Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenaeum House Hotel

Options
  • 09-05-2017 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

booked a suite there but came in very cheap now im having doubts.

anyone there in the last while? whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

corkgsxr wrote: »
    booked a suite there but came in very cheap now im having doubts.

anyone there in the last while? whats it like?

It's meant to be lovely, heard a few people who stayed/ate there, including Dermot and Dave off radio saying all good things recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah. It's a nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Lovely place ..food and rooms are very nice..i recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Have no worries, great spot. Food is lovely, nice views over river and 5 mins by car from town. Nicest Guinness around in my opinion if you are a fan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Seems fine so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It's lovely there. Attended a wedding last year and everything was top notch.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I live a couple of mins away from there, never stayed there, but have eaten there a few times, its excellent, and if you are lucky to have some good weather during your stay, you'd be hard pushed to find a better setting than their gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

Would be great if you could let us know how you got on? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Stayed with himself there a couple of years ago. Got the room quite cheap given we booked it the night before.

Definitely one of my favourite places to stay. Staff are lovely, rooms are spacious, beds are unreal and food top notch.

Highly recommend it. Conor McGregor stayed there not so long after our visit and he loved it apparently.

The best is that you are so close to the town but you definitely do not think that you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Yep. Stayed there a few years ago. Had a lovely stay!

Advertisement