Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Still sulking over Danny Mac not winning
    Danny Mac was robbed

Totally agree. Imo, he was the best dancer on SCD ... and I didn't really want him to win in the beginning. I love his Magdalena dance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

There is usually three couples in the final week so I think two couple will go this week.

In series 4, 5, and 7 there was only two couples in the final.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing

I was thinking 3 in the final as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Still sulking over Danny Mac not winning
    Danny Mac was robbed

I agree, I liked Ore, he had a great journey from novice to wonderful dancer, but Danny was a world apart. I still watch his samba!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dammit, other commitments have once again prevented me from posting the following until now... :o:o

I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices that Joe is now the last remaining male celeb. And I *have* suggested more often that not that they may be pushing for a female winner this year. :o;)

It's highly unlikely, though, that we'll have an all-female final like in 2013. The only way for that to happen would be for Joe to be in the DO with Debbie or Alexandra... but for him to be in the DO in the first place, he'd have to mess up real bad or his fans would have to desert him, neither of which I think many people can see happening. ;)

Indeed, not only is he currently the outright favourite - but he's almost at evens, and there's a bit of clear water between him and Debbie. Could he even be odds-on after this week? :D;)

Paddy Power: Joe 11/10, Debbie 7/4, Alexandra 7/1, Gemma 7/1, Mollie 8/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Joe 11/10, Debbie 7/4, Alexandra 8/1, Gemma 10/1, Mollie 12/1
    William Hill: Joe 11/10, Debbie 7/4, Alexandra 7/1, Gemma 8/1, Mollie 8/1

One has to feel that Alexandra is out of contention now after being in the last two DOs. ;) But, as jr86 said a few days ago, she'll be in the final unless Debbie is in the bottom two with her.

Either Gemma or Mollie will be in the final too, assuming that it'll have four in it (there hasn't been a double elimination since 2011). But for *both* of them to make it, there'd have to be a shock - like, for instance, the scenario I mentioned in the second sentence of the third paragraph of this post... :o;)

(Once again, no sexism intended at any point in this post. Just my observations and nothing more. :);))

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ore ........😡

Danny Mac was robbed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Oh the big crying head on Alexandra. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Ore ........😡

Danny Mac was robbed .

I agree Ore was great but Danny deserved to win. And I'm still not over that

30 seconds into Alexandra's VT and the "tears" were beginning. We are sick of it love enough with the fake tears. I hope her and Debbie are in the bottom 2 so only 1 of them gets to the final. And I like Alexandra less than Debbie so hope she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

As they say...."It's down to the short strokes now...."

I think it's wide open....

• Administrators Posts: 14,081 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'm only after switching on so just about saw the judges comments. Alexandra seems to have toned down the fake shock at good comments. Has she been reading the thread?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Didn't think that was a 39. Needed more in hold for me.

Loved Joe and Katya's AS!! So elegant!

RosyLily wrote: »
    Didn't think that was a 39. Needed more in hold for me.

I agree. Lots of her walking backwards with her hand outstretched.

4 from Craig and then 6 from the rest ?!
    It was very awkward dance not at all smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Earlier weeks would suggest that Mollie and AJ are quite popular...I can see that trend continuing..even though it was a weak Salsa.

Hopefully their waltz will be better..

I hate Craig for dragging the mood down and spoiling the feel good Saturday night show

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Only in from work now and just got the end of Gemma's rhumba, Alijaz is looking tasty :D

I can't put my finger on it but there was something very off about her posture and legs in the jive.

Debbie didn't look great tonight at all 6s or 7s for me but no doubt the judges will overmark her because they love her

Cateym wrote: »
    I can't put my finger on it but there was something very off about her posture and legs in the jive.

Straight legs and lack of flicks . Thought it was very stiff

Cateym wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing!! Something off about it....she looked stooped over a bit as well, looked uncomfortable to me.

Was distracted by the dress as well....looked frumpy on her imo.

• Advertisement

WTF ARE THE 3 JUDGES ON ?! THAT WAS NEVER A 9

kopite386 wrote: »
    WTF ARE THE 3 JUDGES ON ?! THAT WAS NEVER A 9

Definitely not . Flicks were lame and kicks were stiff

Craig bang on the money for Debbie. Never felt so indignant at their over-marking as I do tonight.

Absolutely brilliant 8s and 9s for me as there was a small mistake but that 'lift' from Katya, she has some core strength

Holy CRAP THAT LIFT!!!! WOW!!! Such a shame about that wobble at the beginning but a strong finish.

Such a pity they had the blip otherwise it would've be 9 10 10 10

Now excuse me while I mute Alexandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I thought Joe's dance deserved higher marks even with the blip as it was some finish

Gorka time :D

• Administrators Posts: 14,081 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Why doesn't Craig ever comment on her facial expressions? She puts Judge Rinder in the ha'penny place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

There is usually three couples in the final week so I think two couple will go this week.

In series 4, 5, and 7 there was only two couples in the final.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Come_Dancing

Not lately, maybe at the start

Advertisement