Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin veiw piont

Options
  • 09-05-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Can anyone recommend a good view point of Dublin from the mountains at night ?
    Some where safe that you can drive to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hey guys
    Can anyone recommend a good view point of Dublin from the mountains at night ?
    Some where safe that you can drive to ?

Hell fire club

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

The Blue Light Pub carpark or the layby on the R113 after the M50 Bridge look like good candidates to me. Ihave only been in the first one after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hell fire club

That wouldn't really fall into the safe at night category though..

Up the road from there there is whats called the viewpoint.

Just expect lots of rocking cars. Don't look in the windows and you should be fine. :P

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Dublin+bay+panoramic+view/@53.2399169,-6.3206237,123m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xef1e1af6a70f5799!8m2!3d53.2397457!4d-6.3204747

The Blue light car park is for patrons of the pub only when the pub is open, but its a good excuse to get a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Killiney Hill car park for a view from the south east

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Top of Cruagh Road at the junction with the R115 is a view thats hard to beat at night. As for safety, I can't really say but the road does have evidence of boy racers presence.

Something tells me at least one of you will have your back to the view anyway, unless you get very creative! The car park at Cruagh Wood itself has a great view, but is locked at night presumably. A college era girlfriend and myself used to take ourselves up there for summer night alone time when we were both living at home! Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Top of Cruagh Road at the junction with the R115 is a view thats hard to beat at night. As for safety, I can't really say but the road does have evidence of boy racers presence.

Something tells me at least one of you will have your back to the view anyway, unless you get very creative! The car park at Cruagh Wood itself has a great view, but is locked at night presumably. A college era girlfriend and myself used to take ourselves up there for summer night alone time when we were both living at home! Good times.

Thats the one I linked above, lots of boy racers among other sorts of people. Hence my rocky cars comment.

Lots of dead bodies found near that place

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/scene-of-natural-beauty-reveals-terrifying-secrets-243762.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You need to go have way down as the trees block the view.

Advertisement