Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.

Grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 86,257 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jeepers, reading all the tabloid gossip has my head spinning :eek:

Gorka allegedly dating Gemma (first time a celeb has had a fling with someone who's not their dance partner) but Gorka rumoured to be seeing his personal trainer/gym buddy, and anyway, Gemma posting pics of having dinner with old flame Ryan Giggs (she also dated Christiano Ronaldo apparently). Meanwhile Alexandra is spitting at not having Gorka's undivided attention and throwing tantrums. Now Gemma rumoured to have had a one night stand with Simon (who's married).

And I thought Mollie and AJ was juicy gossip :rolleyes:

How do they keep up with themselves? :eek:

What age is AJ, he looks very young

• Registered Users Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What age is AJ, he looks very young
    23 (according to Wiki)

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.

Poppycock. You could also say sexism. From the start, Joe came across as a very likeable person. He started off average and improved week after week. Same goes for Gemma. (Loved the way herself and Mollie greeted each other after one of the dances) Debbie and Alexandra were great from the start. There was no “Journey”. No improvement. No bond with the public. It’s a dance competition and the one that improved the most won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ore won last year, beating Danny who was a better dancer. Race doesn't come into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Oh I’d be gutted if the rumours are about Gemma and Simon 😰 They both seem like lovely, down to earth people, I’d hate to hear he was carrying on behind his wife’s back or she was messing about with a married man. I can’t see it to be honest, Simon or Gorka.... let me think about that for one nanosecond!!!

• Administrators Posts: 13,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Some people are just not likeable, regardless of their skin colour. I think the people trying to bring skin colour into it are the ones with a problem with skin colour. It's irrelevant to this situation. Debbie could just as easily have beaten her.. Would it still be classed as racism? Actually maybe it's agist too?

For what it's worth, I don't particularly like Caroline Flack either. (I'm just wondering is it ok to not like certain white people for whatever reason, but it's not ok to not like certain/any black people?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

368100 wrote:
    Huh? That's a ridiculous statement given Ore winning last year.

And given the fact that she won X Factor, which is also a public vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Apparently the dance with Karen and Pasha to Ed Sheeran was prerecorded when Kevin was still in the competition with Susan but Karen and Pasha were already out. So no need to read too much in to it.

Chizzy posted up an interesting video of Neil and Brendan attempting Katya and Joe's cantilever lift last week. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

THIs was a great series - lots of fun from start to finish and I’m delighted Katya won.

I’m fascinated with the logistics of it; eg so the stars continue to work while filming or do they get time off? And I wonder if that makes things uneven, eg Ruth was still on tv so obviously not training all the time, was Alexandra able to focus it all because she’s not working full time at the moment? I also wonder do bbc stars get a bit more flexible arrangements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

So what were your stand out dances of the series? Just thinking back to last year, there were definitely more ‘wow’ moments.

Off the top of my head this year, I loved Alex’s AT and show dance , Joe’s samba and Charleston. Nothing else realty standing out to me at the moment. Don’t think there was anything this year to rival Danny’s samba or Ore’s Jive or of course Ed dancing to gangnam style 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The stars continue to work, hence why it's so demanding.
    For example, Charlotte Hawkins is up at 4 to go to the studio for breakfast TV, then finishes around midday and then went and practiced for several hours in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with her just being unrelatable and unlikable. The colour of her skin is nothing to do with that. And if "racism in the U.K. Is alive and well"' explain to me how last years winner was black?

So juvenile and petty to throw out the racism card just because your favourite dancer didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Or she's terribly unlikeable, and you are talking ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I didn't watch the X Factor the year AB won. I'd imagine she was a lot more genuine than she is now. I honestly cringed every single time she was on camera speaking. An amazing dancer but her faux modesty was so awkward.

I loved Joe from the launch show. Disgusted I didn't bet on him to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Apparently the dance with Karen and Pasha to Ed Sheeran was prerecorded when Kevin was still in the competition with Susan but Karen and Pasha were already out. So no need to read too much in to it.

Chizzy posted up an interesting video of Neil and Brendan attempting Katya and Joe's cantilever lift last week. Very funny.

