Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Good or Bad in the Supermarkets This Week

Options
  • 09-05-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Based on extensive market research and invaluable feedback, I'm starting a thread to discuss, from mainly a food perspective, What's Good or Bad in the Supermarkets thread.

Yesterday, I went to both Aldi and Tesco.

Aldi were out of Pink Lady apples and when I asked I was told they are no longer stocking them. Shame as they are the best. I am fan of the fresh pasta range in Aldi and saw for the first time they had fresh lasagne sheets. Sadly, when I opened them they were all stuck together and I just ended up with strips of various degrees of thickness. In the end they turned out OK though.

Off to Tesco then (to buy Pink Lady apples which I totally forgot about as they were on the "Aldi" list!). I bought a pack of 4 large, own brand oranges for 1.99. Sadly they were quite dry. The ones in Aldi in comparison are great. On the plus side for Tesco was the reduced Haagen Dazs which always keeps me in clover with Mrs. Loire.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A couple of weeks ago Supervalu were selling a tray of Pink Lady apples, I think there were 14 apples in it, with a free shopping bag for €5.99. I haven't seen them since though. It was shocking to see how many trays had had the free bag lifted from them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A couple of weeks ago Supervalu were selling a tray of Pink Lady apples, I think there were 14 apples in it, with a free shopping bag for €5.99. I haven't seen them since though. It was shocking to see how many trays had had the free bag lifted from them :eek:

We were going to pick up a tray but every tray was ripped open and all the apples looked battered. I didn't even realise there was supposed to be a free bag with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Someone posted this link in the Dublin County North forum - it's a site listing the weekly special offers across all the major supermarkets :)

http://www.valueireland.com/2014/11/grocery-special-offers-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Someone posted this link in the Dublin County North forum - it's a site listing the weekly special offers across all the major supermarkets :)

http://www.valueireland.com/2014/11/grocery-special-offers-ireland/

Only prob is no one has bothered to update it (I clicked on the Tesco lick and it brought me to the Easter brochure :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The nectarines on special in Aldi this week are so sweet and juicy after a couple of days ripening. The pineapple on special is ready to eat and delicious as well. :)

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Only prob is no one has bothered to update it (I clicked on the Tesco lick and it brought me to the Easter brochure :eek:)

Oh no :rolleyes:
    I clicked on Supervalu and a couple of others and they were up to date.

Our local Supervalu had 1kg crates of Keelings strawberries for €6.50 today.

Advertisement