Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Conversely, Oti yet again gets another young male partner.
    Also, let's see how Kevin gets on without Len defending him to the hilt and over marking him every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

And it doesn't matter how young and fit a partner of Oti's is, the public will still pick someone they like not necessarily their dance talent. Like Danny.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    And it doesn't matter how young and fit a partner of Oti's is, the public will still pick someone they like not necessarily their dance talent. Like Danny.

Dance talent leads to higher marks from the judges which pushes someone up the leaderboard and makes them less vulnerable, even if they're not popular with the public. They may not win it but they'll still go far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I think Debbie could surprise. I have to watch the full programme from last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Heroditas wrote: »
    Dance talent leads to higher marks from the judges which pushes someone up the leaderboard and makes them less vulnerable, even if they're not popular with the public. They may not win it but they'll still go far.

Well it is a dancing competition after all

• Advertisement

368100 wrote: »
    Well it is a dancing competition after all

True but it's become quite dumbed down (in my opinion anyway) over the last few years.

Heroditas wrote: »
    True but it's become quite dumbed down (in my opinion anyway) over the last few years.

Agreed.....more americanised for entertainmemt value leads to it becoming a bit silly imo

It's still far better than Dancing with the Stars. From what I can see it's all about posing in time to the music over there, less about the dance content.

If we look at Danny for instance, he was an amazing dancer the whole way through. But the public prefer to see the "journey" and that's why the likes of Ore, Chris , Tom Chambers, Darren Gough to name a few, win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Do they happen in real dance competitions?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Do they happen in real dance competitions?

According to the article there are same sex couples competing.

"In the world of competition, there are same-sex couples competing, so there is no reason same sex couples couldn't happen on Strictly."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

According to the article there are same sex couples competing.

"In the world of competition, there are same-sex couples competing, so there is no reason same sex couples couldn't happen on Strictly."
    That's fair enough then, why not!

According to the daily mail Gemma and Gorka are an item (already!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

368100 wrote: »
    Agreed.....more americanised for entertainmemt value leads to it becoming a bit silly imo

There have only been three American celebs up to now, though (Michelle Williams, Jerry Hall and Anastacia). ;)

There have only been three American celebs up to now, though (Michelle Williams, Jerry Hall and Anastacia). ;)

Ah yeah....I meant that it's moving to the American idea of entertainment, rather than Americans being part of the show :-) generally the sort of stuff that makes us cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    According to the daily mail Gemma and Gorka are an item (already!!).

That's today's news yesterday it was AJ and Mollie, god knows what crap they will try to report next I call bulls*it on that story

Anything for publicity !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's the Daily Mail, what do you expect? :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Jive and paso doble and viennese waltz on week one, thats way too hard. Wish there was a couple of dances so we could compare

• Advertisement

I agree, I preferred when they danced one of two dances for the first few weeks. It gave us the chance to compare the dancer but it also gave the dancers a chance to settle in and get familiar with the basics.

That's a great idea. Have everyone do the same dance for the first two weeks ( different choreography of course) and give the public a real basis for comparison. Probably too boring for the producers though. The jive is a toughie for the first week unless they've had months of prior training ;)

There's an awful lot of cha cha cha's in there. I think I counted 5?

They might as well let Simon go now. Paso Doblé already !

I see Kristina and the lovely Tristan are doing a tour of ireland http://www.theatreroyal.ie/events/an-evening-with-kristina-rihanoff-tristan-macmanus

Let's go !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Here we go , so excited !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh they must all be so nervous.

Evening all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh they must all be so nervous.

Evening all :)

Evening ! I am nervous for them ! Lucky lucky Gemma !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Gemma was a wee bit stiff there, I thought. Not enough hip action.

• Advertisement

Not bad for her first dance though. Well done to her.

Advertisement