Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Call me Al wrote: »
    Debbie had a fairly lacklustre jive, but a good second dance.
    Sometimes I think she is a bit too dainty in her movements which is fine for ballroom but not so good for anything fast.

Very true. I had a group of friends over watching last night and there was something about her jive that wasn't right and we couldn't figure it out. Everything was there but it didn't sit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Just catching up now, thought Mollie’s samba was terrible, her roll was shocking. I liked both of Joe’s dances, the choreography of the AT was fab. Debbie’s jive was massively over marked, her leg was far too straight, her kicks weren’t sharp enough and I thought she showed signs of fatigue towards the end. Alexandra’s salsa was amazing! Not a fan of hers but she did really well last night.

I must say the costumes were fab last night, Katya’s first dress was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Very true. I had a group of friends over watching last night and there was something about her jive that wasn't right and we couldn't figure it out. Everything was there but it didn't sit right.

That's why her Argentine tango was great. It requires a great deal of fine detail 're foot placement. The dainty precision suits her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Claudia looks like a musical instrument tonight

😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Are we watching?

Alex for the win :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Are we watching?

Alex for the win :D

Watching !! Joe and Katya for me

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Watching !! Joe and Katya for me

We’re nearly there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Joe and Katya all the way!

Craig makes me mute my teli . Such a fake attention seeker

• Advertisement

Oohh I like both these ladies, don’t want any of them to go

Mollie had a beautiful dance sorry to see her go :(

Awww . I loved Mollie and AJ . And such a gracious few words from Mollie

I'll miss Mollie. At the beginning I thought she was just too saccharin sweet but her positivity and genuineness really have grown on me.

And was I the only one glad not to see Alexemdra with the teddy bear again?
    Whose dances are we looking forward to seeing? For me it's Joe and Alexandra...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

So so so glad that Joe got through.His my favourite to win.

I like Gemma as a person but Im meh about her dancing. Though both did well in the dance off they've no real chance of winning so I doubt it mattered either way.

I'd say Alexandra's show dance will be amazing. Hope she choses Proud Mary to do again.I loved watching that 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Joe for the win. Hasn't been in the dance off yet and also they're a bloody good pair.
    Hopefully Alexandra gets voted off first

Looking forward to see what Katja has planned for Joe's show dance !

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Looking forward to see what Katja has planned for Joe's show dance !

Love her choreography. Very adventurous. And he’s got a lovely smile and giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, I tell you what - having avoided the spoiler, that genuinely felt like an anticlimax... :o

I did expect either Gemma or Mollie to go - and I would have been leaning towards Mollie, too.

But I honestly didn't think *both* of them would be in the DO. I thought there was more chance of Alexandra being in it again, having been in the last two - and I didn't rule out Debbie being in it, either.

Mind you, I did suggest last week that Gemma might have narrowly avoided the DO on at least one occasion. And, of course, Mollie was in it twice before tonight.

I also suggested yesterday that Joe could be odds-on to win after tonight. Well, I'm right... :D:D;)

Paddy Power: Joe 4/6, Debbie 11/5, Alexandra 11/2, Gemma 10/1
    Ladbrokes, Coral: Joe 4/6, Debbie 5/2, Alexandra 6/1, Gemma 14/1
    William Hill: Joe 4/6, Debbie 9/4, Alexandra 6/1, Gemma 10/1
    Heroditas wrote: »
    Joe for the win. Hasn't been in the dance off yet and also they're a bloody good pair.

And won't be in it at all now. It's all in the hands of the UK public from here on. :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't think the judges were ever keen on Mollie so I'm not surprised she got sent off tonight.

• Advertisement

I don't think the judges were ever keen on Mollie so I'm not surprised she got sent off tonight.

