Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Account Finances

• 09-05-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My mother currently gets maintenance from my father for two of my younger siblings. He pays the money into my bank account at her request. I personally have no written legal agreement to pay her such monies.

She is currently in a relationship with a known credit card theft and fraudster. This man has her completely brainwashed and cause the breakdown in her relationship with myself and one of my siblings.

Due to his recent past and the fact he has access to her bank account I don't feel comfortable in sending her the maintenance money from my father anymore.

I intend on opening a savings account attached to my bank account for my two siblings and transferring the money to there until they are 18 and giving them their money then.

My question is since the money is put into my bank account, technically it is my money and I can do as I wish with it. But am I legally obliged to send my mother the money or can I transfer it into a savings account for my siblings due to my concerns with her relationship.

Many thanks in advance for all assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Talk to a legal professional. We cannot give legal advice on this site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement