Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh no not watching, going mad that Davood is in the bottom two

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I hate the gushy bits

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah here Davood nearly had me in tears here

Alex for the win :D I know how much you all love her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How many times has Tess mentioned now that Davood is a novice dancer?

Sorry to see him gone tbh - I think he was a stronger dancer in general than Mollie or Gemma, but the Argentine tango is a dance you just can't hide behind.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How many times has Tess mentioned now that Davood is a novice dancer?

Sorry to see him gone tbh - I think he was a stronger dancer in general than Mollie or Gemma, but the Argentine tango is a dance you just can't hide behind.

He did dance it much better in the danceoff. Sorry to see him go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Sorry to see him go, but I thought he was poor last night. I think based on last night alone, then I think it was the right decision. Though Gemma was equally bad in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Tess's dress tonight reminds me of tennis tops my hero Ivan Lendl used to wear back in the 1980's :eek:

I thought Claudia's looked like the remnants of a table cloth given to her as a present by Russell Grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Jeez, certainly didn't see Alexandra being in the Bottom 2 again!

In bottom 2 last week (so no chance of complacency among her following; and a rebound vote), in pimp slot this week, given a 39 by judges and yet still in the bottom 2 again, she seems well out of favour with the public.

Unless it's Debbie in bottom 2 next week though, she'll be in the final however.

It seems a two horse race between Joe and Debbie now but I can't see Debbie getting near the same support. I wouldn't totally rule out Gemma though. Mollie is on borrowed time tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

So is there actually something going on between Mollie and AJ???

As another poster alluded to - and I tend to agree with them - it's probably a publicity stunt more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Joe for the win eh?!!😜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

jr86 wrote: »
    As another poster alluded to - and I tend to agree with them - it's probably a publicity stunt more than anything.

They categorically denied it on this morning the other day......doesn't make much odds anyway, she should be next to go

What's going on with Karen and Kevin? She's dating an accountant ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    What's going on with Karen and Kevin? She's dating an accountant ?

Where did you see that?

Edit: I see its all over the usual rags.

Very odd sort of publicity for them to be wanting if that's what it is.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Very odd sort of publicity for them to be wanting if that's what it is.

I could have sworn I saw them kiss during one of the dances last night.....no smoke without fire though i guess.

Wrong time for it to happen when media will scrutinise anything. Reported as a rocky few weeks but obviously something not right for a while. I always thought it was an odd pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

This weekend dances and music. Two dances each.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/938117955627503616

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Looking forward to Joe and Katya's dances, she's such a good choreographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Gemma might very well struggle with the Rumba.
    Also, I reckon Debbie is going to have problems with the Jive.
    It would actually be quite amusing if Alexandra and Debbie both ended up in the dance-off!!!
    That would really shake up the odds among the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heroditas wrote: »
    Gemma might very well struggle with the Rumba.
    Also, I reckon Debbie is going to have problems with the Jive.
    It would actually be quite amusing if Alexandra and Debbie both ended up in the dance-off!!!
    That would really shake up the odds among the bookies.

Noooo not Gorka

Came across the recording of last week's show on my Sky box just now, and cannot stop rewinding and replaying Joe/Katya's dance!

• Advertisement

Came across the recording of last week's show on my Sky box just now, and cannot stop rewinding and replaying Joe/Katya's dance!
    Katyas choreography is amazing. Very adventurous and great to watch.

Katyas choreography is amazing. Very adventurous and great to watch.
    I agree, but I'm just completely mesmerised by that one in particular!

Me too....watching it all week.

In other news....
    ITT tonight...debbie put the midriff away...you're not 15.

Can’t wait to see Joe and Katya’s AT. Gemma has two very tough dances with a tango and rhumba, she could be in real trouble. Is it one or two that leave the competition this week?

ncmc wrote: »
    Can’t wait to see Joe and Katya’s AT. Gemma has two very tough dances with a tango and rhumba, she could be in real trouble. Is it one or two that leave the competition this week?

5 left so 1....they usually have 4 in final but didn't last year due to will Young quitting

That’s what had me confused. I thought it was 4 previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Cannot wait to see J&K's AT. Footage from training on ITT looked fab. He's got two great dances this week that should suit him. I really, really want him to get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

ncmc wrote: »

This year's competition seemed a bit dull in the earlier weeks, but I really feel the excitement starting to build now. :D

Gemma's paso was one of her strongest dances so I'm hoping she can channel some of that into the tango. I have a real soft spot for her and Aljaz, she has come such a long way, but she and Mollie are up against stronger dancers. This week will be very challenging for them.

Joe and Katya have set the bar so high with that samba, there will be high expectation on them to maintain that standard this week. If they do, we are in for a stunning semi-final! I will be gutted if we get another upset and they don't make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

368100 wrote: »
    5 left so 1....they usually have 4 in final but didn't last year due to will Young quitting

There is usually three couples in the final week so I think two couple will go this week.

In series 4, 5, and 7 there was only two couples in the final.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Still sulking over Danny Mac not winning
    Danny Mac was robbed

Advertisement