Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiggle - non eu?

Options
  • 09-05-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

ordered from wiggle and item sent to customs as non-eu.
    already???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You tell us???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

been happening for a while now. won't delay it or cause any additional charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

biko wrote: »
    You tell us???

sweet jesus i am !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

been happening for a while now. won't delay it or cause any additional charges.
    yep had same here on last order (article 50 preparations probably :D )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Speaking of Wiggle....How is it for bike gear these days? Gone downhill massively for running stuff. Haven't used it myself in a couple of years...wondered when the decline began.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I am confused. I thought the UK was still part of the single market, and nothing would change until the 2 year clock had expired (assuming Hard Brexit / WTO Rules)

It depends where they ship it from - If it is shipped direct from China or from for example the channel islands then yes that is coming from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I am confused. I thought the UK was still part of the single market, and nothing would change until the 2 year clock had expired (assuming Hard Brexit / WTO Rules)

Not quite.

VAT is paid on entry to the EU but imports to the RoI are still liable for Duty, may be checked for drugs and should be checked for infringements of copyright and the Agri regs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

moonboy52 wrote: »
    ED E wrote: »
    Not quite.

VAT is paid on entry to the EU but imports to the RoI are still liable for Duty, may be checked for drugs and should be checked for infringements of copyright and the Agri regs too.

Not to mention that shipping firms would be borderline negligent not to go about preparing their processes ahead of Brexit completing, and so far as I can see that's all that's going on here - the packages go to this state, but are basically automatically moved beyond it. However it means that when they do have to start distinguishing, their systems are ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

@racoon queen suunto ambit 3 run for 112£/130€.
    delighted no charges but a watchout for future purchases!

• Advertisement
Advertisement