Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Heroditas wrote: »
    The pro dance at the beginning of tonight's show was appalling. Cringe-tastic.

They always try something like that....like its obligatory. Its a nice sentiment i guess but they overdo it.

368100 wrote: »
    They always try something like that....like its obligatory. Its a nice sentiment i guess but they overdo it.

I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I liked it.

I liked it too .

I also loved Mollie and AJs genuine delight and joy at getting through .

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Is it just me, or is the camerawork appalling ? It’s a (sort-of) dance show. SHOW US THEIR FEET FFS ! ) so many times I want to see the steps only to find the camera goes as far as their knees at most. Normally while it’s flying around them like a whirling dervish. /end rant/

And I was delighted for Molly. They took her out of her misery very quickly in the announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Is it just me, or is the camerawork appalling ? It’s a (sort-of) dance show. SHOW US THEIR FEET FFS ! ) so many times I want to see the steps only to find the camera goes as far as their knees at most. Normally while it’s flying around them like a whirling dervish. /end rant/

And I was delighted for Molly. They took her out of her misery very quickly in the announcements.

I completely agree regarding the camerawork. Last night i had to look away when Aliaz and Gemma were dancing. The spinning was just too much, and we rarely saw their feet throughout the whole dance. It was really badly done. And that's just one couple. So many more from the waist up.
    But Molly was so delighted. And I was happy for her. Whilst I felt the passion was a little AWOL in hed dance she has had a rough few weeks in the dance off so many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

A lot of people mention the lack of looking at the feet on the Facebook page. Pity they wouldn't read the comments. Maybe we should send an email. There's power in numbers.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk

Contact form.

I gave them an email this morning about the camera work. It's been passed on to the producers so will let you know when they get back to me.

Oré Oduba will be singing and dancing for children in need on Friday. Let's hope his singing doesn't let him down!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/amp/41902551

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    A lot of people mention the lack of looking at the feet on the Facebook page. Pity they wouldn't read the comments. Maybe we should send an email. There's power in numbers.

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk

Contact form.

I gave them an email this morning about the camera work. It's been passed on to the producers so will let you know when they get back to me.

Oré Oduba will be singing and dancing for children in need on Friday. Let's hope his singing doesn't let him down!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/amp/41902551

Good on you for emailing. They seem to spin the camera around the couple a lot, probably to make it look more dramatic. I'm sure it looks horrible if you're in the audience

Thanks for putting those links in for me.

I just watched Mollie on 3e on The Cube ! She did amazingly well and won £100.000 with 4 lives left ! Wow !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Gethin felt like a breath of fresh air on ITT today.

Although, they will presumably have to get Ian to come in a second day in a row tomorrow if Zoe is back to keep up the pretense that they don't record these things in one day.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

I've missed a few days. Where's Zoe? Hope she's ok.

She's off sick so she will have recooperated for going to Blackpool. I can't remember why she goes exactly...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They've just had a Strictly special on BBC's Children in Need with previous presenters of Blue Peter.
    From what I've seen, they should invite some of them onto Strictly next year. They only had a few hours to practice but some of them were actually bloody good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

This was on ITT last night. Is it Brendan's goodbye?

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/931590572011347970

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Pasha did a similar thing recently. I don't think it's a goodbye, just a time filler.

The Blue Peter presenters had two weeks to prepare I think the winner was brilliant. Look how high his legs went!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

This was on ITT last night. Is it Brendan's goodbye?

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/931590572011347970

It was hilarious how he didn't mention Lulu once!

I forgot about that ! Who are looking forward to seeing tonight ? Johnny looks to have upped his game going by his training video. Joe and Davood should do well !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

On a catch-up mission again... :o

So no major shock last week. I'm assuming this time that Anton *will* be back next year - and will once again be paired with a lady around his age or older? :o :rolleyes: :D;)

No mention of Susan's "tears of Blackpool happiness", I notice:

https://twitter.com/SusanCalman/status/929798256422522880

Meanwhile, the reception for Gethin standing in for Zoe on ITT appears to have been mixed - not too surprising as he has always been something of an acquired taste, even during his Blue Peter days. Naturally, some tabloids have claimed that viewers want him to replace Zoe altogether, while others have published tweets calling him "boring" and an "idiot"... :rolleyes: ;)

(Personally, I can't say I'm his biggest fan, but I certainly don't hate him either. And I think he did a pretty good job given the circumstances.)

Finally for this post, Chizzy took part on the Weakest Link Children in Need special last night. In stark contrast to Strictly, she won easily - Rylan and some guy off Love Island were among the other contestants, and there was no tactical voting... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Before events at the Tower Ballroom get underway, another look at the bookies' markets... :o:D;)

Paddy Power: Debbie 6/4, Alexandra 9/4, Joe 11/2, Gemma 7/1, Davood 15/2, Mollie 16/1, Jonnie 33/1, Susan 66/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Debbie 7/4, Alexandra 2/1, Joe 5/1, Gemma 8/1, Davood 9/1, Mollie 20/1, Jonnie 33/1, Susan 50/1
    William Hill: Debbie 11/8, Alexandra 9/4, Joe 5/1, Gemma 7/1, Davood 9/1, Mollie 16/1, Jonnie 28/1, Susan 50/1

No real change to Debbie's or Alexandra's odds, while Joe has moved ahead of Gemma. Davood, meanwhile, is on a real charge following his Charleston... :D;)

Jonnie has to be considered an outsider now - but it can't be denied that getting to this stage of the competition is no mean feat for an amputee. :):) Apparently, he's trying to avoid a curse this weekend - one that dictates that a sportsman is eliminated in week nine...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/16/jonnie-peacock-fears-he-will-fall-foul-of-yet-another-strictly-curse-7083995/

• Advertisement

Less is more ! I couldn't see a thing the floor was far too busy and too many on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hahaha Shirley totally out of time there when they judges were doing their little dance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

That wasn't good it wasn't as smooth as it should have been

kopite386 wrote: »
    That wasn't good it wasn't as smooth as it should have been

Oh i liked it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Oh i liked it !

So did the judges :D
    I just saw a few mistakes and I thought it wasn't very smooth. She deserved no more than 7's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Not bad! That music wasn't great though. Loved the second lift!

Bored with Susan now

She looks like a toilet roll cover from 1975 !!

That was Susan posing and Kevin dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I loved Mollies dance :)

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    That was Susan posing and Kevin dancing.

Exactly ! And her answering Shirley back was not nice

Advertisement