that stood out tonight that would be worth watching back?

Not IMHO. Not one of the better shows.

Not really. I for one couldn't be bothered rewarching Alexandra or Aston's dances ( a waltz that wasn't a waltz). Maybe have a peek at Joe ( see if he deserved a 10) and Mollie's which was quite nice. Debbie's dance looked very similar to other weeks. And Ruth's is good for the comic value. Glad I didn't stay in this evening otherwise.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    ShazGV wrote: »

Not IMHO. Not one of the better shows.

I know what you mean. Hope there's a good pro dance to make up it tomorrow night.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Words couldn't describe how I felt about Anton tonight. Flashbacks of the trousers he wore in Blackpool when partnered with Ann Widecombe spring to mind. Now he has them in two shades:)

As he said himself it was just as well he didnt put them on back to front

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

While there are some good dancers this year, I'm just not warming to any of them. So far I'm not enjoying this year as much as previous years. The scoring was all over the place last IMO, no way was Joe's paso worth a ten, you wouldn't think he's an actor going off that performance, he didn't act the part with any sort of ferocity. Mollies dance was good, but her foot work was off in parts which they didn't pull her on. Alexandra was very good, but Danny's samba from last year is where the bar is at and it was nowhere near as good. Still think she should have scored higher though. I didn't care for Debbie's rhumba at all, while technically she is a good dancer and her ballet training showed through, it lacked passion and intensity. It looked like Giovanni was dancing with his mum!

Thank god for Anton! It added some comedy to an otherwise dull enough night. I love Anton, I love how camp he is with the judges. Hope Ruth stays in another couple of weeks just to see Anton. I'd prefer to see Brian and Simon go first, they really add nothing to the show.

Joe's Paso was superb. His body angles were amazing. In terms of choreography, it was by far one of the best Paso dances by a male celebrity on Strictly.... ever!
    It was incredibly subtle and some great footwork. A Paso doesn't necessarily have to rely on shouting, posing and stamping. His was more of a classic style Paso.
    I'm unsure if it should have got a 10 but it definitely deserved a high score.
    Alexandra certainly didn't deserve a 39 last week anyway. Her footwork in the Jive was quite messy. In fact, that's her biggest fault - sloppy footwork and Craig mentioned it again last night.

My wife and I were watching some old pro dances last night.
    Pity they don't do ones like this anymore. Compare this to the self-indulgent mincing and posing last Sunday:

https://youtu.be/_n59-r5haCg

Just dancing... no props, nothing.

ncmc wrote: »

Thank god for Anton! It added some comedy to an otherwise dull enough night. I love Anton, I love how camp he is with the judges. Hope Ruth stays in another couple of weeks just to see Anton. I'd prefer to see Brian and Simon go first, they really add nothing to the show.

It was just brilliant! Definitely will get a lot of public votes for that effort last night.
    To be fair to him, there was still a lot of content in the dance. Ruth may not be a great dancer but he still squeezed a lot into the routine which is more than can be said for some of the pros...

We need Anton this year as there's no comic foil, no Ed, no Jeremy to add the entertainment value. The bad dancers this year are just... bad! They're not funny or entertaining in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

While there are some good dancers this year, I'm just not warming to any of them. So far I'm not enjoying this year as much as previous years. The scoring was all over the place last IMO, no way was Joe's paso worth a ten, you wouldn't think he's an actor going off that performance, he didn't act the part with any sort of ferocity. Mollies dance was good, but her foot work was off in parts which they didn't pull her on. Alexandra was very good, but Danny's samba from last year is where the bar is at and it was nowhere near as good. Still think she should have scored higher though. I didn't care for Debbie's rhumba at all, while technically she is a good dancer and her ballet training showed through, it lacked passion and intensity. It looked like Giovanni was dancing with his mum!

Danny's Samba last year was unbelievable. No one this year matches him!

honeybear wrote: »
    Danny's Samba last year was unbelievable. No one this year matches him!

My favourite strictly dance ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

We need Anton this year as there's no comic foil, no Ed, no Jeremy to add the entertainment value. The bad dancers this year are just... bad! They're not funny or entertaining in any way.

I agree. I like Ruth as she is trying and comes across very well. I'm surprised that I like them. I'm rooting for Gemma and get the impression that Alijaz and her are getting on really well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Heroditas wrote: »
    My wife and I were watching some old pro dances last night.
    Pity they don't do ones like this anymore. Compare this to the self-indulgent mincing and posing last Sunday:

https://youtu.be/_n59-r5haCg

Just dancing... no props, nothing.

Thanks for sharing that link.
    That was some serious routine! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think Brian would beg to differ.

Thanks for sharing that link.
    That was some serious routine! :cool:

I doubt if a lot of the current pros would be able to dance that routine.
    There's been a serious step down in the standard of the pros over the years. :(

Wow, I normally fast forward through those pro routines, but watching live tonight and it was fantastic!

(Note to self, must watch that one posted above that you're all raving about)

Tess looks completely different with the mussed hair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I think Brian would beg to differ.

Brian creeps me out!

Lol at Davood kids voting for Jonnie ! Cute !

Is that Bressie ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

That pro dancer is hot!!!

• Advertisement

snowflaker wrote: »
    That pro dancer is hot!!!

Oti . She is stunning

Advertisement