Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Cateym wrote: »
    I think there'll be an upset this year. Joe or Davood.

No longer an upset, indeed he's bookies favourite :) hope he does it!

It's clear Debbie and Alexandra aren't getting the public support. One of them will probably make the final as I can't see the judges getting rid of them (well certainly Debbie) in a DO against anyone else, but I think we'll find a Joe, Davood/Gemma top two.

The romance of a someone with previously little to no experience will always play on the public's minds. Not to mention it's very hard to warm to Alexandra any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not sure about Davood. He's been in the dance off already and he had a reasonably high score that week so it showed the public (at the time anyway) weren't warming to him.
    Also, the judges have been fawning over him something rotten.
    I'd love to see Joe or Gemma win, chiefly because both are so likeable.

But you'll always get growers like that. I'm too lazy to check for sure (:P) but wasn't Ore in the dance off a couple of times last year?

It's much more telling when the ones who are pushed as the favourites don't get the support.

Some of the underdogs and lesser promoted/known contestants will get lost amongst the crowd early on but as the numbers dwindle they can become much more prominent and gain much more support (there's also less chance of a split vote and a chance they'll pick up votes from fans of eliminated contestants - I'd imagine these votes are more likely to transfer to fellow underdogs than the big names per se).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It's Musical Week on Strictly. Here are this weeks dances and music.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/935841765030072320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Shirley Ballas may not be returning for another series. I would have to say I would be quite pleased if it were true.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Shirley Ballas may not be returning for another series. I would have to say I would be quite pleased if it were true.

Hopefully!

I'd love to see Anton. He has his detractors but he's such a permanent fixture at this stage and I love his quick wit

Did anyone see Shirley on Graham Norton. She seems about as much craic as the wall :o

They'll surely look for someone with much more charisma, the casual viewers (and indeed contestants I'd wager) don't frankly care about such in-depth technical details

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I watched It Takes Two for the first time the other day (there's a Home and Away shaped hole in my evenings lately :D ) and a pro dancer named Erin Boag, who I think I remember from previous series, was demonstrating steps and critiquing last weekends dances. I thought she was brilliant and commented that she would be a great replacement for Shirley if she didn't return for another series.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I watched It Takes Two for the first time the other day (there's a Home and Away shaped hole in my evenings lately :D ) and a pro dancer named Erin Boag, who I think I remember from previous series, was demonstrating steps and critiquing last weekends dances. I thought she was brilliant and commented that she would be a great replacement for Shirley if she didn't return for another series.

I love when they bring back former professionals like the little Italian stallion himself. Loved his demo of the Argentinian tango with Zoe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Shirley might not be back? What's the source of that rumour, I wonder.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Erin( Anton's partner) was fantastic at explaining dances, she's a lady , as was Joanne Clifton. Love that part of ITT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Shirley might not be back? What's the source of that rumour, I wonder.

Shirley herself. It seems she's said that she has "lost family members" to do this show and now she needs to reflect on whether it's worth it.
    Dramatic stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

jr86 wrote: »
    No longer an upset, indeed he's bookies favourite :) hope he does it!

Well, in fact, he's joint favourite with Debbie... :eek: :D;)

Paddy Power: Debbie 9/4, Joe 9/4, Alexandra 10/3, Gemma 13/2, Davood 8/1, Mollie 20/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Debbie 5/2, Joe 5/2, Alexandra 7/2, Gemma 5/1, Davood 8/1, Mollie 16/1
    William Hill: Debbie 9/4, Joe 9/4, Alexandra 10/3, Gemma 6/1, Davood 7/1, Mollie 16/1

His Quickstep was obviously very popular. However, Ms McGee did get the same score for her Argentine Tango - regardless whether or not one believes this was deserved... :D;)

Alexandra was favourite before ending up in the DO, but she's not out of contention just yet. And I have suggested previously that they may be pushing for a female winner this year - though if Joe were to win, he would complete a hat-trick of male winners. (Once again, no sexism intended - just my observations. :))

Gemma was around 3/1 before struggling with her samba. Davood's charge has stalled, too, despite another good score for his waltz. And with Susan gone, Mollie has to be considered the outsider now.

But don't rule out another shock... :D:D;);)

Heroditas wrote: »
    Only Joe and Gemma haven't been in the dance-off yet. They're obviously raking in the votes.

You do know the BBC never releases the voting figures... right?

For all we know, Gemma might have narrowly avoided the DO on at least one occasion...

:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

You do know the BBC never releases the voting figures... right?

For all we know, Gemma might have narrowly avoided the DO on at least one occasion...

:o;)

Think Gemma will do well tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Love Movie night !

Well, in fact, he's joint favourite with Debbie... :eek: :D

he was sole favourite when I posted it

Loved loved loved Joe and Katya !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Loved loved loved Joe and Katya !

He's got to be the one to beat. Public favourite also id imagine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

That was very impressive.

He's got to be the one to beat. Public favourite also id imagine :)

I thought they got Caberet to a fine art

• Advertisement

he was sole favourite when I posted it

There must have been a few more bets on Debbie in the meantime, then. :D;)

Nadiya danced well , Davood walked about

Poor Hamster looked bored out of his skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I thought Alexandra's Charleston was clumpy but that could have been the boots she was wearing. Both two last week and in the pimp slot this week. She is obviously one of the producers favourites.

I find her very insincere. "It's an honour to close the show" :rolleyes:

Alexandra will get a rebound vote so will be fine and Joe safe as houses.

Aside from that hard to call though id be fairly certain mollie will be bottom 2

I thought Alexandra's Charleston was clumpy but that could have been the boots she was wearing. Both two last week and in the pimp slot this week. She is obviously one of the producers favourites.

How is the running order decided?

Some "luck" to get best spot after being in bottom 2 week before.

There must have been a few more bets on Debbie in the meantime, then. :D;)

Well it was probably an immediate reaction to him topping leaderboard last week. I posted about him being favourite a few days before your response. the bookies odds are all based on recency effect and they're often completely way off on Strictly, although I think with Joe they'll be bang on the money myself

I found her clumpy too and ( sorry I have no other way to say it ) very wide legged .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I loved Alexandra and thought she deserved a higher score.

Craig would want to use that 10 paddle soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Joe amd katya should have got 40....i rewound it 4 times to watch.

Im past debbie at this point....ballet legs out again, itll be a shock now if she doesnt do that in all her dances.

They were hard on gemma, undermarked.

I love hayleys singing.....so versatile

Advertisement