Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help on astec alarm

Options
  • 09-05-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

im looking for help along with apdf of the installation and or engineering manual
    im an accidental landlord and when my tenant moved they took with them the drier the hoover both sofas a book case all the pictures and the outside boiler they also destroyed the fridge the oven all the carpets and beds blinds and curtains well over 10 k of damage they even broke the alarm system

im  missing a magnetic reed switch off  the back door sliding  and the tamper on the window in the main bedroom

question: can I get a new parts for the magnetic reed switch and tamper switch can I repair them if parts not available or can I bypassing if not do either
    secondly has anyone a copy pdf or soft copy of the manual

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need to convert any sensors or contacts that need replacing by using 680 ohms resistors.
    I have sent you a link to the Astec manual. Hope it helps.
    If you have any questions come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Koolkid.

Looking at this can you post the link that you have used here so that we can see if we are linking correctly to the copyright owners web site please.

From memory astec manuals has a copyright warning on same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The PM conforms to the rules and guidelines set out in Niamh post. Have I now to disclose every PM I send?

KoolKid wrote: »
    The PM conforms to the rules and guidelines set out in Niamh post. Have I now to disclose every PM I send?

What link have you sent please

Also please read my post. I asked you to post the link you sent not the PM, please don't blur the request.

If you have linked to a copyright holders site then is it not an issue, if you appear as a conduit to other sources of material that might place boards.ie in hot water then it's best to avoid it.

Do you wish to discuss this on thread or take it to PM?

• Advertisement

we can PM it

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will need to convert any sensors or contacts that need replacing by using 680 ohms resistors.
    I have sent you a link to the Astec manual. Hope it helps.
    If you have any questions come back to us.
    Hi, I have one of these panels meself, I'd like to work on also, could you PM me a link, cheers mate :-)

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stoner wrote: »
    What link have you sent please

Also please read my post. I asked you to post the link you sent not the PM, please don't blur the request.

If you have linked to a copyright holders site then is it not an issue, if you appear as a conduit to other sources of material that might place boards.ie in hot water then it's best to avoid it.

Are these links available to all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I thought this practice was not allowed as per the legal statement on manufacturers manuals

• Advertisement

I've asked KK to address his post differently.

He has not, a very simple edit was suggested.

The thread opened in feedback seems to be policy in KKs opinion.

I disagree. I reviewed the boards.ie policy beforehand. I'm not happy that kk has posted again with a similar post.

I can just edit his post but that's bad practice.

I've pointed out what i believe this type of text could expose boards to, but it does not seem to be a concern

The small edit has not been carried out.
    So we need to discuss the issue in a much larger context, IMO needlessly.

So I'm going to go down this road.

Note this is still under discussion and that KK is working away and completely aware of what I have asked him to do. Either of us could be correct at the end of the day but I don't think it had to go down this road.

This is off PM now, that went absolutely nowhere but could have easily been resolved unknown to anyone but KK and I

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi all, just catching up on this now, and have reviewed the points on copyright manuals etc.

Just to be clear, users are not to send manual links via PM. If you have a manual to send, put the link in thread. I'm not going to waste time asking users to share links after the fact and all that messing around. KK you are a long terms user, you know the score. The above could have been sorted in 2 minutes, so next time it happens and any user sends manuals via PM, that users is taking a holiday from the forum.

QED

Advertisement