Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Joe and Debbie for the final for me (I've never been a huge Debbie fan but she won me over tonight). Molly or Gemma to go tonight. I think Molly was a bit better than Gemma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

jr86 wrote: »
    Well it was probably an immediate reaction to him topping leaderboard last week. I posted about him being favourite a few days before your response.

I know, I know. :o:o

I would have looked at and posted the markets earlier, but - again - other commitments got in the way.

In any case, I certainly didn't disbelieve you when you said Joe was sole favourite. If you got the impression that I did, I can only apologise. :o:)
    The bookies odds are all based on recency effect and they're often completely way off on Strictly, although I think with Joe they'll be bang on the money myself

Oh, there's no doubt they can be way off. But it's always fun looking at and commenting on them. :D;)

Those who bet on Aston going when he did must have been very happy... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I suppose it only becomes sticky really if Joe ends up in the bottom two with Alexandra or Debbie. Imagine if Debbie and Alexandra were both in the dance off. ������

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Cateym wrote:
    I suppose it only becomes sticky really if Joe ends up in the bottom two with Alexandra or Debbie. Imagine if Debbie and Alexandra were both in the dance off.

That's my guess!
    It'll be an interesting result this week.
    Has Davood been in dance-off yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I know Debbie was really, really good tonight, but god I’m just bored of her! All her dances just look the same at this stage. I didn’t like Alex at all tonight, thought it was slow and clunky and didn’t flow at all. I only started to like it when the tempo sped up st the end. She’s an athletic woman, why did they slow that song down so much for her? Would have been so much better if it was the faster speed all the way through. It just looked like a series of athletic lifts rather than a dance.

The camera work on Gemma was terrible, I could barely see her footwork for a good chunk of it. I thought Davood was poor, the start looked messy to me and there looked be a good few errors. I think he, Gemma and Mollie could be in trouble.

Joe, wow, that dance was amazing. When I heard the music, I thought it was going to be a disaster, but it was such a brilliant dance. Katya is a fantastic choreographer. I think he was undermarked compared to Alex and Debbie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I know, I know. :o:o

I would have looked at and posted the markets earlier, but - again - other commitments got in the way.

In any case, I certainly didn't disbelieve you when you said Joe was sole favourite. If you got the impression that I did, I can only apologise. :o:)

Oh, there's no doubt they can be way off. But it's always fun looking at and commenting on them. :D;)

Those who bet on Aston going when he did must have been very happy... :D;)
    Oh no not at all don't worry I was more commenting on how the odds can change even during the one week. Exactly, while they can be way off it's always good fun to keep an eye on them :)

Debbie being joint favourite seems mad to me. Id give Alexandra a better chance tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Cateym wrote: »
    I suppose it only becomes sticky really if Joe ends up in the bottom two with Alexandra or Debbie. Imagine if Debbie and Alexandra were both in the dance off. ������

The one worry would be if public think joe is safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I couldn't see half of Gemma's dance , backing dancers were probably there so we wouldn't see how bad it was !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You do know the BBC never releases the voting figures... right?

For all we know, Gemma might have narrowly avoided the DO on at least one occasion...

:o;)

True they never release the figures but Gemma has bounced up and down the leaderboard and still hasn't been in the DO. Alexandra and Debbie have managed to end up in it so it just makes sense that Gemma is pulling in loads more votes than some of the other contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Long time lurker here, I enjoy all the observations but don't usually comment, however...

I loved Joe's samba and agree 100% that Katya's choreography is superb, it gives them an edge over some of the other couples.

Not a fan of Alexandra, her "honoured to close the show" comments were truly cringeworthy but I also think that her costume did her no favours. It was very unflattering and the boots added to the clumpiness. I was surprised when she got such a high score.

Gemma is one of my favourites and I was really hoping she would shine this week. Am worried for her now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Catching up after missing the last two shows.... sad to see Susan go but it was most definitely her time - she never ceased to surprise me with how light she was on her feet, and literally as soon as she could introduce some comedy element into her dance, she just shone! Think she did brilliantly.

