Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

honeybear wrote: »
    I think Debbie could surprise. I have to watch the full programme from last night.

On catch up - She was great

Think I'm going to like Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Joe has potential to get better. Better than the likes of Gemma and Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wow . Zoe is looking old and a worn out . Hope the programme helps her brighten up in time

Glad Karen Hardy’s not on! Love Camilla.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Of course, I still want to know why Karen isn't on this year.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Has Brian had a tipple?

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Of course, I still want to know why Karen isn't on this year.

I can't see anything about on the internet. Wondering if not getting a place on the judging panel has anything to do with it? I did think she was a good candidate for it.

Has Brian had a tipple?

He is seriously annoying and I didnt understand a word he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow . Zoe is looking old and a worn out . Hope the programme helps her brighten up in time

Well, she *has* endured heartache recently.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2017091442416/zoe-ball-birthday-tribute-billy-yates/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Frankly, I'd be surprised if it didn't beat XF *every* week this year... ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭threetrees

I missed Karen Hardy but Camilla is a good replacement, I like her. I just hope she continues to comment on the choreography and doesn't veer off into this mindfulness stuff she's into now!

Anyone see Marian Keyes tweet about AJ? She was dead right, he is a show off and a lot of the jive was about him, sliding on the piano indeed! And Mollie just standing there. He has a lot to learn from other professionals who let their celeb grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Thought it was a great first week. My favs were Joe, Jonny and Debbie though if she has a background in ballet not sure she should be there at all. Bit like Alexandra. Can't warm to her or Mollie at all. I think it'll be an all male final unless the public back Debbie which I don't know if they will.... Joe, Ashton and Davood

Camilla is only doing it for a few days, there are others that will come in and do the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I like the idea that we'll get to see some of the older professionals in choreography corner instead of just Karen every week. It'll be fun to see (hopefully) Erin, Natalie, Flavia, Vincent...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

honeybear wrote: »
    Think I'm going to like Joe

Joe is my favourite :p

I love his scottish charm, smile and eyes, oh just everything about him

JoeMcFadden.jpg?quality=90&resize=620,413

Ian Waite back in again on ITT. Wouldn't mind if it was a joint effort between Zoe and him. He brings out a nice side to Zoe.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Ian Waite back in again on ITT. Wouldn't mind if it was a joint effort between Zoe and him. He brings out a nice side to Zoe.

I used to love Ian but find him increasingly OTT and camp these days

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joe is my favourite :p

I love his scottish charm, smile and eyes, oh just everything about him

JoeMcFadden.jpg?quality=90&resize=620,413

Meh. Brian's better looking.

:o:o:o:o:D:D:D:D;);););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just managed to catch up in time for tomorrow's second show......

Haven't been keeping notes, but having just watched Ruth I have to start my comments - OMG, that was.... tragic! But Charleston next week??? :eek:

Debbie was just - WOW!!! I honestly don't know if I'm amazed, impressed, or appalled - or all three tbh. No words.

The blurbs at the beginning of each dance with all the "oh X was always my number one, I HOPED I'd be paired with X" are intensely annoying :mad: I bet half of them had never even heard of their partners, given that a lot of them are new this year. Why do they feel the need to do all that uber-showbizzy false stuff?

Susan Calman (whom I'm assuming is a comedienne) managed to do the first (and hopefully last I'll ever see) comedy Viennese Waltz I've ever seen - and appeared to nearly get away with it as well. Easy knowing it's week 1!

Just teeing up for Richard Coles now..... am tempted to watch from behind the couch :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Shirley was on it takes two tonight and I really like her. Also love it when Marianne keyes is on the panel.
    Slightly embarrassing though when me and my mum didnt recognise melvin, and ny dad goes ;thats the guy that was voted out first last year. And he claims he doesnt really watch strictly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, may have to go back and watch Aston's foxtrot again.... that was GOOD!

Janette easily one of my favourite pros, so delighted to see her with someone with potential.

Like Joe-what height is he? He looks tiny!

I was so delighted with Melvin won the Christmas special. He was put out far too early last year.

Having rewatched Debbie's dance , I'm beginning to see little content and a lot of posing. Gio definitely used her ballet skills to their advantage.

Really enjoyed Shirleys interview on ITT . She seemed excireh and delihteh to be part of the show . I wish I could wear that dress she had on !

Looking forward to tonight and would be happy to see Ruth or Brian leave .

Go Debbie ! She amazed me !
    Aston needs to calm down and less of the winking and self adoration
    Alexandra could be amazing if she too calms down
    Joe looked good and I really like Mollie
    So bring it on !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Shirleys interview on ITT . She seemed excireh and delihteh to be part of the show . I wish I could wear that dress she had on !

Looking forward to tonight and would be happy to see Ruth or Brian leave .

Go Debbie ! She amazed me !
    Aston needs to calm down and less of the winking and self adoration
    Alexandra could be amazing if she too calms down
    Joe looked good and I really like Mollie
    So bring it on !!

Looooved Shirleys dress. Seems like a nice gal.

Think Aston might be the Peter Andre of this series. Great dancer but full of himself.
    Love Joe. And Debbie.
    Brian gets on my goat. As does Ruth.
    The Reverend could go far!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I don't understand all the Debbie love. I thought her Paso was average at best, a lot of extended arms and legs which played on her ballet background but not a lot of dance content. Giovanni was also clearly annoyed by the kiss at the end which was not part of the dance. If an older male celeb did that to a younger dancer there probably would have been complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ruth might not be dancing tonight due to injury

• Advertisement

I don't believe it (inspired by Victor Meldrew

Advertisement