Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Abit harsh on Davood. He didn’t choreograph the dance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Nice one Susan. Her footwork is always so delicate.

Take that Shirley !

For feck sake Craig , you don't compare people in inanimate machines. Not on.

Finally a proper dance . Go Debbie!

Wow Debbie what a dance

• Advertisement

I feel a few 10’s now

I was right :D

Feck that’s a 40 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

That was amazing from Aston!!!!! Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Debbie and Aston clear front runners at the mo

• Advertisement

Shirley clearly likes Debbie

• Administrators Posts: 13,984 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

leahyl wrote: »
    Alexandra is a very good dancer but I don’t really look forward to watching her for some reason

She just has no charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Susan looks more like Vanessa Feltz than Daenerys !!

Anyway, bar one or two, the standard of dancing last night was very mediocre. Debbie and Alexandra were very good but that's about it.
    Quite a forgetful night.
    Simon needs to be put out of his misery. He was appalling. Karen couldn't even do some of the basic steps. It's baffling that she's even a "pro" on the series.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Anyway, bar one or two, the standard of dancing last night was very mediocre. Debbie and Alexandra were very good but that's about it.
    Quite a forgetful night.
    Simon needs to be put out of his misery. He was appalling. Karen couldn't even do some of the basic steps. It's baffling that she's even a "pro" on the series.

I KNOW it’s a DANCE show, but I enjoyed their performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I was disappointed with last nights dances. Miss Danny, Ore and Claudia (& Ed!!!) from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Baybay

My husband doesn't watch Strictly but he might as well because I usually tell him the highs & lows each weekend. Last night he asked me if the show had lost it's sparkle a little this year as I'm not talking about it as much. And I'm beginning to think he has a point. Not sure what's different other than Bruce's death but he hasn't really been involved for a while. Len isn't really that missed either.

honeybear wrote: »
    I was disappointed with last nights dances. Miss Danny, Ore and Claudia (& Ed!!!) from last year.

Was just saying the same. We need Ed Balls back for entertainment too! I never warmed to Danny but he was a phenomenal dancer, something we looked forward to see every week.

What are people’s opinions of Shirley? I was on the fence until her antics with Giovanni on ITT. Seems like a rather unpleasant person really.

Craig seems to have softened a bit.

I'm not warning to her. I thought that behaviour on ITT was inappropriate. It's a jive and it's a family show.
    I found it very odd to see Kevin Clifton get annoyed with her last night, usually quite a reserved fellow. Maybe something going on there that we're not aware off, and Bruno's absence related?

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I'm not warning to her. I thought that behaviour on ITT was inappropriate. It's a jive and it's a family show.
    I found it very odd to see Kevin Clifton get annoyed with her last night, usually quite a reserved fellow. Maybe something going on there that we're not aware off, and Bruno's absence related?

Somethings causing the show to lose its glitter. There are some very good dancers this year, with most of the bad ones showing some improvement. I thought that a lot of the celebs were showing signs of fatigue last night. I also find it hard to remember the names of many of the new dancers, especially the female ones.

She's been incredibly biased with some of the contestants.
    I know that Charlotte wasn't good but some of the comments made by Shirley were bordering on personal and were very cutting.
    On the flipside, she rarely criticises Simon and overmarks him.
    She's incredibly knowledgeable but seems to bee faltering after such a strong start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Shirley is taking away from the enjoyment of the whole show for me. The way she does that uncomfortable pause before gravely informing a non-dancer that they didn't deliver a flawless dance performance, before subjecting them to a quickfire technical rundown of all they did wrong (as if they can be expected to understand even half of it), and the way she singles out certain professionals and certain celebs for praise, really grates on me.
    She rarely gets the tone right IMO - she's either expressing her disappointment as though the dancers should feel gulty for their shortcomings, or giddily declaring that the principles of dance don't even matter because that routine was So! Much! Fun!
    She's so sporadically harsh that Craig has had to be more balanced and cut down on his usual 'I'm a terrible stickler for technique' shtick.
    The icing on the cake for me is when she begins to interrupt Bruno to disagree with the point he's making during his appraisal - shut up woman, you had your chance!
    She has great technical knowledge and is/was a great dancer but she's a bit of a pain in the bum!

Darcy doesn't say much anymore does she? Not looking forward to steps tonight, let's hope there's a good group performance.

Do you know what I think they should do? Not come back on for two weeks and let the celebrities come back with quality dances.

Lose the props and make them dance in hold for the full 90s. Some of them completely take the p1ss and barely dance in hold for 30s, bookended by 30s at either end of the dance with some mincing, prancing or mucking around with the props.

I forgot to mention that I don't like the ad for Strictly, it's Alexandra going da da da da da dah isn't it? Very annoying

Dig at Claudia , great :(

I think we all know who is going. At last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think we all know who is going. At last.

At last !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Mollie’s routine was so boring

Advertisement