Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

What an opening dance from the pros!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

That was a great opening dance! Oti should lead all of them.....she's fab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I think the last couple for the d/o is Susan or Gemma..
    I loved Joe and Debbie tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Well well well...is no one safe from the bottom two!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I found Susans reaction really silly .

• Advertisement

Yeah I can't recall anyone reacting like that even when the worse dancer is up against a favourite in the dance off. They usually just say they'll do their best and enjoy the dance. I've gone off Susan in the last few weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Aww...brought a tear to my eye...she looked so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The judges are so biased towards Debbie its not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Lovely speech Kevin. It wasa pleasure to watch them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Lovely speech Kevin. It wasa pleasure to watch them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It was Susan's time to go

She did well to get so far. I don't think there's much between the remaining dancers, Gemma is probably at risk but she still has the ability to perform strongly if the dance suits her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I actually found Susan's reaction to being in the dance-off refreshing. The only people who might have beaten Alex & Gorka in a dance-off are Debbie & Giovanni. We've seen foregone conclusion dance-offs before and she was just admitting that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

It was good that Susan went. She was the weakest dancer this week. Next week it should probably be Mollie but after that things are going to get tough. Personally I love Joe. Would love to see him in the final. He comes across so genuine in comparison to Alexandra who I just cannot abide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I found Susan's reaction to being in the dance-off against the (probably, usually) favourite totally natural and honest and typical of a comedian - it's always such a farce when they're like 'all we can do is our best' in that situation!
    It was certainly her time to go but it clearly meant an awful lot for her to get that far and she obviously loved every minute of it. Looks like a genuine friendship between herself and Kevin.
    After reading the horrible tabloid speculation about their marriage in the past few days it was nice to hear Kevin acknowledge and thank Karen after he and Susan were eliminated. She looked touched too.
    The show has taken a really gossipy, 'who's riding who' tone this series (I never noticed it to the same extent in the past) that I don't like at al - so much speculation about the 'curse', so much coverage of every kiss on the cheek or friendly look between Mollie and AJ, Gemma and Gorka, even Debbie and Gio for god's sake! I don't care if I sound like a prude, this isn't Love Island or whatever, it's Strictly, and I miss the days when it was all about the dancing and anything else was far, far in the background!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I found Susan's reaction to being in the dance-off against the (probably, usually) favourite totally natural and honest and typical of a comedian - it's always such a farce when they're like 'all we can do is our best' in that situation!
    It was certainly her time to go but it clearly meant an awful lot for her to get that far and she obviously loved every minute of it. Looks like a genuine friendship between herself and Kevin.
    After reading the horrible tabloid speculation about their marriage in the past few days it was nice to hear Kevin acknowledge and thank Karen after he and Susan were eliminated. She looked touched too.
    The show has taken a really gossipy, 'who's riding who' tone this series (I never noticed it to the same extent in the past) that I don't like at al - so much speculation about the 'curse', so much coverage of every kiss on the cheek or friendly look between Mollie and AJ, Gemma and Gorka, even Debbie and Gio for god's sake! I don't care if I sound like a prude, this isn't Love Island or whatever, it's Strictly, and I miss the days when it was all about the dancing and anything else was far, far in the background!

Ah the speculation was always there...its just that this year it seems more popular than ever so the gossip is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ah the speculation was always there...its just that this year it seems more popular than ever so the gossip is everywhere.

Was it always all over the papers, at least two baseless rumours disguised as articles in each tabloid every single day?!
    It's really sad that the show itself isn't enough to keep people watching, but maybe all the messing does increase viewing figures?
    I remember in previous years there was always the odd rumour in the papers, maybe one or two speculated couples and/or breakups per series, but there was never a trace of it in the actual show that I can remember.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Was it always all over the papers, at least two baseless rumours disguised as articles in each tabloid every single day?!
    It's really sad that the show itself isn't enough to keep people watching, but maybe all the messing does increase viewing figures?
    I remember in previous years there was always the odd rumour in the papers, maybe one or two speculated couples and/or breakups per series, but there was never a trace of it in the actual show that I can remember.

