Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

snowflaker wrote: »
    Mollie’s routine was so boring

Yes but it was still better than Simon's lumbering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I had a feeling that Simon was gone as I saw on Twitter earlier he seemed on Sunday brunch as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

There was something very uncomfortable about Mollie's performance last night. I know she had to rehearse with another professional but it was awkward. Can see why the public didn't vote for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    There was something very uncomfortable about Mollie's performance last night. I know she had to rehearse with another professional but it was awkward. Can see why the public didn't vote for her.

I think Mollie's costume was part of the problem. The ChaChaCha is about straight legs and leg placement and it was difficult to see that with the Jumpsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That was a particularly forgettable week.
    The pro dance tonight ... what the actual hell was that all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

There's definitely something 'off' this year compared to last. There's only a couple of weaker dancers left now, Susan and Ruth. All the rest are capable of good scores. I did like Shirley initially as she is clearly super knowledgeable but her carry on on ITT was deplorable. If it was a man who did that!!! She also has serious pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I only watched the main show this evening, and had a big long post written but it's disappeared into the ether:mad: (possibly no harm!)

But at the end of it was a question - what on earth did Shirley do/say on ITT that has ye all up in arms?? :confused: I have to say I think she's great - although I can see the points that some on here have made about her. I think she's more balanced and fair than Len (and I never thought I'd say that!).

I did think she was a bit mean to poor Claudia this evening (I'm a big fan of Claudia's though, so maybe I'm a bit biased!)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Sorry to be linking to the Daily Mail but this is what happened..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5026471/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Shirley-Ballas-slaps-Giovanni-s-bum.html

Bit of a cougar is Shirley. Do you not think she has shows clear favouritism??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I only watched the main show this evening, and had a big long post written but it's disappeared into the ether:mad: (possibly no harm!)

But at the end of it was a question - what on earth did Shirley do/say on ITT that has ye all up in arms?? :confused: I have to say I think she's great - although I can see the points that some on here have made about her. I think she's more balanced and fair than Len (and I never thought I'd say that!).

I did think she was a bit mean to poor Claudia this evening (I'm a big fan of Claudia's though, so maybe I'm a bit biased!)

I liked Shirley and stood up for her but I thought she was smart aleky to Claudia and actually quite hurtful . I love Claudia and felt Shirley was catty and not funny

Cateym wrote: »
    Sorry to be linking to the Daily Mail but this is what happened..
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5026471/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Shirley-Ballas-slaps-Giovanni-s-bum.html

Bit of a cougar is Shirley. Do you not think she has shows clear favouritism??

That wasn’t the behavior of a “cougar “. She should be done for sexual assault. Totally wrong.

And she was beyond nasty to Claudia tonight.

I sincerely hope that her days are numbered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

That wasn’t the behavior of a “cougar “. She should be done for sexual assault. Totally wrong.

And she was beyond nasty to Claudia tonight.

I sincerely hope that her days are numbered.

I agree if that was a male doing what Shirley did there would be uproar wouldn't be he's a whatever the male version of cougar is.

I missed tonight's show what did she do to Claudia ?

She needs to go, that was uncalled for with Claudia tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

kopite386 wrote: »
    I agree if that was a male doing what Shirley did there would be uproar wouldn't be he's a whatever the male version of cougar is.

I missed tonight's show what did she do to Claudia ?

She said she has crap posture

She belittled her posture live on TV. Claudia is a presenter not a dancer. Claudia being the professional she tried to turn it in to a joke and made her posture even worse.

• Administrators Posts: 13,984 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't think it was that bad, she was demonstrating how if your core isn't firm that it throws everything off. She said to Claudia that she slouches. Which Claudia said almost in unison with her. She then demonstrated on Claudia how to tighten the core, and in turn bring everything else into line.

I thought she was a bit harsh to some of the dancers on Saturday night, but I didn't see much wrong with what she said tonight.

Claudia has been on twitter to tell fans that it was all a laugh and she's friends with Shirley. Ever the professional Claud but it wasn't funny.

Claudia has been on twitter to tell fans that it was all a laugh and she's friends with Shirley. Ever the professional Claud but it wasn't funny.

Shirley came across as a bully. Her behavior on ITT was disgraceful. Would such behavior be acceptable on the competition floor? Or indeed in any workplace?

She comes across as thinking very highly of herself. I thought the handing of the Latin crown to Debbie for her charlston was just plain stupid. Let's remind the nation I'm the queen of Latin again :( charlston isn't Latin is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I respect Shirley's opinion but I agree that the comments to Claud were out of place.

Glad to see Simon go.Seems a nice man but I think his downfall was being partnered with Karen. She's more occupied with getting herself across.she's totally obnoxious.

I felt bad for Davood he's gotten a fair bit of choreography criticism and it has nothing to do with him!

Oti is my favourite pro so hope to see her and Johnny stay in for the long haul

Johnny is a good dancer. I hope people continue to vote for him. He is quite reserved compared to the other "celebrities".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Can somebody remind me of the voting? Do they film the eliminations on Saturday night after the main show, but only show it on the Sunday?

But voting is still counted on Sundays?

(it was the difference in the theatrical make up from the pros doing their progroup dance to the dance off waiting that made me think of the actual timing of filming)

Can somebody remind me of the voting? Do they film the eliminations on Saturday night after the main show, but only show it on the Sunday?

(it was the difference in the theatrical make up from the pros doing their progroup dance to the dance off waiting that made me think of the actual timing of filming)

Voting is only open for a couple of hours (or less) on Saturday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The pro dance is done earlier in the Saturday, then the live show, then voting opens for a couple of hours, then elimination filmed. It's all done on the Saturday. It must be such a long day for them!

Voting is closed at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night . The eliminations are filmed right after the main show on Saturday and shown on Sunday
    A spoiler showing who was voted off is online by 22:45 Saturday night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Johnny is a good dancer. I hope people continue to vote for him. He is quite reserved compared to the other "celebrities".

He was really overmarked this week though. The comments were terrible and the marks were quite kind.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    He was really overmarked this week though. The comments were terrible and the marks were quite kind.

He also admitted himself on ITT that he messed up half the dance and got it wrong

Well he is a good dancer , I wasn't basing my opinion on Saturday night. Even my friend pointed out to me how exhausted Jonny looked. He seems a genuinely nice person, hope that he gets the votes he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Are some of you joking or are you just thick? The Shirley Claudia thing was tongue and cheek

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Are some of you joking or are you just thick? The Shirley Claudia thing was tongue and cheek

No not thick , we just have different opinions to you . Its allowed on DS without being called thick

• Advertisement

Ryaner179 wrote: »

I would have agreed with you if it wasn't for her copping a feel of Giovannis butt on ITT. She comes across as a bully.

Advertisement