Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Not surprised, but thought it would be his choice to go.

Anton is 10 years older than Brendan. Still waiting for him to be judge. Would prefer Anton over Shirley any day. Didn’t warm to her at all, think he’d be really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

jr86 wrote: »
    Never saw that coming.

Something behind the scenes maybe? In this PC world we live in it could take something very little

Yeah, it's a PC issue because, you know, Brendan Cole tells stone really difficult truths that people just don't want to face up to...

He got axed because he's old and a bit of a bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Not surprised, but thought it would be his choice to go.

Anton is 10 years older than Brendan. Still waiting for him to be judge. Would prefer Anton over Shirley any day. Didn’t warm to her at all, think he’d be really funny.

He is older but he really brings out the best in his partners, unlike Brendan. Would brendan have brought Anne Widdecombe as far as Anton did or would he have sulked because she was a useless dancer?

He is older but he really brings out the best in his partners, unlike Brendan. Would brendan have brought Anne Widdecombe as far as Anton did or would he have sulked because she was a useless dancer?

Anton is great, especially with the weaker dancers, he’s such a gentleman who just wants his partner to enjoy dancing and do their best. Couldn’t say same for Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I though Brendan looked lazy and lackluster now for a few years to be honest

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I though Brendan looked lazy and lackluster now for a few years to be honest

Bit like Ola on her last year. You could tell it would be her last. She really didn’t want to be there,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fingers crossed, they make Neil one of the full time pros this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

End of an era. Quite a few incidents were I disagree with Strictly producers recently. Even if he needed to move on , the disrespect the BBC shows people is terrible. Why not help promote and celebrate Brendan's time on the show ? Today should have been more like Ore Oduba's tweet. The BBC has proved their lack of unprofessionalism once again, I'm thinking Tom Jones on the Voice, Michael Parkinson, Jonathon Ross, Jeremy Clarkson, and even poor Arlene Philips. They get their use out of people and then spit them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Clarkson and Ross were the ones who acted unprofessionally though, not the BBC in getting rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

I’m glad they got rid of Brendan. The show will be much better without him. He seemed to have no interest in being there if his partner was not a potential winner. It really showed with Anastasia; she was a really awkward and uncomfortable dancer with him, one week with Gorka and she had real potential. He was not a good teacher, it was all about him.

Anton on the other hand is a great teacher, seems to get on very well with all his partners and wants them to enjoy the experience. I really enjoyed him and Ruth, their Samba was great, you couldn’t help but smile at it.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I saw another story reported her as "the biggest signing in strictly yet" .....bit of an exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I don’t think she would be a great contestant as she comes across as having little or no personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

368100 wrote: »
    I saw another story reported her as "the biggest signing in strictly yet" .....bit of an exaggeration

The show has had WAGs before

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The show has had WAGs before

Yes, but ones who had ability and talent. Abby Clancy won with Alijaz but she was a seasoned model.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don’t think she would be a great contestant as she comes across as having little or no personality.

I find her very unlikeable and cannot believe she still stands by that muppet cheating husband Wayne

Lisa Armstrong aka Mrs. Ant McPartlin also rumoured, she already is a makeup artist on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Advertisement