Like I said, the gossip was always there, but this year as the show is more popular than ever, the gossip seems to be everywhere.

When Brendan and Natasha were dancing the gossip was all over the tabloids!

I don't think strictly is the kind of show you can watch just for the gossip. Either you watch for the dancing, or you'll get bored pretty quickly with it. It's just the show is popular and a rumour about affairs is click bait gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I have watched and loved this show from year one and at times over the years had doubts about dubious judging but tonight I have watched my final show. I am disgusted with their scoring and feel now for sure and without any hesitation of a doubt that the judges are not scoring fairly.

Joe macfadden is about as good a dancer as Jonny average, barely competent and nothing special. How he's outscored Molly again tonight is a thundering disgrace an absolute scandal. I will never watch this show again.

You didn't have to post in this thread, you know. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

There’s always gossip, remember the tabloid obsession with Jay and Aliona, which was so disrespectful considering she was married. Meanwhile they completely missed the fact that it was Giovanni and Georgina who were actually hooking up.

Call me cynical, but I think the dancers and celebs use the tabloids to their advantage. It wouldn’t surprise me if they fabricated a relationship to keep themselves in the papers and thus in the show. I’m not convinced in AJ and Mollie, wouldn’t be at all surprised if it were a publicity stunt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anyway, I reckon tonight showed us that Alexandra will have her work cut out to win it. Not collecting the votes!
    Only Joe and Gemma haven't been in the dance-off yet. They're obviously raking in the votes.
    Can't believe there's only 3 weeks left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cateym wrote: »
    It was good that Susan went. She was the weakest dancer this week. Next week it should probably be Mollie but after that things are going to get tough. Personally I love Joe. Would love to see him in the final. He comes across so genuine in comparison to Alexandra who I just cannot abide.

I really want Joe to win

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Like I said, the gossip was always there, but this year as the show is more popular than ever, the gossip seems to be everywhere.

When Brendan and Natasha were dancing the gossip was all over the tabloids!

In their case, it was true though!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really want Joe to win

Me too, he and Davood have come on in leaps and bounds. That’s what the show is all about, people with no previous dance experience developing over the course of the show. I like Gemma too, but she has plateaued quite a bit, I can’t see her winning. On FB there is quite a backlash against Debbie and Alexandra for having so much experience and that’s reflected with them being in the DO in recent weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have another Ore this year and the hot favourites lose out to someone with no previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I think there'll be an upset this year. Joe or Davood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really want Joe to win

I'd be happy with Joe or Gemma, I think Joe is probably the better dancer though. Just hope he doesn't end up in dance off with "flexy mcgee" as judges will no doubt unconditionally save her considering they've over marked her all along

Interesting about the Kevin/Karen stories.....i would have thought she'd be the hard work but seems like the nice boy Clifton image isn't just 100% true.

Hard to know if it was blown out of proportion by the media but obviously something went on given his making amends to her on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

368100 wrote: »
    Interesting about the Kevin/Karen stories.....i would have thought she'd be the hard work but seems like the nice boy Clifton image isn't just 100% true.

Hard to know if it was blown out of proportion by the media but obviously something went on given his making amends to her on the show

Nice boy image what? He hasn't cheated on her
    And also you really believe that bollox from the Scum, could he not just be trying to be funny in apologizing to her for the reason he said on the show?

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Nice boy image what? He hasn't cheated on her
    And also you really believe that bollox from the Scum, could he not just be trying to be funny in apologizing to her for the reason he said on the show?

IMO he projects a nice boy image, i doubt im alone in thinking that....where did i say he cheated on her?

Youve lost me regarding the "bollox from the scrum" ...no idea what you're on about. If you think that was somebody trying to be funny you have an odd notion of humour! Did you laugh at that bit? I didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

368100 wrote: »
    Youve lost me regarding the "bollox from the scrum" ...no idea what you're on about. If you think that was somebody trying to be funny you have an odd notion of humour! Did you laugh at that bit? I didnt.

He's talking about The Sun.

I'd never trust that newspaper. Or the Mail or the Express, for that matter. :o;)

Advertisement