Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

laylag wrote: »
    Just once I would like to see Anton paired with someone young!

Two years ago, when Anton was paired with Katie Derham, we all wondered if he was about to leave the show - especially once he made it to the final for the first time.

We were wrong, of course. But he *is* 51 now, and surely can't a Strictly pro forever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Im surprised AJs professional partner hasnt been given a shot at a pairing....she did the xmas special and was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Love a birra Shania

anna080 wrote: »
    Love a birra Shania

Wow she's fairly changed, her singing was drowned out for most of that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

368100 wrote: »
    All the fake jumping about....cringe

The reason I started watching and then switched off. It's all SO fake.

First real competition night will do fine for me to find out the pairings (if I don't see them here first. And anyway, I've never heard of most of 'em!)

• Advertisement

Wow she's fairly changed

Looks wise? I think she looks incredible

Yeah i didnt mean bad.....just different.....wouldnt have said it was her if i hadnt been told and i used to listen to her a lot in her heyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm so excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

She looks all of her 52 years. NOT!!!!

Yeah i didnt mean bad.....just different.....wouldnt have said it was her if i hadnt been told and i used to listen to her a lot in her heyday.

When my dad was around he used to drop me to school with her tape blaring up to the max! I used to be morto but would kill for that now tbh!

• Advertisement

Awww Brucie :-(

Sir Bruce will never be forgotten

I cant have Alexandra Burke at all.....shes gonna annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I had to switch it off. Dunno why they bother with this pairing up show...just get to the dancing for gawds sake!

Mollie didn't look to impressed with her 12 year old partner

Have they less celebs this year? Neil jones not a main pro and no new male pros

No, it's still 15 celebs. :)

Good on Susan. Some people on social media really do have no life.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41195509

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Just finished watching it and I love it

The judge is good and she definitely has still got the moves.

Poor tess, that was very emotional. But also the most natural ive ever seen tess.

The tribute was good, especially to see how small the set started and what a product o on it is now. Also funny to see the fashions through the years.

Celebs from what I can remember
    Vicar, going to annoy me
    Debbie, actually surprised me and can move
    Gemma looked awkard and nervous
    Ruth not good
    Olympian hes nice and I hope he does well
    Mollie show off
    Brian connoly , well feel sorry for his partner
    Holby city , good
    Aston and janette thats a good pairing
    Breakfast ladie think she will be good

Cant remeber the others, just glad its back. I do want pasha or gorka to win though

Neil was never a main pro hes always been the main backstage choreographer

• Advertisement

Quick question is it on next week or is it 2 weeks time ???

Autosport wrote: »
    Quick question is it on next week or is it 2 weeks time ???

2 weeks time, 23 September.
    Ill be on night shift so be saving it till the next day

That's torture :( Im all hyped up for it and now I have to wait again :P

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Neil was never a main pro hes always been the main backstage choreographer

Oh....had it in my head he was last year for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I knew Anton would get Ruth. Ugh! I said it last year but he deserves the opportunity to dance with someone young like Claudia from last year. Stop giving him old ladies, it's not fair.

Why did Shirley Ballas get the head judge position already? Could see Craig glaring at everyone when the camera wasn't in his shot. I personally think they should have brought Arlene back, she'd give it a much needed energy.

The tribute to Brucie was good. Could see genuine emotion from Tess which makes a change. Claudia is so professional at presenting. Did anyone else think the cameras didn't really focus on footwork , even in the preofessional dances. I could barely see who the professionals were dancing with especially during the tribute.

Quite liking the Aston and Janette pairing. Couldn't quite see Charlottes dancing. Gemma is good but needs to work on her footwork and also needs to be careful not to peak too early. Had to laugh at Debbie saying she'd help Giovanni with his sense of humour. Simon Rimmer isn't going to let himself down too badly. He can move at least ! No idea why Chloe and Neil don't get celeb partners again especially with three new pros getting partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's an absolute joke that Neil and Chloe do not have partners when you have "dancers" like Janette and Karen taking part in the show. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Anyway, Shirley looks like they cloned a younger Arlene. I reckon she's going to be an excellent judge though. Someone will real dance pedigree as opposed to the other three judges.
    Brendan seems to have been given the mantle of Anton Mark II.
    Only two weeks until the first dances though.

Heroditas wrote: »
    It's an absolute joke that Neil and Chloe do not have partners when you have "dancers" like Janette and Karen taking part in the show. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Anyway, Shirley looks like they cloned a younger Arlene. I reckon she's going to be an excellent judge though. Someone will real dance pedigree as opposed to the other three judges.
    Brendan seems to have been given the mantle of Anton Mark II.
    Only two weeks until the first dances though.

I agree with all but one part of your post......are you really saying Darcy has no dance pedigree? Maybe not ballroom but many aspects of ballet are brought into ballroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I agree with all but one part of your post......are you really saying Darcy has no dance pedigree? Maybe not ballroom but many aspects of ballet are brought into ballroom.

She has ballet pedigree but some of her comments regarding the contestants have been downright laughable in the past.
    EDIT: even Len was a parody of his former self for the last few seasons.
    Also, I probably should have clarified that I meant Ballroom and Latin pedigree as opposed to just "pedigree".
    Bruno and Craig have plenty of dance pedigree as well.

Heroditas wrote: »
    She has ballet pedigree but some of her comments regarding the contestants have been downright laughable in the past.
    EDIT: even Len was a parody of his former self for the last few seasons.
    Also, I probably should have clarified that I meant Ballroom and Latin pedigree as opposed to just "pedigree".
    Bruno and Craig have plenty of dance pedigree as well.

I'd say the producers had a hand in that. Darcy used to give constructive technical feedback when she started but that's moved to swooning over the male eye candy....I suspect at an attempt at better entertainment value. They're all playing up to the characters set out for them.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I knew Anton would get Ruth. Ugh! I said it last year but he deserves the opportunity to dance with someone young like Claudia from last year. Stop giving him old ladies, it's not fair.

May as well do a rundown of the ladies he has previously been paired with, what age each lady was at the time, and how far they got... :o:D;)

Mid 2004: Lesley Garrett (age 49), eliminated in the semi
    Late 2004: Esther Rantzen (age 64), eliminated third
    2005: Patsy Palmer (age 33), eliminated the week before the semi
    2006: Jan Ravens (age 48), eliminated fifth (Jimmy Tarbuck withdrew beforehand)
    2007: Kate Garraway (age 40), eliminated seventh
    2008: Gillian Taylforth (age 53), eliminated second
    2009: Laila Rouass (age 38), eliminated the week before the semi (Jade Johnson withdrew beforehand)
    2010: Ann Widdecombe (age 63), eliminated the week before the semi
    2011: Nancy Dell'Olio (age 50), eliminated fourth
    2012: Jerry Hall (age 56), eliminated second (Johnny Ball, aged 74, was first)
    2013: Fiona Fullerton (age 57), eliminated in Blackpool
    2014: Judy Murray (age 55), eliminated in Blackpool
    2015: Katie Derham (age 45), finished 4th
    2016: Lesley Joseph (age 71), eliminated fourth (Will Young withdrew beforehand)

So only twice has he been paired with a lady aged under 40 - and, including this year, nine times has he been paired with a lady aged 50 or older (including three over 60).

And Katie has the rather dubious honour of being the only lady under 50 he has been paired with since 2009.

No sexism or ageism intended.

:o:D:);)

Advertisement