Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    They were right not to be. She was shite, in fairness.

Her waltz was beautiful the other night . I loved it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A few observations - poor Mollie's samba being show directly after Alexandra's in the snippets at the end of the full show can't have done her any favours :eek:

As much as I can't stand her, Alexandra's really was a masterclass in how to party!!

I think Alexandra did a salsa not a samba - but it goes to show how similar those dances can look.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

I don't think it was favouritism that kept Mollie in over Aston in week 7. He was a great dancer and could have been a finalist but his Viennese waltz that week was awful! Everything about it including Janette's choreography let him down.

I was sad to see Mollie go on Sunday, but her time was definitely up. That samba was very weak - way below the standard needed at this point. I think AJ should have dropped the samba rolls from the routine, they just highlighted the lack of technique. I loved her waltz though, and was so relieved that she managed to turn in such a good performance in the dance off. She could leave with her head held high.

Joe and Katya's Tango was amazing. Thanks Heidi Heidi for the term "cantilever lift", I was trying to describe it to someone and couldn't find the words. It's so rare to see a completely new move in a routine after all these years, I was really impressed! Shame he lost balance early on, I agree that it could have been a 39 or even a 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ore idolises himself . I still can't believe Chris Hollings won and I had sort of forgotten about forgetful Tom Chambers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I don't think it was favouritism that kept Mollie in over Aston in week 7. He was a great dancer and could have been a finalist but his Viennese waltz that week was awful! Everything about it including Janette's choreography let him down.

I was sad to see Mollie go on Sunday, but her time was definitely up. That samba was very weak - way below the standard needed at this point. I think AJ should have dropped the samba rolls from the routine, they just highlighted the lack of technique. I loved her waltz though, and was so relieved that she managed to turn in such a good performance in the dance off. She could leave with her head held high.

Joe and Katya's Tango was amazing. Thanks Heidi Heidi for the term "cantilever lift", I was trying to describe it to someone and couldn't find the words. It's so rare to see a completely new move in a routine after all these years, I was really impressed! Shame he lost balance early on, I agree that it could have been a 39 or even a 40.

I saw some footage of mollie and aj training for samba and the samba rolls were much much better so it was probably neraves that hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

368100 wrote: »
    I saw some footage of mollie and aj training for samba and the samba rolls were much much better so it was probably neraves that hit
    She did seem to be almost paralysed by nerves the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

368100 wrote: »

That makes sense, AJ would have known better than to let her go ahead with the samba rolls if she had executed them that badly in rehearsal. She mentioned to Zoe yesterday that the nerves had been a big challenge at the weekend. I was irritated by Darcey's critique after Mollie and AJ's waltz first time round. She mentioned that Mollie's nerves were showing and I thought "Do you wonder? You all tore strips off her less than an hour ago!" She did well to hold it together for the dance off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

The songs and dances have been announced.

Debbie & G will be dancing the Salsa
    Joe & Katya - VW
    Alex & G - American Smooth
    Gemma & A - PD

Good dance for Joe. It was great the first time round. Nothing really jumps out for the showdances apart from Debbie's. It'll be all lifts and splits.

Cateym wrote: »

Joe & Katya - VW
    Gemma & A - PD

Good dance for Joe. It was great the first time round. Nothing really jumps out for the showdances apart from Debbie's. It'll be all lifts and splits.
    Are they the judges' or contestants' choices? Don't they get given a dance to do, pick one themselves, and have a showdance?

Cateym wrote: »

Joe & Katya - VW
    Gemma & A - PD

Good dance for Gemma too. Roll on Saturday!

• Advertisement

Are they the judges' or contestants' choices? Don't they get given a dance to do, pick one themselves, and have a showdance?

Yup they get a judges choice, their own choice and then showdance. I think one is eliminated before showdance so we only see 3. I don't know if these are judges or their own choices....I suspect judges as I'd say alexandra and gorka will pick proud Mary to do again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Why the heck did the judges pick the salsa for Debbie?
    Also, the showdance changes all the time. Sometimes it's been the last dance, other times it's been the second dance.
    Again, don't they sometimes eliminate the 4th person after the first or second dance? The format has never really been set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

As explained on ITT everyone gets to show their showdance on Saturday !

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    As explained on ITT everyone gets to show their showdance on Saturday !
    Is that a new thing? I'm sure I remember thinking "what a terrible waste of all that choreography and training" before when someone got voted off after the first dances!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Is that a new thing? I'm sure I remember thinking "what a terrible waste of all that choreography and training" before when someone got voted off after the first dances!

It's changed from year to year. Sometimes it was the last dance, sometimes they did the show dance before someone was eliminated on the final night.
    They've chopped and changed Final Night nearly every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I kinda liked when a couple was eliminated on the night. Added to the tension imo. I agree that all couples should be able to do their showdance...never made sense for all that work to go unseen. Maybe they'll do judges choice, SD then their favourite.

I'm intrigued by Joe and Katya's SD. They're dancing to "You Make my Dreams." Wasn't expecting that song choice (thought they'd go old Hollywood style) so I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Katya is a Latin and ballroom champion of so it makes sense that she stays away from the old Hollywood style Joanne used in Oré's showdance last year and was fabulous. Alexandra seems to be going similar with her showdance to there's no business like show business.

I'd say the showdances are getting more contemporary though, like Aliona and Jay's and Pasha's and Carolines dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone see ITT today? Gorka and Alex were on and it was brought up about how emotional it would be to dance to together for the last time and while he cooed along with it be clearly rolled his eyes and have a very distinctly wry look to the camera. He seems like he really does not like Alex.

Anyone see ITT today? Gorka and Alex were on and it was brought up about how emotional it would be to dance to together for the last time and while he cooed along with it be clearly rolled his eyes and have a very distinctly wry look to the camera. He seems like he really does not like Alex.

I’ve thought that more than once.

What is it with men shaving/waxing their chests? Give me the monkey look any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Anyone see ITT today? Gorka and Alex were on and it was brought up about how emotional it would be to dance to together for the last time and while he cooed along with it be clearly rolled his eyes and have a very distinctly wry look to the camera. He seems like he really does not like Alex.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just watched Joe and Katya's Argentine Tango again and it's such a shame he had that slip because it was worthy of 10's. The choreography was quite technical and Joe managed it very well. At one stage they were spinning while performing ganchos. Very impressive.

Are the dances not announced yet? Joe and katya on ITT wouldn't say which dance was their own choice but it can only be the samba!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone see ITT today? Gorka and Alex were on and it was brought up about how emotional it would be to dance to together for the last time and while he cooed along with it be clearly rolled his eyes and have a very distinctly wry look to the camera. He seems like he really does not like Alex.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone???

Me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Digital Spy isn't the first site I'd go to for Strictly news, despite it being right on this occasion. :o:o:o

More often than not, it can be as bad as the tabloids. I mean, Ann Widdecombe should have won in 2010? Really?!?!? :eek: :eek: And John Sergeant should have won in 2008, even though he quit for a good reason?!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/feature/a845416/strictly-come-dancing-celebs-who-should-have-won/

I don't disrespect anyone who visits DS regularly, mind. Just as I don't disrespect anyone who usually gets their news from the Daily Mail, the Sun and the like. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So if they're all dancing three dances this year, does this mean we'll have three runners-up?

I have to admit, that doesn't feel right. I can tolerate having two RUs, but I'm not so sure about three. What if the actual second-placed couple received double the votes of the fourth-placed couple? :o

Since the voting figures are never released, I do wonder what happens to them afterwards. Are they locked away somewhere - or even destroyed?

Jeepers, just turned on ITT, they were talking to a (clearly) a few past contestants, didn't really recognise them - to my horror they turned out to be this year's early evictees :eek:

Chizzy was fairly hard to mistake, in fairness (although if I hadn't heard her name I'm not sure I'd have known her), but Johnny Peacock with his hair chopped, and that TV news girl had me completely stumped - and I still don't know who the first fella on the left was :o

Either they were a very eminently forgettable bunch, or I need to pay a LOT more attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Jeepers, just turned on ITT, they were talking to a (clearly) a few past contestants, didn't really recognise them - to my horror they turned out to be this year's early evictees :eek:

Chizzy was fairly hard to mistake, in fairness (although if I hadn't heard her name I'm not sure I'd have known her), but Johnny Peacock with his hair chopped, and that TV news girl had me completely stumped - and I still don't know who the first fella on the left was :o

Either they were a very eminently forgettable bunch, or I need to pay a LOT more attention!
    Dont worry I did the same just now while watching itt. Couldn't remember news reader at all

Eamon's wife :eek: :D

• Advertisement

Uugh..... normally I love to see someone doing fantastically well on Strictly, but watching the summary of Alexandra's series just makes me want to switch channel.

What is it about her? Or is it me?

Advertisement