Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry to see Jonnie go, fair play for him getting this far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Think Gemma is like Abby Clancy. Abby really improved as the show progressed and came across as very likeable. She had Alijaz as a partner too!

Autosport wrote: »
    Sorry to see Jonnie go, fair play for him getting this far

A truly inspirational guy. Didn’t he do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

honeybear wrote: »
    Think Gemma is like Abby Clancy. Abby really improved as the show progressed and came across as very likeable. She had Alijaz as a partner too!

Gemma's much more likeable than Abby though (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Was I the only one that thought Johnnie did better than Debbie in the dance off?

I'm backing Gemma and Joe for the final.

So sorry we didn't get to see Aston do his jive in Blackpool:(

• Advertisement

Isn’t Jonny such a sweetheart. Loving him on ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Golly, hasn't Michael Ball lost a lot of weight! :eek:

Loved the guy crawling around the floor cleaning up all the tinsel between dances :D

I took a sneak peek before watching the results show this evening, and got all excited thinking Debbie might be gone..... but not to be. Harumph.

I know Alexandra can't help her face (I've had random people stop me in the street and tell me to cheer up, when I'm perfectly happy) but I really wish she'd give up that cross between a hangdog and perpetually amazed look she has all the time.

I'm only short of starting novenas for Joe and Gemma (but esp Gemma) just so someone will beat her!

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Was I the only one that thought Johnnie did better than Debbie in the dance off?

I'm backing Gemma and Joe for the final.

So sorry we didn't get to see Aston do his jive in Blackpool:(
    Nope, having just watched the dance-off, I thought this too.

Thought Debbie looked like she was trying too hard to soften her knees as advised, and it just looked a bit sloppy and odd.

She's undoubtedly a far better dancer than him, but still. Don't think that costume did Johnny any favours, with the luminous line across his backside, just highlighted his sticky-outy bum!

Awww, Oti has me in tears now! I'm really going to miss her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nope, having just watched the dance-off, I thought this too.

Thought Debbie looked like she was trying too hard to soften her knees as advised, and it just looked a bit sloppy and odd.

She's undoubtedly a far better dancer than him, but still. Don't think that costume did Johnny any favours, with the luminous line across his backside, just highlighted his sticky-outy bum!

Awww, Oti has me in tears now! I'm really going to miss her!!

I said the same on Saturday , the stripes only made his bum look even more outy . What a lad though , an inspirational man and a credit to his family

Just watching my first ITT this series - what on earth sort of a sofa-cover is Zoe wearing??? :eek:

• Advertisement

I actually said to my mum, Oti And johnnies costumes will do them no favour. That unusual drop at the end of Joe's dance was actually meant to hAppen after all.

I actually said to my mum, Oti And johnnies costumes will do them no favour. That unusual drop at the end of Joe's dance was actually meant to hAppen after all.
    Hmmm.... so they say......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Vincent simone on ITT....stood up to do a "standing ovulation" .....i assume he was making a joke but they didnt pick up on it

368100 wrote: »
    Vincent simone on ITT....stood up to do a "standing ovulation" .....i assume he was making a joke but they didnt pick up on it

He does it on purpose !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    He does it on purpose !

All he got was tumbleweed from the studio ha ha

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    He does it on purpose !

Anything to take attention from his shoes!

And he was on tour with his "women's". There's no excuse for how poor his English is. Did like his shoes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So Jonnie didn't break the curse then. No pressure on the sportsman taking part next year, so. :o:D;)

Debbie in the DO was slightly surprising - though, of course, nowhere near as big a surprise as Aston's elimination. It's no surprise at all, however, that Alexandra is now the favourite again as a result... :rolleyes: ;)

Paddy Power: Alexandra 2/1, Gemma 3/1, Debbie 10/3, Joe 5/1, Davood 11/2, Mollie 25/1, Susan 50/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Alexandra 9/4, Debbie 3/1, Gemma 7/2, Joe 5/1, Davood 6/1, Mollie 25/1, Susan 50/1
    William Hill: Alexandra 9/4, Debbie 3/1, Gemma 10/3, Joe 5/1, Davood 11/2, Mollie 22/1, Susan 50/1

This time Gemma is the biggest mover, thanks to her American Smooth. :D Davood isn't easing up, however, after another good score for his Paso Doble - and it all means it's pretty close between everyone except Mollie and Susan. :D

But as we've seen so, so many times before, anything can happen on Strictly and it usually does (copyright Murray Walker). :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I don’t think that Aleksandra will win. She had had great performances but I think the public vote might let her down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Alexandra saying today that the song for her dance this week "stirs so many emotions".
    Yeah I bet it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Heroditas wrote: »
    Alexandra saying today that the song for her dance this week "stirs so many emotions".
    Yeah I bet it does.

It's Halo by Beyonce.

I can feel your halo (halo) halo
    I can see your halo (halo) halo
    I can feel your halo (halo) halo
    I can see your halo (halo) halo

I mean you can totally see where she's coming from - pure soulful right there :pac:

honeybear wrote: »
    I don’t think that Aleksandra will win. She had had great performances but I think the public vote might let her down

At least there's no precedent for her to return and try again on this show!

ITT this evening and Jeanette came over to do a piece on our dancing with the stars. She said at the end..."as the Irish say, if you're lucky enough to be irish, you're lucky enough"

I've NEVER heard that before, ....has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ITT this evening and Jeanette came over to do a piece on our dancing with the stars. She said at the end..."as the Irish say, if you're lucky enough to be irish, you're lucky enough"

I've heard at loads of times!
    But always from 'Irish Americans', in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

I’ve heard Americans say it!

News on the daily mail today is Karen and Kevin are barely speaking due to the Strictly curse. Now is Kevin running off with Susan or did Karen fall madly in love with Simon. (Well he did make her a lot of food). Is it a case of no publicity is bad publicity ? I'm just after reading it's his third marriage ( how old is he?), confirms my theory that they are all older than they say they are ( except for AJ who will stay eternally young thanks to some spell from Bruno).

News on the daily mail today is Karen and Kevin are barely speaking due to the Strictly curse. Now is Kevin running off with Susan or did Karen fall madly in love with Simon. (Well he did make her a lot of food). Is it a case of no publicity is bad publicity ? I'm just after reading it's his third marriage ( how old is he?), confirms my theory that they are all older than they say they are ( except for AJ who will stay eternally young thanks to some spell from Bruno).

It’s only his second marriage. He must have married his first wife very young. Karen comes across as hard work.

Russel Grant must be the most annoying man on Strictly /.I had to mute him .
    Alexandra managed to make Zoe's birthday all about her !That girl is so needy and attention seeking its almost funny .

It’s only his second marriage. He must have married his first wife very young. Karen comes across as hard work.

Oops. Thanks for that !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Given that Susan is married to a woman, I'd be amazed if there was anything going on between her and Kevin. But I could easily believe the strain of him being in Glasgow 5 days a week for the last 10 weeks would be a strain on any relationship. I didn't know he was married before though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement