Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Looks like Shirley only brought a 10 paddle with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Only in the door now and only got to watch Gemma and Aljaz and it was good but not great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

Looks like Shirley only brought a 10 paddle with her.
    Was thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Loved Joe and Katya ! Brilliant

Dissapointing from Joe, expected better tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

But you see, I don't see her as capable and confident. She's definitely capable, yet pretends to be shocked at others telling her she's capable. If she was capable and confident (which she no doubt is) then she would accept the compliments with a confidence rather than pretending to not expect them.

I don't think skin colour has anything to do with it.

Maybe not but I'd be voting on the dancing not some imagined complicated narrative in your head as to what she is really thinking! Methinks the Alex haters are looking for "acceptable" reasons to explain their dislike.

Maybe not but I'd be voting on the dancing not some imagined complicated narrative in your head as to what she is really thinking! Methinks the Alex haters are looking for "acceptable" reasons to explain their dislike.

Who hates her here ? No one has mentioned any such emotion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Joe and Katya's showdance my least favourite so far. The music was way too fast or something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I loved Joe's show dance. Loved the idea of it. That dress was so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Feel perfectly free to cast your vote based on the dancing - but don't start snapping at those who can't warm to her because of her personality.

Agree to disagree and all of that.

:o:o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

What first attracted professional dance teacher of ballet, to dance a ballet in the Strictly final?

• Administrators Posts: 14,083 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Methinks the Alex haters are looking for "acceptable" reasons to explain their dislike.

I've disliked her since before Strictly. And I have an acceptable reason to not like her. In my opinion she comes across as insincere. She's not someone I've warmed to. I actually liked her on X Factor. But I haven't liked her on anything since then!

There's a thread in after hours about people you inexplicably can't stand. I inexplicably can't stand Tamzin Outhwaite (I can't think of any "acceptable" reason to not like her. And I'm not looking for an "acceptable" reason to not like her - I just don't!!)

Only one 40 handed out so far. Last year they were being handed out for fun... ;)

Changing costumes and hairstyles in a relatively short space of time must be fairly hard work.

I never liked Alendras jive , just not light enough

Haters? :pac: no need to bring some weird racism narrative into it.

There's a thread in after hours about people you inexplicably can't stand. I inexplicably can't stand Tamzin Outhwaite (I can't think of any "acceptable" reason to not like her. And I'm not looking for an "acceptable" reason to not like her - I just don't!!)

I like Tamzin - but I certainly wouldn't have a go at you for not liking her, regardless whether or not you have an "acceptable" reason. :):)

And I certainly wouldn't snap at anyone who likes, ahem, Piers Morgan. :o:)

Theres another 40 for Alexandra

Theres another 40 for Alexandra

It's only her second 40 tonight. And no-one else has had one yet. :o:D;)

Managed to vote online !! All 6 for Joe and Katya

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Fab dance from Alexandra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

I hate Tess Daley

wpd wrote: »
    I hate Tess Daley

Fair enough. She *is* a bit of an acquired taste, as is Claudia. ;)

• Administrators Posts: 14,083 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't hate her.. but she's another one I can't warm to!!
    It obvious that she can only work off autocue. She can't do natural ad-lib at all

Debbies AT no way worth a 40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Just watched Alexander's jive. Incredible. I hope she wins. I know I have trumpeted Joe in the past but she's technically superior to anyone else on there.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Managed to vote online !! All 6 for Joe and Katya

I tried to vote, but it wouldn't let me. It said because i was outside UK

Debbies AT no way worth a 40

Well, the judges have no say in the vote now... :D;)

Well, the judges have no say in the vote now... :D;)

Yeah, but they should still do their jobs.

I tried to vote, but it wouldn't let me. It said because i was outside UK

VPN 😜

• Advertisement

ISTR that Denise van Outen and Lisa Snowdon were also brilliant dancers that the public had a hard time warming to, yet they still made the final.

Lisa, of course, lost to Tom Chambers in controversial circumstances... ;)

Advertisement