Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Why does Janette throwing herself in front of the camera every chance she gets annoy me so much?! I want to throw things at the tv! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I love Mollie's Charleston!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wow :eek:

Joe just Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I love Joe but didn't like that so much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, Gemma's dance was just lovely!

Wasn't it the foxtrot where Shirley (or Darcy?) said her neck was too long and she was looking up too much? Well she certainly corrected that tonight!

Love Aljaz coming out with the occasional northern exclamation - "chuffed"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gemma and Alexandra the best tonight - Alexandra was just class - I love those Hollywood style dances anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Debbie massively over marked tonight. There was nothing about that samba I liked, the music and costumes were terrible and her hip movement was non existent. Thought Mollie's dance was a bit clunky, but think the music prob didn't help there. Joe was... eh, energetic! I enjoyed it I have to say. Gemma and Alexandra where just fab, loved the routines, the costumes, the music, everything was lovely.

Really hope Susan goes tonight, she's just terrible. Would like to see Jonnie last another week or two.

Anyone else feel like the extra dancers had more to do with Davood's dance than he did? I found them incredibly distracting.

And that net top he's wearing - :eek: (and not in a good way!)

And the twist turn that Shirley referred to - was that the big leap in the air, turning and landing to the knee? If so, I agree with her, it was magnificent!

Alexandra's QS - brilliant, as I thought it would be.

But.... pigeon toes, anyone? (if the bloody cameramen would ever focus on the dancers' feet :mad:)

Feel like Alexandra gets away with blue murder while Molly gets hammered every week (she is miles better, admittedly - but not that much better)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Alexandra was great tonight, still can't hack her but the dancing itself was really well done.
    Gemma was my favourite of the night, the lifts were perfect and the dismounts or whatever the technical term for that is were flawless- couldn't help comparing her to Mollie, who had a confused pause after each and every lift, no flow. I didn't get the music for Mollie's Charleston, the beat and speed were totally unsuitable IMO. They did well to perform as well as they did to that track!
    Didn't get Kevin's famous Paso at all - this is what he's been planning for 5 years?! Really?! Nobody expected Susan to smash it but even Kev himself looked a bit crap during that routine IMO! There was no flow to it, and you had to be familiar with the Strictly Ballroom scene to 'get' the pauses and music breaks. It must have looked fantastic in his head but it didn't translate at all, and you could kind of see that Susan wasn't 100% convinced. It was all a bit indulgent on his part, I thought.
    Johnnie's days are numbered I'd say. The judges comments come off as harsh when you realise that mostly he's limited by his prosthesis, but regardless, he's not progressing.
    Joe did well tonight again, he seems to be loving every minute, and the same for Debbie. I commented when she did that weird backwards swivel move that it looked so awkward and yet so perfectly timed that it must be technically perfect, and Shirley confirmed it! Gio seems to really challenge her to get the technical, unusual stuff right to impress the judges rather than just playing to the crowd.
    Overall I didn't enjoy Blackpool that much, everyone did reasonably well but all the extra dancers provided a lot of distraction for me. It's a beautiful ballroom though and clearly a big deal for all the pros!
    Edit to add, how could I forget Davood! Not a big fan of the costume :D but he did so well - great, authentic Paso content and fantastic timing. His partner is a great choreographer. Anyone else notice her face when Alex was gushing about how much she loooves all the other contestants and pros? AJ looked similarly nonplussed!

kopite386 wrote: »
    Oh Alexandra seriously stop whining and whinging love
    This!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This!

X 2!!!

At some point surely she’s got to stop being ‘overwhelmed’

Jesus, did Joe actually drop Katya at the end there??? :eek::eek::eek: And early on in the dance he looked like he nearly decapitated her!

That was manic!

Song brought me right back to a great time in my life, so I loved it regardless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Jesus, did Joe actually drop Katya at the end there??? :eek::eek::eek: And early on in the dance he looked like he nearly decapitated her!

That was manic!

Song brought me right back to a great time in my life, so I loved it regardless!!

Nadiya did a high kick tonight and was afraid to look in case Davoods eye was on her killler heel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That was manic!

It looked like it alright. Have a look at Neil's face at the end!
    Agree with a lot of everyone else's comments.
    Debbie very much overmarked.
    Alexandra didn't do the shaky hand thing in front of her face amazingly.
    Decidedly unimpressed overall with tonight though.
    Kevin's dance was, quite frankly, crap..

Finally, Jeanette you're not on the show anymore so buzz off and stop hogging the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I was so unimpressed that I went on YouTube to look at past Blackpooldance routines to cheer myself up.

I definitely don't think that link move at the end of Joe's routine looked right, like he didn't have the strength to hold on to her.

I thought that drop was part of the routine and that he had held her with his bum and then she slides down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You could be right. It just looked awkward though. Katya is a risk taker anyway :)

I didn't watch it back, but at the time i just thought i saw her actually bounce!

• Advertisement

I think it was part of the routine. I thought she was gonna pull his trousers down though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

leahyl wrote: »
    Music was shocking for a samba
    RosyLily wrote: »
    I didn't think it was great. Debbie has danced better imo.

Was the music slower or was it just me?
    leahyl wrote: »
    Music ridiculously slow and just wrong for the dance

I've just caught up with the show now and all I kept thinking during Debbie's dance was why on earth didn't they choose 'Spice Up Your Life' instead of the other two song mix up they had.

'Spice Up Your Life' would have been perfect for the Samba.

Are we ready for tonight?

I wasn’t expecting that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

Last night wasn't one of Debbies best + definitely over marked but don't think she deserves to be in dance off. Susan is crap don't know how she has lasted this long.

Yea I agree it wasn’t her best but to be in the dance off surprised me

He’s gone, doesn’t have to dance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Yeah deffo the games up for Johnny now. Debbie got the shock of her life though(didn't see her last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I know Susan is meant to be what the show us all about...No dance experience, huge strictly fan etc. but I don't understand how she's survived another week. She didn't take criticism from the judges very well either even though her dance was poor.

Debbie doesn't have big public support, her dance was overmarked and she still ended up in the bottom two. Feel sorry for Johnny but he's done so we'll to get this far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Ive always had the feeling the public wouldnt overly warm to debbie. Johnnie was always on borrowed time bless him

Gemma really stepped it up last night, still my dark horse to win. I think Alexandra will have a regiment fan base though. I can't see Debbie going before final however, but don't see her getting nearly enough support from the public

Advertisement