Loved Molly's Grease dance - not sure why Darcy was looking for raunchy, the innocence is the whole point of that song! Thought Molly played it brilliantly, and loved it (and I HATE the rumba!)

What utterly bizarre music to give Joe and Katya for a samba :confused: :eek: I've paused before the comments and am trying to guess if they'll be brilliant or scathing (brilliant, I'm guessing). They're dressed like they should be doing a charleston, the music suggests..... well, I'm not sure what it suggests, tbh, but the last thing it says to me is samba! Despite all my puzzlement, I really loved it though! (and REALLY loved his QS last week, totally deserved to be top of the leaderboard)

Awww, despite the fact that I can't really stand her, I loved Debbie and Giovanni's AS!

That neck lift :eek: and all those spins - I was dizzy watching the bloody thing, never mind dancing it :eek:

Completely unconvinced by Davood/Nadiya's Argentine tango.... I wonder is that her first time dancing it as well? She seems just too tall for it, and didn't think it went very well for either of them.

Still a great effort for a novice though!

Jeepers, that was some pile of pasta Alexandra served up to Gorka :eek:

In other news, OMFG he's utterly gorgeous :o

Back on topic.... hmmm, their charleston? She too just seems to be too big for it somehow! There was a kind of a clumpiness to it, but by golly she can fairly swivel her feet. You can see how incredibly fit she must be, it was more like a gymnastics routine than a dance! Can't decide if I liked it or not, may have to go back and watch it again!

Well there have been some very forgettable shows this series - but that was a humdinger! I love musicals week, but this one outdid itself - I think I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the whole show again!

Having watched Joe and Katya's samba again, I'm going to declare it the dance of the series for me - he was really just brilliant, both in acting and the dancing.

Will not be erasing this one for a while :D

368100 wrote: »
    Joe amd katya should have got 40....i rewound it 4 times to watch.

Im past debbie at this point....ballet legs out again, itll be a shock now if she doesnt do that in all her dances.

They were hard on gemma, undermarked.

I love hayleys singing.....so versatile
    +1 to all of this.

(I'm on my fifth rewatch and counting :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well there have been some very forgettable shows this series - but that was a humdinger! I love musicals week, but this one outdid itself - I think I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the whole show again!

Having watched Joe and Katya's samba again, I'm going to declare it the dance of the series for me - he was really just brilliant, both in acting and the dancing.

Will not be erasing this one for a while :D

Joe and Katya samba is definitely my favourite this year too . I shouted a WOW ! Joe got the MC to a tee and they got the whole Caberet mood so right

I feel the same about Debbie , same old same old leg outstretched , straight legs and twirly lifts

Who let Claudia, Shirley and Darcy out in those clashing shades of red and pink???

Tess's dress tonight reminds me of tennis tops my hero Ivan Lendl used to wear back in the 1980's :eek:

LOL @ Molly's reaction!

But

:eek:

• Advertisement

LOL Alexandra’s reaction!!”

Oh good man Craig, make the girl cry before the dance-off :rolleyes:

Go Mollie !! Go Joe !! Go Gemma !!

And how stupid of Craig to rattle Alexandra with mentioning her mother ? How would that help anyone

So is there actually something going on between Mollie and AJ???

(I've been out of the continent for the last 10 days in my defence)

Unless Davood pulls off a miracle I fear this will be curtains for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I feel Davood is gone

Davood stilll shifting around on his feet - don't think that'll get him through.....

Although, is the charleston a more forgiving dance for a dance-off situation?

Alexandras boots are partially to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

So one of Debbie or Alaxandra will make the final, and be eliminated first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Just watching Alexandra's dance. It doesn't flow. The choreography is stoppy starty in places but she of course is going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Cateym wrote: »
    Just watching Alexandra's dance. It doesn't flow. The choreography is stoppy starty in places but she of course is going through.

Great dancer, very unlikeable and really hope she doesn't win it.

Advertisement