Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing courses

Options
  • 09-05-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys - does anyone know anything about the nursing courses available in Ireland - friend is looking to transfer from a university in the UK, so aside from THOSE complications, Im looking for any tips anyone would have on where to seek general guidance on the courses. I realise she can approach the colleges themselves but with that brings a certain bias on information coming from colleges who (may not accept her) but want to advertise the best part of their colleges. Main concern is things like how far will placements be from the universities - obviously places like NUIG & UL are situated near / beside hospitals but from my own knowledge I know of people who were in NUIG & had to travel to Ballinasloe for placement, which is reasonable, but it would be good to be clear on whether you were based in LYIT say, would you have to travel to Sligo? And if she does have to do this, is the public transport reliable enough -other people do it, so she can do it too, but what with the way Bus Eireann has been over the recent weeks, uprooting her to come back to Ireland for her to face similar problems, it would be good to at least be aware of it. As said, other people do it, and if any of those are reading and can offer an insight - it would help a thousand.

Advertisement