Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Debbie - Holy Moly!

Gemma and Molly for danceoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Gemma and Molly for danceoff.

Think Gemma will be ok. She has been disappointing in recent weeks

honeybear wrote: »
    Think Gemma will be ok. She has been disappointing in recent weeks

I think her confidence has taken a battering. Almost losing her shoe tonight didn’t help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think her confidence has taken a battering. Almost losing her shoe tonight didn’t help matters.

She looked so down-heartened, I felt so sorry for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I think Jonnie will be in the dance off with Mollie or Ruth. Mollie was actually a bit better for me this week so I don't know.

If Mollie’s in the dance off again, surely that’s her gone, can’t see them saving her for a third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

honeybear wrote: »
    If ye were on SCD who would ye like to be partnered with?

Aliaz, Anton or Gorka for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m only after watching tonight’s show and for me Alexandra was Wow :eek: Debbie was great too but not as good as Alex. Ruth and Jonnie were not great tonight but I do think the judges are fairly harsh on Ruth. Gemma and Mollie do nothing for me. They won’t last much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I am really starting to like Joe! He's improved so much and you can tell he works really hard.

Alexandra just leaves me cold. She is a great dancer but I just can't warm to her at all. She looked pissed that she didn't get four 10s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Only getting to watch last night's show now.

Using that Katy Perry song for a tango...

What.

The.

Fcuk.

• Administrators Posts: 13,987 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I think this year they're just trying too hard to be "alternative" or something. I think the band and singers are there and they intend to get full use out of them! Some dances don't need singers, they could dance to an instrumental. But it's all a big performance now and everybody has to be involved.

It's kind of ruining it a little I think.

I think in precious years the band/singers were amazing and complimented the dances so beautifully you almost forget they were there... Now they seem to be in competition with the dancers for the spotlight...

... Maybe!

Only getting to watch last night's show now.

Using that Katy Perry song for a tango...

What.

The.

Fcuk.

Is it weird that I still liked it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only finishing watching the show now, and too hungover to comment individually :o

But my goodness the judges are not only being harsh this week, they're plain mean half the time!

Something about Debbie and Giovanni just freaks me out.... another dance from her that was technically perfect (or not, if you ask Shirley!) but just too perfect for me.... everything so precisely placed, but her dancing just does nothing for me whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thrilled for Mollie and AJ !!'

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Pleased for Mollie, I thought the judges were harsh last night. Depending on who he's up against I think Jonnie has gone as far as he can, I know he has a significant disadvantage but his dancing has gone downhill since the first few weeks..I'll be sorry to see Oti leave as I think she's fab!

What an awful dress Shirley is wearing this evening!

Not mad about Darcy's either tbh.

Delighted for Molly, although she doesn't do a whole lot for me really. What a reaction!

I agree with Shirley, Joe must be getting near favourite at this stage. He's certainly mine at the moment, cannot bring myself to root for Alexandra or Debbie, both just leave me cold.

I really do love Gemma, although I don't think she's capable of winning - I just love her attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Love that colour on Darcy but the style isn't great.

Jaysus, Bruno was a bit harsh there with his advice to Ruth.... no guessing who he's expecting to vote out :confused:

Oh fk off Alexandra :mad: (although I fully expect her QS to be amazing, to be fair, much as it kills me to admit that!)

Uh oh.... is Bruno psychic? Bye bye Ruth, methinks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I honestly don't have any favourite this year :( I either dislike them (Alexandra) or I'm just a bit meh about.

Not surprised Jonnie was saved, I always felt the judges were easier on him...understandably I guess and Ruth never really got much credit for her improvement.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Don't know about psychic but I thought he was pissed

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Double post

Loved how everyone jumped on Anton at the end.

It was the right result tonight. Jonnie should be next to leave.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Don't know about psychic but I thought he was pissed
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The pro dance at the beginning of tonight's show was appalling. Cringe-tastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Heroditas wrote:
    The pro dance at the beginning of tonight's show was appalling. Cringe-tastic.

I liked it!
    Except the treadmills. And the bastardisation of the song.
    Other than that it was lovely!

Not as good as last years. I don't know I just don't find Karen Clifton to be very genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Why did they all look like they were dressed in the 1940s though? Are they mixing up the wars?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement