Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, when did Zoe and AN other (was it Joe???) do THAT lift on ITT?

Want to watch that back properly!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oooh, when did Zoe and AN other (was it Joe???) do THAT lift on ITT?

Want to watch that back properly!

I think it was Ian Waite she did it with.

I think it was Ian Waite she did it with.
    That would make sense.

Any idea what day that was?

That would make sense.

Any idea what day that was?

I think yesterday or Wednesday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Pretty sure it was Wednesday

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Yep, found it thanks!

Impressive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Uugh..... normally I love to see someone doing fantastically well on Strictly, but watching the summary of Alexandra's series just makes me want to switch channel.

What is it about her? Or is it me?

I actually felt really sorry for her tonight .,Her family all there to give support and the huge gaping hole left by her Mum was really obvious .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

For once I didn't feel sorry for her. This evening just epitomised the whole series. She could have just smiled and answered questions for once . The tears this evening will only make her loose votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    For once I didn't feel sorry for her. This evening just epitomised the whole series. She could have just smiled and answered questions for once . The tears this evening will only make her loose votes.

Wow
    Harsh!! They played the VT for her, it was obvious it was going to be difficult. Debbie cried at hers for similar reasons.

I do feel sorry for her. She actually did the first night where they were introduced on the evening her mum died. She just came for a short while and shot her stuff and went back to be her where she later died. I think you'd need a stoney heart not to feel for her.
    I have only watched the show and ITT, I havent read any social media stuff. I've no idea why people dislike her so much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Got to be a joe win tonight surely? :)

In reality it should be a two horse race but I just don't think Debbie will get the same public affection

I've got to say another novice winner will be a super result, imho of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Uugh..... normally I love to see someone doing fantastically well on Strictly, but watching the summary of Alexandra's series just makes me want to switch channel.

What is it about her? Or is it me?

Def not just you! People just have these traits that are difficult to warm to. In her case it's just this insincere vibe she has

Yeah sure technically it should be about the best dancer, but of course it'll be mainly a popularity competition which is only human nature really! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

She actually did the first night where they were introduced on the evening her mum died. She just came for a short while and shot her stuff and went back to be her where she later died.

I didn't know she did that and, if anything, it makes me believe her tears on the live shows are even more insincere.

My mother passed away earlier this year and nothing would have made me leave her in her final hours and days.

I didn't know she did that and, if anything, it makes me believe her tears on the live shows are even more insincere.

My mother passed away earlier this year and nothing would have made me leave her in her final hours and days.
    I am sorry for your loss and hope you are doing ok
    But not all of us are lucky to actually know they are the final hours or days . ?

Debbie cried too on ITT as did Gemma , I just think people should give Alexandra the benefit of the doubt and not be so harsh on someone who lost thier mum a few months ago . That clip of her family was lovely but it was really obvious she was missing her mums input and support

I am rooting for Joe tonight and am not a huge fan of Alexandras at all but she is a girl who has lost her mum and I will cut her some slack for being teary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I have serious amnesia about the final, is the winner announced tonight? Does that mean there’s only half an hour or so of voting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

ncmc wrote: »
    I have serious amnesia about the final, is the winner announced tonight? Does that mean there’s only half an hour or so of voting?

Yes it's all done tonight. The show is on from 6.30pm to 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

jr86 wrote: »
    Got to be a joe win tonight surely? :)

In reality it should be a two horse race but I just don't think Debbie will get the same public affection

I've got to say another novice winner will be a super result, imho of course

He's still 4/6 to win. :D:);)

It does look like the three couples that don't win will *all* be considered runners-up - especially with it being a single two-and-a-half-hour show, and all four couples dancing three dances. Also, last year's final was also a single show with every couple dancing three dances - although, of course, there were only three couples instead of four. ;)

Again, I can tolerate having two runners-up, as has been the case since 2012. But three is ever-so-slightly ridiculous, especially if the actual second-placed couple received considerably more votes than the fourth-placed couple... :o

But que sera sera.

Obviously, were Debbie to win, she'd be the oldest-ever winner by a considerable distance.

But in fact, Joe would be the oldest-ever winner too - he's four years older than Chris Hollins was when he won... :D;)

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42365614

(For the record, Caroline Flack is the oldest female winner, at 35. ;))

And here's another useless fact: we *still* haven't had a celeb winner from outside England. :eek: :eek: :D

We've had one from the North East, of course, as well as one from Yorkshire and one from Liverpool - but none from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or outside the UK.

That could very well change tonight, though - Joe will surely have most of Scotland behind him. ;)

And here's another useless fact: we *still* haven't had a celeb winner from outside England. :eek: :eek: :D

We've had one from the North East, of course, as well as one from Yorkshire and one from Liverpool - but none from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or outside the UK.

That could very well change tonight, though - Joe will surely have most of Scotland behind him. ;)

I am trying to think , was there actually ever a contender from outside the UK . ?

• Administrators Posts: 13,987 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I have only watched the show and ITT, I havent read any social media stuff. I've no idea why people dislike her so much at all.

I've only watched the main show. I don't think its much to do with Social Media. I disliked her before Strictly. She just comes across very insincere. She clearly knows she's a brilliant dancer, but seems to think she should be very modest. But her modesty comes across as very false. If she just thanked the judges without the fake-shock face every week she'd be more likeable.

She's just doesn't come across as a very likeable person. She could be the most genuine person in the world. But that's not the impression you get from watching her.

Others seem to take good comments graciously.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am trying to think , was there actually ever a contender from outside the UK . ?

Billy Connolly's wife finished third in 2010, and she's from Auckland.

And a certain singer from Donegal took part in 2015.

A Danish former goalkeeper has taken part (in 2006), as has a Czech-born Swiss tennis player (in 2009).

And there have been no less than three American celebs.

:):):);););)

A Danish former goalkeeper has taken part (in 2006), as has a Czech-born Swiss tennis player (in 2009).

DOH !!! Of course now I can see them all in all thier glory ! And a member of Westlife .

DOH !!! Of course now I can see them all in all thier glory ! And a member of Westlife .

Here we go !! So excited !

What have they let Claudia out in???

Dr Zhivago . Fabulous

I'm going to have to go out half way through :(

Will be able to pick it up again but I'll miss about 20 mins in the middle.... grrrrrr!

I'm going to have to go out half way through :(

Will be able to pick it up again but I'll miss about 20 mins in the middle.... grrrrrr!

Have you a Sky or Virgin box to pause and pick up again

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have you a Sky or Virgin box to pause and puck up again

I'll be tuning in again from elsewhere on the internet.... if i can make it work, that is, wasn't strong enough for Masterchef the other night!

• Advertisement

I'll be tuning in again from elsewhere on the internet.... if i can make it work, that is, wasn't strong enough for Masterchef the other night!

Oh watch the thread so !

Advertisement