Craig doesn't like the pretty young things . He gushes over people like Lisa Riley and Judge Rinder and Alison Hammond , the jazz hands / show business OTT types

I think it was a fair result tonight. Mollie is well behind the rest of the pack and I think it was her time to go. While I thought her and Gemma were pretty evenly matched in the DO, overall Gemma has been the stronger dancer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Craig doesn't like the pretty young things . He gushes over people like Lisa Riley and Judge Rinder and Alison Hammond , the jazz hands / show business OTT types

Really? I remember Judge Rinder and Craig making a few snipes at each other?

I wonder did Giovanni going full throttle in the jive make Debbie look like she was flagging. If he'd taken the energy down a notch, would she have looked better?

Really? I remember Judge Rinder and Craig making a few snipes at each other?

I wonder did Giovanni going full throttle in the jive make Debbie look like she was flagging. If he'd taken the energy down a notch, would she have looked better?

No I don't think so. She just didn't have the kick and sparky reflexes I think you need in a good jive. I'm not wanting to be ageist (I'm closer myself in age to Debbie than Mollie :-( ) but I think while she is an excellent dancer, her age, as opposed to her dancing skills, showed through slightly in some of her movements in this dance.
    Giovanni is like the cat that got the cream and rightfully so :-) He's done well despite the odds. Not many older dancers get this far based purely on dancing ability, and not the novelty factor they or their pro bring to the competition. Hats off to them both.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

No I don't think so. She just didn't have the kick and sparky reflexes I think you need in a good jive. I'm not wanting to be ageist (I'm closer myself in age to Debbie than Mollie :-( ) but I think while she is an excellent dancer, her age, as opposed to her dancing skills, showed through slightly in some of her movements in this dance.
    Giovanni is like the cat that got the cream and rightfully so :-) He's done well despite the odds. Not many older dancers get this far based purely on dancing ability, and not the novelty factor they or their pro bring to the competition. Hats off to them both.

Absolutely hats off to them both. They've done fantastically well. It's just Giovanni looked like he was in full on dance comp more akin with a partner of equal footing. If he'd taken the energy level down a notch, would she have coped better?

I worry sometimes that he will break her. Particularly musicals week when she was injured and asked him to do one lift and he told he no, there'd be two lifts, in the end I think there were 3? It worked (for me anyhow) I loved that routine. But I wouldn't be surprised if after the series finishes, there's a 'How Giovanni worked me too hard' type tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watching the results show now, having watched the actual dancing show in fits and starts over the last few days.

A few observations - poor Mollie's samba being show directly after Alexandra's in the snippets at the end of the full show can't have done her any favours :eek:

As much as I can't stand her, Alexandra's really was a masterclass in how to party!!

Debbie (over)playing the age card the last few weeks has started to get on my wick a bit.

HOLY **** to that cantilever "lift" in Joe and Katya's dance :eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure whose abs would have been closer to bursting, I was severely impressed! (interesting to see Joe fall off sideways in the rehearsal!)

Hoping against hope for Joe and Gemma to get into the final - I don't care who of Alexandra and Debbie gets dropped (I don't honestly think Mollie has a chance).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, it's the chats before the danceoff, and I think I'll have to cut Debbie some slack - I thought she was going to pull the age trick again, or tears, or both - but fair play to her, "I've got my sparkle back" - can't be easy having lost your husband of lord knows how many years, and she really looks like she's loved doing Strictly.

Still rooting for Joe though :D

Well they kept her in over Aston. There was some favouritism there.

Absolutely hats off to them both. They've done fantastically well. It's just Giovanni looked like he was in full on dance comp more akin with a partner of equal footing. If he'd taken the energy level down a notch, would she have coped better?

I worry sometimes that he will break her. Particularly musicals week when she was injured and asked him to do one lift and he told he no, there'd be two lifts, in the end I think there were 3? It worked (for me anyhow) I loved that routine. But I wouldn't be surprised if after the series finishes, there's a 'How Giovanni worked me too hard' type tell all

In the rehearsal videos you could see how careful he was being of her injury, Debbie was not at all pressurised and nor would she do a tell all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They were right not to be. She was shite, in fairness.

Advertisement