Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    +1 to all of the above.

Joe's samba is the only one I've watched over and over again. And again.

Absolutely loved that Samba . So quirky and he got the MC to a tee .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quite a lot of forgettable pro dances too... apart from the Fashion one which was just great fun.
    The problem was also which pros they used for a lot of the dances. The likes of Neil and Katya were criminally underused, so too AJ and Chloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Is anyone here not going to watch Dancing with the Stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

368100 wrote: »
    I fully intend to not watch it, but know well that I won't be able to resist when the time comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cateym wrote: »
    I didn't watch the X Factor the year AB won. I'd imagine she was a lot more genuine than she is now. I honestly cringed every single time she was on camera speaking. An amazing dancer but her faux modesty was so awkward.

I loved Joe from the launch show. Disgusted I didn't bet on him to win.

I liked her on X Factor, she won because she had the Beyonce duet :p plus she wass Cheryl's act and it was her first year and she was the nation's sweetheart at that time

I thought maybe Joe and Gemma had a thing, shocked at Gemma and Simon if true :eek: although is Joe married too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

368100 wrote: »

I'm not going to watch it this year - the presenters are desperate and the judges are worse. Also there's nobody in the 'celebrity' lineup that I'm remotely interested in seeing.
    The UK version is much more palatable IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought maybe Joe and Gemma had a thing, shocked at Gemma and Simon if true :eek: although is Joe married too?

Joe is single, I read today.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I fully intend to not watch it, but know well that I won't be able to resist when the time comes!

That was exactly me last year....and i caved. I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll be watching, cringefest and all as it is.

It'll hardly be half as entretaining this year with nobody laying in a bath of fake tan before they come out on the floor :-D

dee_mc wrote: »
    Joe is single, I read today.

Joe is supposedly gay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I presumed he was gay but not out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I presumed he was gay but not out.

If he's not out shouldn't we respect his right to do so and speculate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I liked her on X Factor, she won because she had the Beyonce duet :p plus she wass Cheryl's act and it was her first year and she was the nation's sweetheart at that time

She was favourite that year a long time before the beyonce duet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Phew not just me who rewatches dances so :) I have been warned by Vodafone that I need to limit my YouTube viewing though :)

I won't watch dancing with the stars, although I do think Nicky has a great personality for a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So according to the UK tabloids, the cause of the trouble in Kevin & Karen's marriage is the fact that he's been having an affair with Louise Redknapp. Didn't see that one coming!
    368100 wrote:

Absolutely not. I gave up after two epsiodes last season. I'll be watching Dancing on Ice instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So according to the UK tabloids, the cause of the trouble in Kevin & Karen's marriage is the fact that he's been having an affair with Louise Redknapp. Didn't see that one coming!

:eek:

Absolutely not. I gave up after two epsiodes last season. I'll be watching Duotancing on Ice instead.
    is it either/or? Are they on at the same time? (not that that means anything these days!)

I have tried so many times to get in to dancing on ice but I just couldn't warm to it in the same way as Strictly.

So tired of the Clifton "drama" , they must be in desperate need for publicity. Time for Kevin and Karen to move along. Can't stand Louise Rednapp either. Did anyone see her brutal performance on ITT?

I saw a video on Joanne Clifton's twitter. She lives with Katya and Neil . They have two glitter balls and a Christmas special Star between them . Must be a fun house. No pressure on Neil so !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    is it either/or? Are they on at the same time? (not that that means anything these days!)

If Dancing on Ice wasn't on I'd still have no interest in DWTS. Amanda Holden was godawful, Nicky Byrne wasn't far behind her and two out of the three judges were sh!te.
    Postgrad10 wrote:
    I have tried so many times to get in to dancing on ice but I just couldn't warm to it in the same way as Strictly.

I used to figure skate so I have a serious soft spot for it. To the point where I have a genuine dilemma as to which show I'd do in my imaginary world where I'm famous enough to be asked to do both...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.

I knew when she didn't win there would be a lot of indulgent eye rolling that it was racial bias.

She was absolutely insufferable from start to finish. It was a testament to the programme that the viewers kept putting the best dancer in the dance off despite her scores. The public had no interest in watching her.