Speaking of Chizzy , what on earth was all that blubbering and crying into her tissue about last night .? Bizzare behaviour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

ncmc wrote: »
    So what were your stand out dances of the series? Just thinking back to last year, there were definitely more ‘wow’ moments.

Off the top of my head this year, I loved Alex’s AT and show dance , Joe’s samba and Charleston. Nothing else realty standing out to me at the moment. Don’t think there was anything this year to rival Danny’s samba or Ore’s Jive or of course Ed dancing to gangnam style 😂😂😂
    Agree with all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

SCD fan who just realised Ed dances with Katya last year-at the time I thought how wonderful they were together. She played to his “strengths”!!! I did not enjoy this years SCD as much

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I can't think of a celeb dance that stood out. I really did like Alexandras jive the first time she did it. It just thundered out of no where on the night.

The one thing that I loved from this year was the 'Fashion' pro group dance. The house went quiet and we all just gawked at the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Cateym wrote: »
    I didn't watch the X Factor the year AB won. I'd imagine she was a lot more genuine than she is now. I honestly cringed every single time she was on camera speaking. An amazing dancer but her faux modesty was so awkward.

No she was as fake and gushing back then as she is now!

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Speaking of Chizzy , what on earth was all that blubbering and crying into her tissue about last night .? Bizzare behaviour ?

She was feeling emotional, she worked with Joe in Holby for a few years. It was genuine emotion and she quickly moved herself to the back so she wouldn't be seen being upset.

Alexandra actually was on the xfactor twice. I think Cowell contacted her to audition the second year around as there was a lack of talent auditioning. And she was equally sentimental those times. No different than she was this time on Strictly. When I heard she was a contestant on Strictly , everyone in my family kept saying she'll be crying again as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

She was feeling emotional, she worked with Joe in Holby for a few years. It was genuine emotion and she quickly moved herself to the back so she wouldn't be seen al!

I think Chizzy was crying even when Joe wasn't on ! I am sure they all felt emotional . She did move to the back and nearly knocked Charlotte flying .
    !

Yeah then she climbed on to the couch with Brendan Cole and was smiling away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Mo Farah winning SPOTY, jeez that racist public :rolleyes:

Johnnie came 3rd btw, no doubt as a result of his Strictly participation, but he seemed a really good guy!

I think it goes to show the effect of a public vote though. You can't ever take a popularity contest winner for granted

She was as bad on the Xfactor but to be fair she was only 19 (I think?) at the time, and she was a bit of an underdog story - in that Eoghan Quigg, JLS, and Diana Vickers were the early favourites, so her modesty back then would have been genuine (although she became the front-runner around halfway through)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

She wasnt. I watched her audition and the duet she did later on with Beyonce, same fake tears as on strictly.....it's an honour ......yada yada

ncmc wrote: »

It definitely was a lesser amount of showstoppers. Joe's samba was the only one that really made my jaw drop.

I liked debbie's paso in show 1 but got tired of her quickly with same streched leg time and time again.

Alexandra was a fantastic dancer....but as all the above, very hard to like and therefore some of the great routines she produced I could appreciate but not genuinely like or be taken with them.

368100 wrote: »
    It definitely was a lesser amount of showstoppers. Joe's samba was the only one that really made my jaw drop.

I liked debbie's paso in show 1 but got tired of her quickly with same streched leg time and time again.

Alexandra was a fantastic dancer....but as all the above, very hard to like and therefore some of the great routines she produced I could appreciate but not genuinely like or be taken with them.
    +1 to all of the above.

Joe's samba is the only one I've watched over and over again. And again.

+1 to all of the above.

Joe's samba is the only one I've watched over and over again. And again.

No joke....and a bit sad........ but I've watched it at least once a day since that sat night.

368100 wrote: »
    No joke....and a bit sad........ but I've watched it at least once a day since that sat night.
    I'm not sure if that's better or worse than me finding it two or three times since then and replaying it about 20 times each time :D

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than me finding it two or three times since then and replaying it about 20 times each time :D

:-D :-D I don't feel so bad now

Advertisement