Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lisa was thoroughly unlikeable though.
    As for her showdance... awful :grin:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Heroditas wrote: »

Which one is Lisa?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Which one is Lisa?
    Have to say, Lisa was ok on SCD. Really thought Rachael came across well in that series-her showdance was meh if I recall correctly. I was disappointed with this series. Think Ireland’s DWTS will be hilarious-think I’ll be rooting for Erin as she seems gas. Marty, no doubt will be very popular. I saw a pro dance for DWTS on the LLS and felt it was terrible compared to SCD pro dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I'm glad Joe won. While Alexandra and Debbie were brilliant I just couldn't warm to them plus the fact they have previous dancing experience. The whole premise of the show is that it's amateur dancers and in the end the winner is who progressed the most. And in the end the most improved were Gemma and Joe.

Also while I'm delighted Joe won. I am still not over Danny Mac not winning last year. 1 year later but I keep bringing it up he should have won

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Which one is Lisa?

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

kopite386 wrote: »
    Also while I'm delighted Joe won. I am still not over Danny Mac not winning last year. 1 year later but I keep bringing it up he should have won

Me too ! Still in a huff !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

honeybear wrote: »
    Have to say, Lisa was ok on SCD. Really thought Rachael came across well in that series-her showdance was meh if I recall correctly. I was disappointed with this series. Think Ireland’s DWTS will be hilarious-think I’ll be rooting for Erin as she seems gas. Marty, no doubt will be very popular. I saw a pro dance for DWTS on the LLS and felt it was terrible compared to SCD pro dances.

Some of the pro dances on DWTS last year were superb though, mainly because the pros are proper Latin and Ballroom dancers and not ex members of Burn the Floor.

Oh my eyes !! Biggest WTF in Strictly history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

kopite386 wrote: »
    I'm glad Joe won. While Alexandra and Debbie were brilliant I just couldn't warm to them plus the fact they have previous dancing experience. The whole premise of the show is that it's amateur dancers and in the end the winner is who progressed the most. And in the end the most improved were Gemma and Joe.

James Jordan described it like this on twitter and I agree with him.

Alexandra was the best dancer.
    Debbie was the judges favourite.
    Joe was the publics favourite.
    And Gemma was the most improved dancer.

I'm sensing this will be Karen's last year on Strictly. She's gone as far as she can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that is worse than i remembered. All Brendans fault though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Kevin and Karen marriage rumours look to be true if going by tonight, she did group dance with pasha,,Kevin wasnt seen too much

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

368100 wrote: »
    Kevin and Karen marriage rumours look to be true if going by tonight, she did group dance with pasha,,Kevin wasnt seen too much

I noticed that. And it was herself and Pasha dancing with Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

who is dumping who and for who?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

leahyl wrote: »
    Well done Joe! One of the ones with no experience of dance and improved so much - delighted for him

Joe has loads of dance training - several west end shows!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.

who is dumping who and for who?

Don't know, they've admitted going through a rough patch and he apologised to her on the show when Susan was voted out for being hard to live with.

Karen is rumoured to be dating an accountant.....pictures in one of the rags...don't know how true that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I'm sensing this will be Karen's last year on Strictly. She's gone as far as she can.

Anton will probably be back again next year though. What age will his partner be, I wonder...? :o:D;)

As I said back on 8 November, it'll be quite a momentous occasion when he does leave. Same with Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They were standing together at the end though when the gathered around to congratulate the winners and Karen had her hand on his back.

Who are the rumours of a fling about? Its front page of some tabloid in the UK tomorrow that an unlikely pairing had a one night stand and details have linked online.

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.

How do you account for people not voting for Debbie then . Or how did Ore win last year ?

• Advertisement

Huh? That's a ridiculous statement given Ore winning last year.

Nothing to do with racism, all to do with personality......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Danny Mac was miles better than Ore last year but Ore won so that throws your theory out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah here, "racism" is over-egging it a bit!

She may have been the best dancer (but not by much IMO, Joe was definitely nipping at her heels) but Strictly is at least partly - some would say mostly - a popularity contest, and she clearly wasn't as popular as Joe over the whole series.

Why do you feel the need to bring race into it? confused.png

They were standing together at the end though when the gathered around to congratulate the winners and Karen had her hand on his back.

Who are the rumours of a fling about? Its front page of some tabloid in the UK tomorrow that an unlikely pairing had a one night stand and details have linked online.

No idea.....interested in hearing now though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

No idea.....interested in hearing now though

Sounds like nonsense, but it's front page...and I could do with some gossip even if only borderline true :D .
    Anyone heard names?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5156382/strictly-come-dancing-stars-shock-x-rated-romp-revealed-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I saw a tweet saying it was Gemma and Simon Rimmer.

Who knows how likely that is though 🀔

Who knows how likely that is though ��
    I've just read that tweet as well...... hmmmm! (and a bit euwwwww if I'm honest!)

Hmm well there have been rumours of Gorka & Gemma and Giovanni & Debbie (which I call bullshït on) so I wonder if it's something different.

Davood and his partner ?
    Two of the pros ? even though half of them are married to each other :D
    2 contestants ?
    I just want it narrowed down as it's easier to guess

It could easily be Gemma & Simon they became very close on the show and still are but that could be rubbish

Who knows how likely that is though 🀔

#vomit.......i thought she was seeing gorka? She gets about! (I don't believe it for a second)

• Advertisement

Jeepers, reading all the tabloid gossip has my head spinning :eek:

Gorka allegedly dating Gemma (first time a celeb has had a fling with someone who's not their dance partner) but Gorka rumoured to be seeing his personal trainer/gym buddy, and anyway, Gemma posting pics of having dinner with old flame Ryan Giggs (she also dated Christiano Ronaldo apparently). Meanwhile Alexandra is spitting at not having Gorka's undivided attention and throwing tantrums. Now Gemma rumoured to have had a one night stand with Simon (who's married).

And I thought Mollie and AJ was juicy gossip :rolleyes:

How do they keep up with themselves? :eek:

Advertisement