Also, she's in the west end. Simon Cowell tried to manage her into a pop star which would have included hours of training. The show starts to fly very close to the wind when they put someone with as much performance art training and general dance training as her into the competition. She's better than a priest, a aportsperson and some actors. Shocker. So shocking she's in tears 75% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Told ya. Still the wrong result though.

Well, one thing I think we *can* all agree on is that it is a popularity contest as well as a dance contest... :D:);)

Sure would be nice, though, if the Beeb revealed the voting figures. Do they lock them away afterwards - or do they even destroy them? :eek: :rolleyes:
    A friend told me that she had a reliable source who told her that Gemma was second, and Debbie third - and Alexandra polled just 9% of the votes. I can't vouch for it being a reliable source, but my friend obviously trusts it.

Racism alive and well in UK , Burke was miles ahead of everyone yet the public did not vote for her to win.
    That comment is actually more racist than the vote because you obviously don't consider that it was a popularity contest as much as a dance contest and Alexandra was less popular than Joe.

• Advertisement

The media (well the daily mail) seem to be making quite a deal about Karen going to the US without Kevin. Honestly though, nobody really cares.

For the Anton Du Beke fans , Anton, Lance Ellington and Tommy Blaise(Strictly singers) will be on the Chris Evans BBC Radio show tomorrow morning from 6.30-9.30. Clock alarmed:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5202355/Alexandra-Burkes-failure-win-Strictly-not-race-thing.html

Well we are all jealous and think Alexandra was threat according to Chizzy .Of course she would know how we all feel and feel she can judge us .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Livvie wrote: »
    A friend told me that she had a reliable source who told her that Gemma was second, and Debbie third - and Alexandra polled just 9% of the votes. I can't vouch for it being a reliable source, but my friend obviously trusts it.

Yeah that seems very legit imo

I said at the time that I was convinced that gemma would have come second on the night. It wouldn't honestly amaze me if she was very close to Joe aswell

She was much more liekable than Debbie and Alexandra. It wouldn't surprise me if debbie got feck all either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Livvie wrote: »
    jr86 wrote: »
    Yeah that seems very legit imo

I said at the time that I was convinced that gemma would have come second on the night. It wouldn't honestly amaze me if she was very close to Joe aswell

She was much more liekable than Debbie and Alexandra. It wouldn't surprise me if debbie got feck all either

It sure would be great if the figures were leaked - if, of course, they haven't been destroyed.

There'd be quite a few red faces at New Broadcasting House, I think... :D;)

Apparently.... 
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Joe and Katya - 53%[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Gemma and Alijaz - 25%[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Debbie and Giovanni - 13%[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    Alex and Gorka - 9%[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If true, then I can't say I'm surprised that Joe received *that* much of the vote.

After all, he almost certainly had most of Scotland and most of the young female viewers behind him... :o:D;)

If true, then I can't say I'm surprised that Joe received *that* much of the vote.

After all, he almost certainly had most of Scotland and most of the young female viewers behind him... :o:D;)

I am female but definitely not young and he got my 6 votes online !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If true, that's a huge majority for Joe.
    The Been will never tease the figures though. The main reason is it would make it incredibly hard to attract celebs to the show if they saw how unpopular some of the previous contestants were.

Heroditas wrote: »
    If true, that's a huge majority for Joe.
    The Been will never tease the figures though. The main reason is it would make it incredibly hard to attract celebs to the show if they saw how unpopular some of the previous contestants were.

I think that it’ll show prospective participants that the public prefer dancers that start off poor but improve. What I liked about Molly and Gemma for example, was how they listened to the judges and took criticism on board and improved their game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,991 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I know people say it's a dancing competition, but it's also an entertainment show. And as a viewer I enjoyed watching some and made tea during others! There's no denying Alexandra is a fantastic dancer. But she wasn't one I looked forward to watching every week. Same with Debbie. I was amazed by her for the first couple of weeks. Then I just sort of lost interest in her. I loved watching Gemma. I loved the "baby elephant" comment at the start and really looked forward to watching her improvement every week. Same with Mollie. She wasn't the most natural dancer, but she was charming to watch.

Advertisement